SOTD : Saturday 21th May - Friday 27th May 2022.

Wednesday 25 May

I'm going out for a meal with wife ' her sister and brother in law.

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock
Brush: Simpson's Trafalgar T2
Soap: Arko (bowl lather)
EDT: Next - Edition

WTG & ATG. This was the 1st time with these blades; they are not bad at all; fairy sharp; fairly smooth. The razor is probably my favourite out of my collection as it gives a decent shave with no nasty surprises.

Attachments

• 1998CAM_2022_05_25_17_59_45_FN.jpg
    1998CAM_2022_05_25_17_59_45_FN.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 5
Wednesday AM 2022-05-25
Movie 'Midnight Cowboy' was released on this date in 1969
eAfhx5j.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest (24/57)
Noble Otter Monoi de Tahiti shaving soap
LASSC BBS-1
Wilkinson London Bridge (8)
Prada pour Homme aftershave

Since it was my first time using the soap, I scooped a generous almond sized dollop of it, which made voluminous thick, rich lather. Next time I'll reduce it to a large pea size. The lather's fragrance was good, but I wasn't overly impressed. The razor and blade were extremely smooth, as always.
6k3pLWQ.jpg

4E047AA8-AD60-4A50-8C37-2816E4ED2D44.jpeg
SOTD: 25/05/2022

Razor: Green Cult Razor
Blade: Dorco Titan , 1st use
Brush: Crown King Switchback 400
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Wickhams Club Cola Puck
Aftershave: PAA Future Fiction Cologne
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A great shave with this blade razor combo, I’ve not used the Titan’s for a while for no other reason than they seem to have been pushed to the back of my drawer I store them in!
The soap sample week continued with the excellent Wickhams Club Cola. It was obviously better wrapped and it lathered up a treat and smelt great. It’s a great soap base and will no doubt be added to my collection at some point.
Enjoy your day guys.

Pre = Barts Balm Sample B Lime Essential Oil
Razor = PAA La Criatura Double Slant
Blade = Vintage Gillette Super Silver Spoiler ( 2 )
Brush = Chisel & Hound 26mm V15 Fanchurian
Soap = The Right Handed Giant By P&B with matching Balm
Aftershave = Vintage Brut By Fabergé
1887988A-BE2E-4982-9912-387D01F96586.jpeg
Absolutely top drawer shave today. Normally with these razors my shaves are 7-8 / 10 but this one was 10/10.
As most of you will know sometimes i use preshave & sometimes i don’t
There’s no rhyme or reason to it it’s i sometimes do i sometimes don’t.
If i’m on holiday i always use a pre shave, i think it’s just the thought of using another nice product.
Whether they work or not is down to the individual.
Did the preshave make this shave better than normal with these plastic razors ?
Who Knows but it was first class.
For the guys that don’t know The soap from Phoenix & Beau is a homage to Fabergé Brut and for me they have it pretty much spot on.
I seem to be getting right in to soaps that are homage to scents of the past,
Brut was definitely one i used in my early teens so brings back wonderful memories.
The Brush is probably the star of the show, A real top performer as you would expect from these artisan brush makers.
Anyway boys & girls
enjoy your shaves
Stay Safe

Last edited:
Today's SOTD themed 'Signature Soaps Spaghettium Shortium'

20220525_130548.jpg

Razorium perfectiumum - Ikon B1
Fuckium sharpinium - Polsilver Lodz
Facium Brushiam - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Tinum soapium - Signature Soaps Capra Insuriam
Facium softuminiam - Botanica moisturiser
'Bollocks to this I'm going back home'

Boy do the spaghetti shorts clog the razor.

Final outing for the Ikon for this week before boredom sets in. A man needs a change of razor. Well, we do. May be. Okay, we don't. Still a great showing as per usual and to be honest, one of those 'I'd be happy if it was that desert island razor'. Fortunately I don't intend to find myself as the sole occupier of such, even though my wife wishes quite the opposite.

The Capra Insuriam is not quite my scent and I do find I have to work it more than Brian's offerings which don't contain goats. Still a superb lather once there and somethings in life are worth the effort. I'm not.

After nearly two days of facial neglect, a very welcome shave with very welcome happy bunnies by the end. And I do like happy bunnies.

Be well everyone and I do love you all

Some Cyntia to see it all out being as sometimes since they saw the light of shave here

SOTD : 26th May 2022.

thursday.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sandalwood Shaving Cream.
Blade: Schick Japanese Twin.(D4)
Razor: Schick Injector I1. 1955-58

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Floid Mentolado Vigoroso ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

Final outing of the Schick I1 injector razor to finish my shaving week off on a high.

Both the Schick I1 & Japanese twin blade has provided me with consistently smooth acceptable close shaves with each shave ..The star of my shaving week has been the Schick Japanese Twin blades, they are amazingly good. In the future when i need more injector blades i'll be placing an order for both the Personna PTFE SS and Schick Japanese Twin blades too.. Very impressive blades the best Injector blades i have tried to date.

A comfortable enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB....The Floid Mentally Vigorous & Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB was a superb fresh cooling duo...I have a 400ml unopened bottle of Floid Mentolado Vigoroso ASL to keep me going for a good while yet.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom