SOTD : Saturday 21th May - Friday 27th May 2022.

Yesterday was a bit of a rush, got ready and had a really good start to the day using the Signature Valentia, ably whipped off using the Brit Tech Set #27 loaded with a Nacet blade.

Ready for the off, decent run up to Burnley, my son as usual not talkative, so the journey was accompanied by Machine Gun Kelly. Sunday dinner with the parents, then over to the ground and......... wait!

Then mood going up and down as I shouted that the ref was a total wanker.
It was all to no avail and no matter how we cheered, or gave the away team some stick, or as usual sung that Blackburn Rovers were horse-fiddling bastards, Burnley, the team I've supported since "I were a lad" became the last of 3 relegated from the the English Premier League this season.

Today's shave was going to be Tears, but we played shite for much of the season and it is after all, just football (Ah, sacrilege, I hear some say!).
I decided on an American theme, seeing as the American owners need to do some big thinking before they ruin our club - I'm still bewildered how football finance and Premier League financial due diligence works! - borrow £185 million to buy a club for £200 million, then put £165 million debt onto a club that was solvent with £85 million in the bank??

American Blend provided a fairly decent shave in the future hopes that my team don't plummet down the Football League!

Thanks for providing the financial details of the takeover, I had no idea, it's like reading the history of Manchester United all over again. How the football authorities allow these takeovers take place is simply suspicious to me.
In the case of Manchester United, the American Glazer family have taken over a billion pound out of the club and wasted another billion running the club without a clear vision other than making sure the club generates enough revenue to satisfy the dividends..... It's sad to say these owners, since they bought the club, have not invested a penny from their pocket..... It looks like unless they do something they won't enjoy those large dividends for much longer..... I haven't bought a single item from Manchester United in 15 years and I wish more people stopped buying Manchester United's merchandise.

I've come to the conclusion that the only way out from this misery is to get rid of these owners which is more difficult than anyone can imagine. I hope Chelsea don't fall into the same trap.

SOTD : 24th May 2022.

tuesday.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Proraso Blue Shaving Cream.
Blade : Schick Japanese Twin.(D3)
Razor: Schick Injector I1. 1955-58

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Sport Style ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

The Schick Injector I1& Japanese Twin blade continued to perform with smooth mild efficiency.

The Proraso Blue shaving cream created a nice creamy slick protective lather with only a small amount in a short space of time The residual slickness is excellent leaving a superb post-shave from the addition of the aloe vera and vitamin E making my mature skin feel soft & moisturized after the shave.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollop's of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 24-May
20220522_103055.jpg
Brush: Simpson Captain
Soap: Signature Soaps Valentia
Razor: MMOC
Blade: GEM PTFE (2)

Much much better, effortless lather with a great scent and the MMOC with 2 passes and a couple of touch ups resulted in a very smooth finish, excellent!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Tue 24 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Malibu
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Karve Brass OC-D
Blade Persona X Series 16th Use
Aftershave Yaqi Malibu Splash
Very nice scented soap and the lather is just impeccably creamy and slick...
A good uneventful shave with the razor paired with the well-used but still very smooth blade. Efficiency is not as good but still able to get a dfs result in 3passes without any issues. The aftershave is very good too...
20220524_093644.jpg

SOTD 24-May
View attachment 88418
Brush: Simpson Captain
Soap: Signature Soaps Valentia
Razor: MMOC
Blade: GEM PTFE (2)

Much much better, effortless lather with a great scent and the MMOC with 2 passes and a couple of touch ups resulted in a very smooth finish, excellent!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc
Thank you Marc. Regards Brian

One of the Schick's I have is a little like that, just couldn't get a decent shave, or was left with a face that stung like I'd been slapped senseless!
The Schick M2 that I picked up however is superb.
The Canadian E5 is also fairly good, but as you say, even using the Schick for dummies website, it can be difficult to identify the exact model.

For anyone interested there's a guy across on The Shave Den who's written these in depth Schick injector guides. I used the Schick E one to identify the model version of my Canadian E.

Tallow & Steel ‘Boreal’
AP Shave Co 24mm Synbad
Mongoose B2 Hempel barberpole handle
Kai Titan Mild #11
Myrsol Agua Balsamica

Rarely use this shave soap due to it being a bit overpowering on birch pine scent but the performance of the soap is good, finished off with a splash of the Balsamica. Switching to the Timeless DE next due to the Kai blade being past it’s best.

Tuesday:

Two for Tuesday, only needed 2 passes, so got it in quite well.

Still the Tech with a Nacet in it.
Went for Droid and Floid combo as it's not seen the light for a few weeks, and I think I smell bloody lovely!

I know I've collected a few Tech razors in the past year, but this one has to be the best I have. I doubt I'll find much better when paired with a decent blade.

Have a grand day one and all.

Attachments

• IMG_20220524_092943__01.jpg
    IMG_20220524_092943__01.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
24 May

Signature Soaps Danum
Simpson Chubby 2
ATT SE1 Calypso
Schick Proline P30
Signature Soaps Danum splash

577617B3-77A6-4FE0-AC27-DA36304B6A00.jpeg
After yesterday’s poor shave, today could only be better, and it was. So much better. A consistently excellent lather from the Danum and a very close two pass shave with the aluminium SE1. All is good. I must give the R41 another go, I remember getting shaves like this from that razor too.

Back
Top Bottom