SOTD . SATURDAY 21st JULY - FRIDAY 27th JULY 2018.

A great shave set up..Those Gillette Super Stainless are excellent blades..glad to read your getting comfortable shave results...Enjoy your new passed on with generosity shaving softwear from @Blackmass his pointing you in the right direction, and give credit to yourself with the pre/post shave preparation, superb.Regards. B.

Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: LeeDa Keyhole with Maggards 24mm Finest
Cream: Castle Forbes Lime EO
Razor: ATT Calypso (on loan)
Blade: Feather Pro Super

Wow! The Pro Super blade works really well for me in the Calypso, very efficient and smooth. I prefer the heft of the General but the shave is pretty similar.
An excellent midweek fillip.
Happy Shaving one and all.

Wed 25th July
Omega 11126
P & B Spitfire
Mongoose B3
Schick Proline ( 10 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

Again used a Mongoose but this time one with a Proline,rather than a Feather which I used yesterday . Despite the blade usage the Shave was very smooth with a great finish.I suspect that I am wary of the sharper Feather blade and did not carry out enough polishing up work to get a finish like that of today. Must persevere though I reckon that probably the Proline is the blade for me, judging by the number of great Shaves they have delivered in different Razors in both AC/SE and Injectors.

Last edited:
Wednesday 25th July
Vig Shaving Purtech - Speick Stick - General Al - Schick Proline P - Speick A/S - Dove Instant Hydration Cream

No picture today.
However we are celebrating our 37th wedding annivsersary today.
Congratulations to you and your good wife...37th Anniversary Symbol– Alabaster. For your thirty-seventh wedding anniversary, celebrate with a gift of alabaster, which is the name given to two different minerals: gypsum and calcite. Gypsum is soft and calcite is tougher, representing the softness but durability of your marriage. Regards.B

Greetings

Wednesday 25th July 2018
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick E1 Injector
Blade: Unknown
Brush: Vulfix / Cashmere
Soap: Speick Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Miller Harris Poirier D'un Soir

I keep little scraps of card in the boxes or spec. cases where I store my injectors with the make of blade and numbers of shaves but this razors card is A.W.O.L. The blade felt 'newish' cut well and was comfortable so I don't suppose it matters much what the make is!

Regards
Dick.

Last edited:
Wed 25th July
Omega 11126
P & B Spitfire
Mongoose B3
Schick Proline ( 10 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

Again used a Mongoose but this time one with a Proline,rather than a Feather which I used yesterday . Despite the blade usage the Shave was very smooth with a great finish.I suspect that I am wary of the sharper Feather blade and did not carry out enough polishing up work to get a finish like that of today. Must persevere though I reckon that probably the Proline is the blade for me, judging by the number of great Shaves they have delivered in different Razors.

Last edited:
Hi,
Hi, how does the Calypso shave and what version, is it M1? Is it a comfortable shave? thanks.