SOTD: Saturday 20th January - Friday 26th January 2018.

Kevin,
You are a Braver Man than me. Just follow the angle on the top cap , be light and do not rush.
Mike
I've tried that Mike, patchy on neck and jawline.
I've tried a lighter shorter handle to make it more head heavy which didn't really improve it.
The Feather Pro made a bit of difference but I still prefer the General. Ymmv and all that.

Friday's shave of the day

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, warm water splash.
Razor - Colonial Razors - The General, SS.
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (Day 4).
Soap - Jack Black's Supreme Shave Cream.
Bowl - Via Barberia by Omega.
Brush - Omega (Boar) 011829.
Post shave - Cold Water Splash, OSP Neroli and Menthol Splash, followed by Ibiza-Aloe Aloe Vera Gel.

A very enjoyable, albeit slightly rushed 2 pass this morning - first run out with the Via Barberia shave bowl.

Got a great lather this morning, not sure if this was from trying a different shave bowl, or that the Omega (Boar) brush may be exiting its break-up phase.

The OSP splash, as ever felt great on the skin post shave, excellent stuff (YMMV).

Have a great day all,

Chris

Paul, the Hone looks stunning - my order of KAI Stainless arrived Thursday. I'm hoping to give the Hone and the KAI a run-out this weekend.

All the best,

Chris

Paul, the Hone looks stunning - my order of KAI Stainless arrived Thursday. I'm hoping to give the Hone and the KAI a run-out this weekend.

All the best,

Chris
Thank you, I think you will find the KAI Stainless blades a perfect match for your Hone, I look forward to hearing how you get on with the pairing. P.

Fri 26th Jan

Omega 11126 boar
P & B Spitfire
Mongoose B3
Schick Proline ( 6 )
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Keeping to modern SE Razors, I chose a Mongoose today. Had to make up for a bad Shave yesterday caused by my inattention.

All went very well and I was especially pleased how well the Razor worked on the upper lip and around the chin, so smooth with no tendency to pull. Was rewarded for taking care today, with a ultra close all round finish. No need to reach for the Alum.

Last edited:

Vie Long 13061b
Vintage Merkur
Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium (3)
Tallow & Steel Boreal
Alum Block, Nivea Balm & Cerutti 1881 Men

Very impressed with this razor and blade. A good shaving razor, looks like an adjustable Merkur Progress but the head is quite differently shaped, looks to be circa 1950's. I wouldn't call it a non-adjustable Progress though, I have emailed Merkur so hopefully can be pinpointed a model. This blade has been very good to me, so impressed I have ordered 100. The shave itself was much more comfortable than a Progress, I love the two toned nature of the razor. When I saw it I had to have it.

A superb lather with the horse and Boreal, love the fragrance of it. Neither has let me down yet.

That razor looks fab, a good buy P.