SOTD : Saturday 21th May - Friday 27th May 2022.

39696236-5206-46DF-8344-E3D9792269BB.jpeg
SOTD: 27/05/2022

Razor: Above The Tie G1
Blade: Gem Blade, 8th use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: A&E Vida Puck
Aftershave: A&E Vida Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Ben Cruachan Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Today’s shave was great, day 2 of Bart’s preshave sample test and this was the amazing lime scent they do. This was a lot thinner, but just as effective. A lovely shave from start to finish.
Enjoy the day guys.

Yeah the lime sample is a bit thin but it smells amazing!! If he releases that (maybe a bit thicker like the others) I might buy it just for the smell!

This no doubt means I'm going to have to start buying lime creams and splashes, in spite of having steered away from citrussy things in favour of the dark and spicy. Oh man! No wonder they call us limeys hahaha! Who makes nice lime shave stuff again? Trumper? TOBS? Simpson?

Yeah the lime sample is a bit thin but it smells amazing!! If he releases that (maybe a bit thicker like the others) I might buy it just for the smell!

This no doubt means I'm going to have to start buying lime creams and splashes, in spite of having steered away from citrussy things in favour of the dark and spicy. Oh man! No wonder they call us limeys hahaha! Who makes nice lime shave stuff again? Trumper? TOBS? Simpson?
Castle Forbes by far the best but don’t forget
TOBS Eton College collection is a wonderful citrus scent.
On the pre shaves i actually prefer them that thin,
I don’t think iv had a pre shave as thin but for me works a treat

Edit, haha what?! You know what you can do wi... Stop!!!

Cheers Mike. Yeah it's lime specifically that I wish to get in soap or cream. Mind you I still have some Extro Arancia which I have not had out for a while.
Normally I prefer hard soaps but I have it in my head that lime would be best as a cream. No idea why, does anyone else think that?! I liked the peppermint sample too but the lime smell is heavenly.

Edit, haha what?! You know what you can do wi... Stop!!!

Cheers Mike. Yeah it's lime specifically that I wish to get in soap or cream. Mind you I still have some Extro Arancia which I have not had out for a while.
Normally I prefer hard soaps but I have it in my head that lime would be best as a cream. No idea why, does anyone else think that?! I liked the peppermint sample too but the lime smell is heavenly.
Pm me your address i’ll give you a sample of Castle Forbes & Eton College.
Need to be quick though if you fancy it i’m heading back to Norway on Monday

Edit
we spoke about Eton before i’m sure you live quite close

dUb6nGR.jpg

Prep: Country Life Australian Tallow-Lanolin-Glycerin soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Three-band Silvertip Briar
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna P74 (19)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Vitos Tobacco Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Santa Maria Novella Acqua Di Cuba Cologne

Great shave.

Back