SOTD : Saturday 20th February to Friday 26th February 2021

Hi! Shave #11:
CVQ0Oye.jpg

Pre: homemade olive oil soap.
Lather: Daisho Autumn Storm.
Brush: CRV Cerveza Original.
Razor: Parker OC + BRW Bullmastiff deluxe.
Blade: Feather (#3).
Take care and have a nice day!

The thematic shave named 'Bring it on @Blademonkey . The Battle of the two Teddy bear gangs'

IMG_20210222_202303.jpg

Bear buttocks - Rocnel SE-P
Bear neccesities - <50% Dorco Prime
Bear fruit - Alpha Wickhams Artic Fox
Bear a grudge - Signature Soaps Londinium
Do bears shit in the woods? - Floris Santal

Edward and Paul vs Flower and Daphne

Another facial excursion using the potentially lethal Rocnel SE-P and the remnants of a Dorco Prime blade. Well at least the sharp bit. I am stupidly determined to break this object of non-desire and tame it's vicious outlook on shaving life. Torturous duties part 3.

Yet another great start with the Signature Londinium (by far my favourite from their range) and wonderful brushing stuff from the Alpha. This knot could best be described as a smoke/grey on amphetamines. The whiskey barrel is very much a top drawer brush for me, but this Alpha creation is much the same and some more. The 'some more' being it is a larger knot which very much suits my larger hands, larger head and larger.......don't ask anymore as it is pure fallacy.

Again another dainty touch approach with the Rocnel and again time taken to think and get some measure of this thing. Certainly the more I use, the less intimidating it becomes. Still going to take a little more mastering as there is no forgiving aspect to it. Give it an inch and it will happily take your face off. However two and half passes later and once again sublime results from this overly assertive razor. One stealth weeper, but this is rather an expectation than an exception. One happy granddad shave and just what my little world needed after a day with the two granddaughters.

A smattering of Cade aftershave balm and a hint of the lovely Floris Santal to add to the luxury of the experience. Big grin value.

As for your teddies @Blademonkey ,just don't even let them near my little evil twins. Armed with the Rocnel they are the Ronald and Reggie of the soft toy world. Meet Flower and Daphne. Just ask Jeremy

IMG_20210223_093112.jpg

This was of course last night's shave as why change a habit of a lifetime in terms of punctuality. But somethings never change and you will never escape the the pretty Japanese ladies. On this ocassion 'Scandal'. Pop princesses meet metal meet synchronised dancing.

The thematic shave named 'Bring it on @Blademonkey . The Battle of the two Teddy bear gangs'

View attachment 65269

Bear buttocks - Rocnel SE-P
Bear neccesities - <50% Dorco Prime
Bear fruit - Alpha Wickhams Artic Fox
Bear a grudge - Signature Soaps Londinium
Do bears shit in the woods? - Floris Santal

Edward and Paul vs Flower and Daphne

Another facial excursion using the potentially lethal Rocnel SE-P and the remnants of a Dorco Prime blade. Well at least the sharp bit. I am stupidly determined to break this object of non-desire and tame it's vicious outlook on shaving life. Torturous duties part 3.

Yet another great start with the Signature Londinium (by far my favourite from their range) and wonderful brushing stuff from the Alpha. This knot could best be described as a smoke/grey on amphetamines. The whiskey barrel is very much a top drawer brush for me, but this Alpha creation is much the same and some more. The 'some more' being it is a larger knot which very much suits my larger hands, larger head and larger.......don't ask anymore as it is pure fallacy.

Again another dainty touch approach with the Rocnel and again time taken to think and get some measure of this thing. Certainly the more I use, the less intimidating it becomes. Still going to take a little more mastering as there is no forgiving aspect to it. Give it an inch and it will happily take your face off. However two and half passes later and once again sublime results from this overly assertive razor. One stealth weeper, but this is rather an expectation than an exception. One happy granddad shave and just what my little world needed after a day with the two granddaughters.

A smattering of Cade aftershave balm and a hint of the lovely Floris Santal to add to the luxury of the experience. Big grin value.

As for your teddies @Blademonkey ,just don't even let them near my little evil twins. Armed with the Rocnel they are the Ronald and Reggie of the soft toy world. Meet Flower and Daphne. Just ask Jeremy

View attachment 65304

This was of course last night's shave as why change a habit of a lifetime in terms of punctuality. But somethings never change and you will never escape the the pretty Japanese ladies. On this ocassion 'Scandal'. Pop princesses meet metal meet synchronised dancing.

Flower & Daphine look like a couple of bears that would shit in the woods, Paul & Edward are shitting themselves, please don't tell them where they live!

Paul.

Flower & Daphine look like a couple of bears that would shit in the woods, Paul & Edward are shitting themselves, please don't tell them where they live!

Paul.

Spring must be on the way..... ;)
Bear.jpg

23 February

PAA Dapper Doc’s
Semogue SOC
Blackland Vector
Feather Professional
Bart’s Balm Grapefruit and Pepper

9CB39631-B0EA-419C-BA09-42DB8B3926AE.jpeg

The Blackland Vector arrived in the post this morning, early enough to be used in this morning’s shave, and I couldn’t resist. Two effortless passes and a very, very smooth result. As with all my best razors, one pass will nearly do the job, this one goes to near the top of the tree after one shave. Great stuff.

153149320_310693684058424_8588719572165433518_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, followed by Palmolive Olive Soap
Pre: Proraso PreShave
Soap: Mastro Miche Artiglio
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Gillette Super Slim Twist 1974
Blade: Perma Sharp Super (1)

First trip out for the Slim Twist for a month. Maybe I'm paring it with poorly suited blades but the last couple of runs have felt..... meh! I've seen reviews suggesting the Perma Sharp blade goes "Feather" sharp for its second trip out, so we'll see. I get on really with with Gillette Green so I can't even lump all Stainless "Gillettes" in the same pile.
Aside from a dinky weeper on the neck - probably down to user error - it was a serviceable work-day shave, and the Artiglio pairs well with the Akcay for a gloriously warm, sweet initial scent. Here's hoping the Slim Twist steps up tomorrow before it goes back in the box for another few weeks......

23 February

PAA Dapper Doc’s
Semogue SOC
Blackland Vector
Feather Professional
Bart’s Balm Grapefruit and Pepper

View attachment 65308

The Blackland Vector arrived in the post this morning, early enough to be used in this morning’s shave, and I couldn’t resist. Two effortless passes and a very, very smooth result. As with all my best razors, one pass will nearly do the job, this one goes to near the top of the tree after one shave. Great stuff.
A great razor. Light, mobile, superb build quality and aesthetically pleasing, you won't be disappointed

Back
Top Bottom