SOTD : Saturday 20th February to Friday 26th February 2021

SoTd
Lovely shave with the Henckels today getting better 2 pass shave but plenty touch ups completely BBS really enjoying this edge from @RussellR5555 first use of the Stirling pumpkin spice I sent somebody a sample from the fresh tub last week so thought I’d give it a run out myself. Usual great performance from Stirling the scent is very nice but more for occasional seasonal use. Very happy with today’s shave
BF9FDF48-9B78-4309-B29B-CC6740539D39.jpeg87738057-8CF2-4732-BEF5-002DF34C0161.jpeg

23/02/21
5 For Feb
Pre: Shower
Brush: Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap: Ariana & Evans L'Orange Verte
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro (6)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Orange and Neroli Argan Oil
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 8 (4).JPG
Wonderful shave today.
Struggling now with the 5 for Feb, i am missing my Straight razor shaves, there is light at the end of the tunnel though.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
The thematic shave named 'Bring it on @Blademonkey . The Battle of the two Teddy bear gangs'

View attachment 65269

Bear buttocks - Rocnel SE-P
Bear neccesities - <50% Dorco Prime
Bear fruit - Alpha Wickhams Artic Fox
Bear a grudge - Signature Soaps Londinium
Do bears shit in the woods? - Floris Santal

Edward and Paul vs Flower and Daphne

Another facial excursion using the potentially lethal Rocnel SE-P and the remnants of a Dorco Prime blade. Well at least the sharp bit. I am stupidly determined to break this object of non-desire and tame it's vicious outlook on shaving life. Torturous duties part 3.

Yet another great start with the Signature Londinium (by far my favourite from their range) and wonderful brushing stuff from the Alpha. This knot could best be described as a smoke/grey on amphetamines. The whiskey barrel is very much a top drawer brush for me, but this Alpha creation is much the same and some more. The 'some more' being it is a larger knot which very much suits my larger hands, larger head and larger.......don't ask anymore as it is pure fallacy.

Again another dainty touch approach with the Rocnel and again time taken to think and get some measure of this thing. Certainly the more I use, the less intimidating it becomes. Still going to take a little more mastering as there is no forgiving aspect to it. Give it an inch and it will happily take your face off. However two and half passes later and once again sublime results from this overly assertive razor. One stealth weeper, but this is rather an expectation than an exception. One happy granddad shave and just what my little world needed after a day with the two granddaughters.

A smattering of Cade aftershave balm and a hint of the lovely Floris Santal to add to the luxury of the experience. Big grin value.

As for your teddies @Blademonkey ,just don't even let them near my little evil twins. Armed with the Rocnel they are the Ronald and Reggie of the soft toy world. Meet Flower and Daphne. Just ask Jeremy

View attachment 65304

This was of course last night's shave as why change a habit of a lifetime in terms of punctuality. But somethings never change and you will never escape the the pretty Japanese ladies. On this ocassion 'Scandal'. Pop princesses meet metal meet synchronised dancing.

@Satanfriendly View attachment 65307
Back ups have been called in armed with a 8/8 Kropp, bring it on!!!!

Paul.

I'm ready to mobilise the peacekeeping force should things get out of hand with you two:

IMG_20210223_130231.jpg IMG_20210223_130221.jpg

NB: I wasn't allowed to set them up for a photo - under strict instruction from their commander.

Last edited:
I'm ready to mobilise the peacekeeping force should things get out of hand with you two:

View attachment 65327View attachment 65328

NB: I wasn't allowed to set them up for a photo - under strict instruction from their commander.
The Cornish contingent of bears are massing as we speak, they are armed and ready to respond to this unwarranted threat from upcountry.
Paul and Edward Bear were willing to let thing's slide but word got out and the Cornish Contingent are ready to rumble!

Paul.

Tuesday AM 2021-02-23
National Single Tasking Day
TQwwvzS.jpg

Rooney 2/1 Ivory Finest (22/56)
Houbigant Fougère Royale shaving soap (vintage) + Rose Geranium Oil/Hydrosol
Haircut & Shave P076-SB Copper
Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Houbigant Fougère Royale aftershave (vintage)

The Rose Geranium livened up the faded soap scent without overpowering it, refreshing the lather nicely.
dryQNmr.jpg

View attachment 65329 View attachment 65330

Ah, but we are not signatories to NABTO.....North Atlantic Bear Treaty Organisation or UNB, so we don't accept any peace keeping forces

We just believe in Teddicide

Tuesday 23rd February

ACtC-3fkAhAhT2xKlOHKrs08bYRZyWMq_-Eb6mTO1bT1bYLr_48LDM6r5ZjISjO1nynOHAlZebicqW1Gwp-5nc3PJickvN6ayUa0JwOiK5fk9u0Oup_haRzVLIQHkPbWsYCBj2MvF9w4trz8mfAfsuL3cRuEFg=s800

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Wickham 1912 English Rose Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Butterscotch (Boar)
Muhle Rocca R95
Zorrik Supreme (1)
Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia

You know, the more I use this Muhle Rocca the less I want to use anything else. I know I've been using it a lot recently and mixing in the RazoRock German Slant on a one in three rotation, but every time I use something else I really rather wish I had just loaded up the Rocca. I've really clicked with it.

I was perhaps a little premature in my summary of the new brand SuperMax Titanium. While it was indeed empirically dull after two shaves, both of them were close and soooo smooth, with the regrowth (particularly off the second shave) being very comfortable and really soft. Perfect for multi-pass shavers, particularly those with sensitive skin prone to rashes where the fierceness of many a Gillette blade would have them running back to cartridges. It's one I'll keep at the back of my mind for after a rough shave ...

So, on to this evening's shave which was with the Zorrik Supreme, a chrome coated blade from the current SuperMax Global line-up which I suspect is the same blade as the Zorrik Talvar (presumably an Indian market branding), the SuperMax Chromium (in burgindy packaging) and the Vidyut Super Chromium (in yellow packaging), again rarely seen outside of India and Sri Lanka.

ACtC-3cuLho_q_g_Vhcmny8I5KDzFxcy-AExMOOGy2f9MZgWBY9wAj6TuDOjRCAd0SsEtlb5bzd3uizR1VKo2ZfY3mw9bcCmTgj53GtQK-fRWGxpYK_LYDjr95jqBXaw63gmXc2ljtE9MNs8eRkSDqx0W11cnw=w300

... and I'm not quite sure what to say about it!

It was not as sharp as the Super Stainless blades from the SuperMax house that I've been using recently and absolutely nowhere near as smooth as the Titanium or the Super Platinums. But, it delivered an absolutely sound shave which I must have enjoyed since I pushed on for two passes to get that little extra out of the shave.

It is absolutely neutral, kinda like getting into a brand new BMW where you know the plush leather interior really ought to smell of leather, well, really ought to smell of something, anything ... but doesn't. The blade is entirely without character. It just shaves, well enough, and that's that! I have to say, I feel much the same about the Lord Super Chrome and Shark Super Chrome - again, just good shaves without any drama, in fact so devoid of drama you'd say it was ... well, boring?

Don't get me wrong, because if an entirely uneventful and absolutely forgettable shave is something you like then this could be the blade for you.

Back
Top Bottom