SOTD : Saturday 2 July - Friday 8 July 2022.

20 hyper six year olds- it was remarkably stress free! Best party ever according to the boy, so well worth it. Fire pit and a keg of Warsteiner tonight for a metaphorical pat on the back Cheers !
Never mind the kids, you had me at a keg of Warsteiner. I used to live on wobbly in the army in Germany, that and Paderborner. Happy days when every local town had its own brewery and you could buy a crate of the local brew for 20 deutchmarks and get 15 Deutschmarks back from them when you returned the crate and empty bottles. I seem to remember at the time in the early 1990’s it was 3 Deutschmarks to the pound. You can do the maths. British Army of the Rhine, the 3rd Russian Shock Army never stood a chance.

Never mind the kids, you had me at a keg of Warsteiner. I used to live on wobbly in the army in Germany, that and Paderborner. Happy days when every local town had its own brewery and you could buy a crate of the local brew for 20 deutchmarks and get 15 Deutschmarks back from them when you returned the crate and empty bottles. I seem to remember at the time in the early 1990’s it was 3 Deutschmarks to the pound. You can do the maths. British Army of the Rhine, the 3rd Russian Shock Army never stood a chance.
I did the same working in Berlin, and also visiting friends in the South. Local Altbier in Rottweil for Festival time will always be a fave memory!

Saturday 2nd July

AM-JKLU6KSKklB3n1LDXObAW-3tyiMG54AVxGZUYS3vOgK08mz3VEsX7Ra4wxy5xIquGHNrK2Ghb3xcPTZOaKNoGdFV-nRWPhCJVS4gM--kVZUO2I27EKS32Gi0rON41a7_YYN2f5sFFkIRQmU8QTaurTxY08Q=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wilkinson Sword Shaving Stick (Grated)
Ever-Ready 600N w/Tuxedo Synthetic 26mm
Wilkinson Sword Sticky & Wilkinson Sword Stainless
Pinaud Clubman Musk Aftershave Cologne

Continuing my run with the grated Wilkinson Sword Shaving Stick lathered up with my Tuxedo re-knotted Ever-Ready 600N ...

Superb! Absolutely superb shave, that. Simple stainless Wilkinson Sword blade, current manufacture from Germany. Three blades that I find absolutely superb in the Sticky are, I think, all from the same factory: the regular Wilkinson Sword, giving a really fly, no-frills shave; for a smoother straight-up stainless run, the Personna Comfort Coated; top of the class and for practical shaving perfection, the Personna Platinum Chrome.

As you guys know, I do enjoy a pedestrian blade and the Wilkinson Sword is certainly one of the very good ones.

20220702_203226.jpg
SOTD
Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Goodfellas Smile Styletto
Blade: BIC Astor (1)
Brush: IC Shaving Brushes Kevy Polka Dot
Soap: HAGS Eulogy
A/S: HAGS Eulogy

Excellent shave using the new Goodfellas smile Styletto razor. Very smooth and efficient. Also a new artisan soap maker from Greece. Lovely base and the scent on this one is gorgeous, black coconut, Malibu and coconut sunscreen.

Saturday 2nd July

Soap • Tabac
Brush • Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor • Yaqi Katana
Blade • Gillette Wilkinson Sword
Post • Boots No7 Balm

Reminded me why I don't use the Katana razor. Way too Blade forward for my liking.
It's now back in It's 'safe place' and out of harm's way.

SOTD : 3rd July 2022.

july 1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave Sticks. (grated)
Blade: Personna PTFE SS. (D2)
Razor: Schick Type G Injector.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Original ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Everything in my shave set up worked together excellently this morning resulting in a wonderfully smooth 2 pass + pick ups comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling cool, smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay Safe, and enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen. :cool:

03/07/22
Pre - Pears Transparent Face Wash
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor - Karve Stainless - SB "C"
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
Wk27 (2).JPG
A really nice, easy shave this morning. Of all the Karve razors the Stainless is my favourite, in fact the Copper version may end up on BST as i do not really reach for it, which is a real shame - my ATT CR1 fills that spot in the den.
2 passes for a comfortable, BBS finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Sun 3 SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Barnegat Bay
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Silvertip
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel BayRum + Clubman VIBR Splash
Love this soap... an aromatic scent and a rich creamy slick lather...
Somehow...just 1 minor change and the past few SR shaves are just getting better. Today is the best so far. This razor's edge feels really sweet...buttery smooth in 3passes for a mixed bbs/dfs & ccs/sas finish. It's definitely my technique to be improved. The aftershaves were just terrific!
20220703_144320.jpg

SOTD 03-July
20220630_181518.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Amphora' V13
Soap: B&M Sandalwood
Razor: CG Level 3 (New)
Blade: Feather HS (1)

A tale of two half's, excellent finish horrid shave. Both passes felt rough as hell but being stubborn I just went for it, think this is the first time I've bothered trying a feather in the CG and at least for the level 3 but it will be the last time. I realise these things can smooth out after the first run but it's not worth the effort when GSBs or Nacets work well from the off.

Not to worry, smooth and irritated for the day ahead.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom