SOTD : Saturday 20th February to Friday 26th February 2021

FRIDAY ‌02/26/21 SOTD

BHYQcnd.jpg

Gillette ‘53 Y2 President / Nacet
Yaqi‌ ‌Barber Pole ‌Handle‌ ‌24mm‌ ‌2-Band‌
Proraso Sandalwood Shaving Soap

Epsilon Blue Mediterranean After shave

Morning B. I've used Gray Flannel before and liked it, how does Bowling Green stack up against it! Thanks.

Paul
Hi Paul. I have both.....and of the 2 I prefer the Bowling Green. I don't have a nose when it comes to describing scents......so I will refer you to those who do!

Just discovered from the above article that it has been discontinued. Back to Amazon for a backup methinks!

Hi Paul. I have both.....and of the 2 I prefer the Bowling Green. I don't have a nose when it comes to describing scents......so I will refer you to those who do!

Just discovered from the above article that it has been discontinued. Back to Amazon for a backup methinks!
Thanks Brian, off to Amazon! :)

Edit: one bottle ordered :) a good few left!
Paul.

Todays Shave Kit Friday 26th Feb 2021

Shave Score 9.85/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: Ach Brito Mogno
Brush: Clear Confidence Co Synthetic Shaving Brush - Vegan-Friendly
Razor: Merkur Progress 500 (2.5, 2.5, 2.0)
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (1)
Post Shave: Speick Men After Shave Lotion
Post Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive Balm

Nice lather off of the Ach Brito Mogno today, half a dozen swipes of the brick in the tin, and we were away.
Quite a thirsty soap, well in my hard water anyway:)
Didn't find much residual slickness after a pass was done.

All in all a nice BBS Shave, no corrections or touch ups today, which is rare for me :)

Have a great day/weekend everyone.

Joe

IMG_0619.jpeg

154055721_445789053504595_2740304309560674132_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Rasozero Barbacco
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Razor: 1959 Fatboy (form passaround)
Blade: Zorrik SP (1)

As nobody had enquired over the Fatboy (or so I thought:rolleyes:) I brought it out to put the Zorrik Super Platinum through its paces. Nice fuss free shave, but the Zorrik was..... just OK. Another one that needs a day to bed in. Time will tell. Have a great weekend gents. I'm off to ready El Gordo for its next journey:)

26 February

TOBS Sandalwood
Simfix Barrule
Mühle R106
Feather Hi-stainless
Bart’s Balm Ben Nevis
YSL Y

120D8EC9-6D1E-4F55-A8B4-89F6228C48C9.jpeg

Spiritual return to the beginning of my traditional wet shaving life. The brush was an EJ best, the razor a Merkur HD, the cream Avocado, and the face was a bit of a blood bath. Move forward a decade and the brush and the razor have moved on to my brother and the Taylor’s cream was a gift from him. No blood today, a luxurious lather and a very nice two pass shave. Decent, but not as close as some of the ridiculously expensive razors that I own now. Who said that traditional shaving is cheaper? Hmmm :)

26/2/21

Brush - GFS Wild Hog
Soap - Lea Menthol Cream
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Silver Star (1)
Post - Denim

Pictures of the brush after 5 or 6 shaves without going through a 'break in process' (ie soaking in the fridge), it's definitely improving with each shave for holding a lather.

21 02 26 03.jpg21 02 26 02.jpg

The Silver Star was one of the first blades I ever used and I didn't have good results with it so I PIF'd my remaining stocks, but after reading of some very favourable encounters with the blade I was very generously sent a few by Paul @pjgh so I gave one another test outing in my go to razor of choice.

I had a rare 2 days worth of growth, and the blade's feel was quite at times, when it was at times very smooth and sharp, but also a bit tuggy at times, but it was clear it is a very sharp blade - easily the sharpest from the Lord factory.
I was surprised there was a fair amount of growth left after the first pass, and even after 1.5 passes there were a few spots with a bit of stubble left behind around the chin, which I'm not sure was down to technique or not pairing the blade with a slightly more efficient razor for 2 days worth of growth.

What did surprise me about the blade however was how great my face felt at the end of the shave, even if in a few places the shave wasn't the closest my face really delightfully comfortable and irritation free.

I think I will look forward to testing these blades.

26/02/21
5 for Feb
Pre: Shower
Brush: Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap: Signature Soap Danum
Razor: Kasho Kai Folder
Blade: Kai Titan Pink (6)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Cedarwood & Patchouli Balm & Argan Oil
Aftershave: Signature Soap Danum
Wk 8 (7).JPG
The normal brilliant lather from the Signature soaps, bowl lathered with the Alpha Ti lather monster setting up todays shave.
I completed a 2 pass shave routine 1st pass WTG then a Mixed pass on the cheeks and ATG on the neck, a little touch up on the Devils whirlpools for a DFS++ finish.
A very nice post shave finishing with the Danum splash, very nice.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

L1030559.JPG

I've had another shave with the Twig, aided and abetted with the outdoors freshness of Phoenix and Beau's Trafalgar soap and splash. It's such a salty, marine, piney, airy scent!

I went with a Feather, I'd previously used a Voskhod, as I wanted to up the aggression slightly. I ended up with a BBS shave but it took three full passes and some pick ups. While it was smooth, I'm not sure the razor is as efficient as I would like - it just takes more passes to get to the end result. Perhaps I'm being a bit unfair. I'll keep at it, as this is only my third shave with it.

Razors: Leaf Twig
Blade: Feather (1)
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Trafalgar
Brush: Simpson’s Milk Churn BB
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Phoenix and Beau Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Fri 26th February

Muhle Silvertip A 21mm
Hampshire Wool Fat
RR Hawk V3- OC
Feather Proguard ( 5 )
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

Moved on from the A plate Hawk V3 to the OC version. It already had a Proguard blade fitted, as I find that it allows me to do the work needed to clear my heavy beard without any problems. May well try some other blades again but found the Feather Pro a bit harsh.

BCF9D005-F398-4783-B7B5-316CC1788ED0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom