SOTD : Saturday 21th May - Friday 27th May 2022.

SOTD 26-May
20220523_123442.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: Arko Cream
Razor: Blackland Era (5)
Blade: Feather HS

Cracking simple shave this morning, no frills arko cream, fantastic value. Decided to throw a feather in the Era, oddly felt very smooth. There aren't many razors I can throw a feather in and get on with. Finished off nicely with the Kilbreck, looking forward to seeing some of the other tester fragrances come out in Barts lineup.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Thu 26 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Musketeer Rapier
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Karve Brass SB-F
Blade Persona X Series 18th Use
Aftershave Yaqi Musketeer Rapier Splash
A very good quality soap with a terrific scent and a rich creamy slick lather...
The shave with the razor paired with this well-used blade was amazing! The blade is still smooth and performing without any signs of being dull. 3passes without any issues for a bbs/dfs result. The matching aftershave was super...
20220526_152655.jpg

Thursday’s Shave

9xzhvAx.png

Blackland Blackbird / Personna
Custom Beehive 24mm Tuxedo Synth
Ethos Lavender Shave Soap & Aftershave

26 May

TOBS Sandalwood
PAA Peregrino
Karve Christopher Bradley
Feather Hi-Stainless
Bart’s Balm Ben Nevis

BF7EA3AD-3CF4-463D-A7D2-13FE8BAD9B66.jpeg
A wonderful lather from the Taylor’s and PAA brush and a reasonably efficient shave from the Karve, but, not quite as excellent as yesterday’s shave with the Blackbird.

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: None
Razor: Parker Injector adjustable (3)
Blade: Schick Injector (8)
Brush: AP Shaves - Lemon Drop
S Soap: TFS - Mandorlatte

Not an up to date SOTD but one from last week. My farewell shave with the Parker Injector.
I think I will give injector razors a miss from now on. Tried a Schick L, Supply with all plates and now this. Don't get me wrong you can achieve very good results but the overall feel it's not as good as a DE or AC blade so I'll get out of this rabbit hole :)

SOTD.jpg

26/05/22
Mug Soap and Mitchells May
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Wee Scot
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - PILS 101 NE Std Matt
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Hugo Boss Bottled night
Wk 21 (6).JPG
It takes a little more work to get a lather from the Wee Scot, but a lather you do get and it can rival any produced by any of my brushes, it always amazes me. I would love one in Butterscotch and also Red.
These PILS razors just work for me, very comfortable and efficient razors when fitted with a nice sharp blade, todays shave with the 101NE Std was fantastic. So comfortable to use.
I changed the splash out at the last moment just to keep the shave on track, a really nice rub of HB Bottled night.
Lovely.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Thur 26th May

RR 400. SE Plissoft noir
Tabac
PAL Adjustable
Schick S/S single - Japan [ 3 ]
Tabac A/S Lotion

A really good Shave today, aided by a super Tabac lather The PAL delivered a mishap free close all round finish Reminds me of the times that this was one of my favourite Razors, before AC/SEs crept into my den.

IMG_71.jpg

Interesting, I find the opposite although both lather stupidly easily for me. What is the water like in Yorkshire/Liverpool? - I.

Quite polar opposites one side to the other. Soft this side and hard in Yorkshire.

The problem is I have with my sample is it picks up quite thick in parts with the Capra and I have to just work it out a little more.

Once there as good as any other of Brian's soaps which are all top drawer stuff. I may be minty but not a minty man.

07:00 this morning - just realised my post hadn't posted and was still sitting here!

When away, the FI issue Tech is my go to especially seeing that 26 May was the day 2 Para were ordered to take Goose Green and started their advance to said battle. (28 & 29 May).

Perma sharp on its third outing,. This Tech is a little lighter than most others, so needs a little more pressure. DFS none the less.

The TOBS sandalwood stick feels quite grainy, almost like sandpaper when applying to my mush - not sure it should feel like this m maybe I need to take a layer off to get rid of crystallised ingredients. Once it was lathered though, produced a thoroughly nice shave.

GFT skin food left me feeling moisturised

Attachments

• IMG_20220526_074746__01.jpg
    IMG_20220526_074746__01.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom