SOTD : Saturday 1st May to Friday 7th May 2021.

Wednesday, 5 May

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: T&H Limes
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Mekur 39C
Blade Derby Extra (5)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: none—work day

Day five of the “Derby Challenge.” The blade continues to roughen, nonetheless a smooth shave but with some resistance.

WEDNESDAY ‌05/05/21 SOTD
PRE: RR ‌Pre‌ ‌Barba‌ ‌Pre‌ ‌Shave‌ ‌Gel‌
RAZOR: iKon ShaveCraft Tech 104
BLADE: Astra Superior Platinum
BRUSH: Heritage Ever-Ready 26mm Maggard SHD Fan
SOAP:Barrister‌ ‌And‌ ‌Mann‌ Reserve‌ ‌Spice‌
FRAG.: Vintage Shulton Old Spice Cologne Original

WthcqhX.jpg

FF3FB736-321D-41AE-B166-7B968E3749A4.jpeg
Pre: lather massage, hot towel to the face, proraso green preshave
Brush: Stirling 24mm badger fan
Soap: deadseashave kraken
Razor: hawk v2 hulk green
Blade: feather professional AC #7

Another outing of the hawk - excellent razor, and as much as I’d love for it to be heavier, I can’t bring myself to put it up for partial trade against v3... love this colour haha! So far 7th shave out of this blade (or at least I believe that’s the number ) and no sign of blade dulling at all!

Lovely brush - excellent for face lathering. Thank you Chris @Boycie83 ! Plenty of slick lather for the shave.

BBS on face and DFS on neck - happy with that. Seems like I get the quickest and closest shave out of the hawk rather than any other razors - definitely good for the mornings when quick shave is required before work.

have a good day Gentlemen!

Wed 5th May.

RR 400. Se-Plissoft noir
Lea Classic soap
Yaqi Raster SE . V2
Kai CT Mild Pink [ 2 ]
Lea Classic A/S Lotion.

My second Shave with this Razor, and found it a delight to use. Smooth and comfortable in all areas, clears with ease the upper lip/nostrils and superb around the neck. Finish wise really up there with some of my best ever.

IMG_1441.jpg

Last edited:
05/05/21
Vintage Wednesday
Pre: Shower
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950
Soap: Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor: Schick B1 Repeating Razor 1927-32
Blade: Personna Injector (2)
Post shave: Cold water splash ,TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Aragn Oil and Balm
Aftershave: Pashana Original
Wk18 (5)a.jpg
I really enjoyed that, its always a privilege to use this wonderful piece of shaving engineering. So glad i took the time to clean it up, Internals gunked up with hard soap, it had also been put together incorrectly, so, a little investigation then trial and error to get the mechanism to work. BINGO!
The Vintage cream and brush whipped up clouds of slickness, too much for the required shave, i am not going to say it was a waste as i completed a rinse and face wash with what was left - very nice.
I find the B1 a very efficient fellow so went straight in with a XTG pass, a very gentle touch and good angle cleared away the main of the stubble then an ATG pass to finish - Done!
Achieving a close BBS and comfortable finish with a very nice post shave routine.
1 very happy shaver.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
Bit of an Asian Theme Going On
Razor = 1968 Shiseido MG5 ( Japanese )
Blade = Vintage Hieido Super Point ( 2 )
Brush = Yaqi 24mm Synthetic
Soap = Ariana & Evans Asian Plum with matching Splash
Balm = Good Old Nivea.
Brilliant shave today, these vintage razors are so good. i know most people on here prefer vintage Gillette but the workmanship in these old japanese razors are class.
This is the second shave in two days for me.
i’m not working and i’m full lockdown in Norway
and i’m getting extremely bored lol
Enjoy your day lads
stay safe
96E5D9D3-5AEC-48CB-9246-06335497F1DC.png

This is the second shave in two days for me.
i’m not working and i’m full lockdown in Norway
and i’m getting extremely bored

Or you could always be over here where we are starting to enjoy (in a limited way) the joys of a pint outside. And getting wet through to the point where the enjoyment is short lived

Back
Top Bottom