SOTD: Saturday 22th -Friday 28st June 2019.

Saturday 22nd June 2019 PM

Pre-shave:- Warm rinse / Proraso White pre-shave cream
Brush:- Stirling Soap Company Finest Badger
Soap/Cream:- OSP Barber Shop cream
Razor/Blade:- Muhle R41 / Shark Super Stainless (1)
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / Epsilon Blue aftershave / Barts Balm Grapefruit and Pink Pepper

My first venture into OC razors today...and no pussyfooting around, straight into the deep end with the R41.

All I can say is......what an awesome performer. Listening to everything I had heard about this razor, I made sure there was no pressure and no lapse in concentration.

3 days growth disappeared without the slightest bit of effort. The end of the first pass had me in DFS territory and by the time I had done my third and final pass I was squeaky smooth.

The slightest burn from the Epsilon, but it was of those “by Christ (that's) good” moments.

The Shark blade was smooth and certainly earned its crust during my first pass. The blade feel from the razor seems to be on another level. Not intimidating, just letting you know it needs your attention or it'll bite.

This has to be one of the damn finest shaves I've had in a long time, including my OneBlade Genesis. For my first outing with the R41 I'm now looking forward to round 2! [emoji1362]

Have a great evening and enjoy your weekend folks! [emoji1303]

As always Iain, educational and entertaining. It's remarkable the knowledge you have picked up from ‘The Chase' over the years.

Ha ha ha ha ha - fantasy 'Chase' - the most influential medieval Franciscan philosopher - 'yes Bradley - it was between A or B - either William of Ockham or John Bonaventure - I've never heard of Plato - so I just went straight down the middle.' ha ha ha - I.

Excellent, as always, Iain; thank you. S.

Ha! I can just picture it. But joking aside mate, please respect the courts decision and stay away from The Governess'. There's a fine line between love and dangerous obsession.

SOTD : 23rd JUNE 2019.

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Lemon Flower Extracts Transparent Soap.

Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.

Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Uber/Superlather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap / Supermax 'Classic' Shave Cream.

Blade: Trig ~ Silver Edge. (2) (Blue cover)

Frankenrazor: Yingjili Tech head / Schmidt R10 Handle.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Duru ~ Turkish Lemon Cologne Spray.

Boots ~ Moisturising Cream.

Greetings,

Another wonderfully relaxing Williams Superlather sunday shave.

The Chinese Yingjili " 7'0clock Stirling tech copy "is another razor that was passed on to me, which i've only used a few times for face shaving, i normally use it for shaving the back of my neck when i do my monthly head shave, which is excellent because of the long handle...Today i experimented and paired the "chinese gillette tech copy'' head up with my schmidt R10 handle which made a wonderful frankentech the extra weight of the handle gave a wonderful additional heft, making a non-aggressive but efficient duo.

When i first entered the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving i was under the impression the term 'non-aggressive' meant that the razor "didn't shave very well," how stupidly naive i was, what i found out 'non-aggressive 'means that a razor or blade are more forgiving in-between each shaving pass but doesn't cause as much irritation or risks of getting cuts & nicks, as an aggressive razor or blade would take less passes ,but could cause irritation to the skin and cuts...However, I've found once my technique and shaving confidence had developed,and treating the razor with the upmost respect i now know how to approach each DE or SE razor i've shaved with,and get satisfactory shaving results adding to that, i learn something everytime i shave.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups acceptable silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Boots ~ Moisturising Lotion.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling devine.

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.

Last edited:
+ 1 - and they have a New Razor coming out the ENOCH !!