Phoenix and Beau Denali
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
Valet Autostrop VC3
Feather Hi Stainless
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Fine Snake Bite after shave

That cleared the tubes.

The VC3 is never going to the the bully of the wash house in my collection (the Gillette Olds, the R41 and the Yaqi Kantana steal its lunch money, I reckon). It’s a mild mannered wee fellow, but it did the job this evening.

996E0BD2-F548-4381-A61E-831309E64170.jpeg

Prep: Myrsol Masaje Antesol
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
Brush: Rubberset 400-3 Nathan Clark Envy White
Soap: Tcheo Fung Sing Blu
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Gillette super thin blade
AS: Myrsol Blue

SOTD-20210223.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

24/02/21 - 4 FEather FEbruary

Razor: Oneblade Genesis V2
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (1)
Brush: AP Shave 24mm SynBad
Soap: Fine American Blend (21st Century)
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: Signature Soaps Vectis
ASB: Nivea

IMG_20210223_190431.jpg

Better performance from the soap this time. It still doesn't warrant its £20 price tag but I'll be keeping it for the scent which is awesome.

View attachment 65338

@Satanfriendly @Blademonkey - 'Aye 'mone then?' - I'll see your southern bears and raise you. Glaswegian badgers -
the shock troops of any toy cupboard rumble. Nice guys when sober - but highly volatile when not. :) - I.
This is not an interspecies conflict, this is teddy warfare.
The Cornish bears have always respected the Glaswegian Badger and have no truck with you.

With respect,

The Cornish Bear Coalition (CBC)

With the theme 'Retaliation, retribution and redemption' I give you tonight's SOTD

IMG_20210223_202542.jpg

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough

Redeem yourself - Stainless Mongoose
Repent you sinners - Schick Proline
Reassert the brush- Yaqi Dandelion
Respiritualise the soap- Martin De Candre Rose
Refresh your person - Goutal Monsieur

Kiss goodbye to those pseudo SE's with their fractional DE blades. Sayonarra you edgy DE razors and welcome back to the reason I gave in on DE's (in general) and followed the Zen of single edged whisker removing tools. Welcome back the Mongoose. One of the greatest razors to grace planet shave.

Given a background to work on with one very fine soap in the MdC rose (a quick push, but yes it is all that) and the Mongoose set about its task with its usual aplomb. Non of this gentle gentle shit, no fear of death by a thousand cuts and in no time at all job done. And job done to consummate perfection.

A touch of Simple moisturiser and a whiff of the Goutal all add to one Hell of a shave made in Heaven. I can live with contradictory terms.

This shave was brought to you powered by Remy Martell and blurred vision

And if @Boycie83 thinks his peace keeping force is going to stop the bezerker bear 'Mr Purple' then go eat my undies.

Have some more of those heavy metal synchronised dancing girls Scandal to wreck your evening just as you think, 'How much more girlie metal crap can he dream up?'

A lifetimes worth

Last edited:
Tue 23rd SOTD
Soap OSP BayRum
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor GC 0.84-P SB
Blade KAI 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman VIBR
This is real classy soap, easily producing a creamy, slick, and lovely scented lather.
The shave with razor paired with the mysterious blade was quite good actually. Rather smooth and comfortable even for the atg pass on the chin and lips area. However, found the shave is better & smoother with a shallow angle. 3passes for a mixed bbs to dfs result, however encountered 3 weepers...Excellent aftershave.
View attachment 65286
View attachment 65287
How do you always get your soap to look like a Mr Whippy on your brush? It's an art form!

Wed 24th SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Le Piment DE La Vie
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue Handle
Razor RR G37 Slant
Blade KAI 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Beautifully crafted soap! The scent is superb, the lather is creamy and slick. Really love this soap.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was much better than the GC 0.84-P. Amazing! Very smooth and comfortable during the 3passes without any issues at all for a glass-like result. A very close shave.
20210223_221902.jpg
20210224_071658.jpg

Back
Top Bottom