SOTD : Saturday 23rd April - Friday 29th April 2022.

SOTD 41.jpg

Soap – Stirling Ozark Mountain sample
Brush – Sagrada Familia
Razor – Muhle R41 / EJ 3D handle
Blade – GSB / Shark Super Stainless
A/S – Proraso Green
Balm – Proraso Green

This was my first shave with the infamous R41 and I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve had quite a few more shaves with it.
Not at all smooth from the get go. It felt like I was tearing hair out as opposed to cutting it down. I was prepared for some significant blade feel but not for the roughness in the shave especially when I was using Stirling soap and a GSB blade.
I tried another blade ( Shark SS ) for the second pass to see if there was any noticeable difference but it still felt very tuggy and rough. Last pass and minor pick ups were very smooth but there was virtually nothing left by then.
I had no cuts, irritation, burn or anything like that and the result was outstanding but I had a bit of a rough ride getting there.
Overall the shave probably turned out better than I expected and with no blood or cuts I was pleasantly surprised.
A few more shaves will get me better accustomed to the razor and if I can find a suitable blade pairing to eliminate the tugging it could be a decent prospect.

Have a great day and enjoy your shaves.

278865968_728175884984730_6990302938379013321_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Tabac
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (4)

I discovered a small amount of original Tabac in a little travel pot in the cupboard, so have managed to postpone the switch to new formula Tabac! Probably enough for half a dozen more shaves at least :) Everything worked as it should - decent finish from the Super Blue on its fourth outing too.

Friday 29th April

AM-JKLXgEezppkKMZc7zc58nE1oMflfNGumHKXqTI2lv_vPQvuCMGX4KRgTFa3BKAKeo47atc59N5u2Lyh9vSiiogFyjQjCrPXfafZ8EGz2ZT3_DXC8rh0XDeKvRZE8g6qbdhihjez7Wf5gsZFiDL3ItWcjPNA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Boots (Vintage 1990s?) Shaving Bowl
Razorock 400 Bruce w/Plissoft Synthetic 24mm
Gillette Mach3 Limited Edition & Gillette Mach3 Cartridge (5)
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne
Haramain Amber Attar

7BEB2D3A-087E-4B74-A5A7-D84A20C59B8E.jpeg
SOTD: 29/04/2022

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Kai Titan Mild Pink , 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Yaqi The Green Puck
Aftershave: Yaqi The Green Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

After PIFing my old Excalibur I decided I couldn’t do without it or afford a Vector, so picked up the head for next to nothing from the Yaqi’s AliExpress store and it’s back and possibly even better than beforehand! Smooth and efficient and fabulous post shave feel from the Yaqi, just a great shave full stop!

Back
Top Bottom