SOTD : Saturday 1st May to Friday 7th May 2021.

Thursday 6th May

ACtC-3dq0TUBgWyWYk44Nk25SEolkjT2Lr2E7yIbBpq10IJ-7q9jneqIsLDY9kDleVBo7wGpj7_J3iCH7rPG0FUfjdpGAsREVNLHkENdXyNOcxd06YhL4W4K0X51JCbeIaF7jRu48MbO3Uiu15gDdPm6hW7Zzg=w1200

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Meissner Tremonia 'Natural White' Bitter Almond & Texas Cedar
Semogue SOC Butterscotch (Boar)
Muhle Rocca R96
Treet Platinum (2)
Novaya Zarya Chypre Cologne

Very similar to yesterday's excellent shave, giving another very good shave let down only a little by a less than perfect lather. The soap is the alternate (now several year old) test formula from Meissner Tremonia, an olive oil based soap. The lather was thinner than I like.

Otherwise, still a very good shave.

Last edited:
SoTd
Had a fantastic shave this evening after a busy day, as always an excellent finish with my TI never fails to impress me. Been having daily shaves lately but missed yesterday..felt so good to get it shaved off. Feeling smooth and refreshed and glad to be able to sit down for the evening now..a nice end to the day !
1813F746-8B89-4EEF-9B04-630D71971B63.jpeg

70BB6570-2268-4278-9F10-DDBF268962FA.jpeg
Pre: hot shower
Brush: Stirling finest badger 24mm fan
Soap: Boellis Panama 1924
Razor: Hawk v2 hulk green
Blade: feather professional AC #8
Post: cold water rinse, l’occitane cedrat aftershave cream

Had quite busy last couple of days - loads of stuff going on at work, feeling a bit under the weather and overall just overwhelmed with everything. Finally found some time this evening (or more like the night) to have a shave. Only been two days but really did need that - more for ‘ritual’ reasons.

Wanted to keep it nice and simple - Boellis Panama with its nice Bakewell tart scent, providing loads of slickness. Stirling brush performing very nicely whilst face lathering. Continuing on with Hawk and AC feather pro blade. Definitely a good combo, giving me really easy DFS ++ 3 pass shave. No errors to report.

finished with cold water rinse and l’occitane cedrat cream. Face is feeling smooth and nicely moisturised.

Keep well gentlemen!

FRIDAY ‌05/07/21 SOTD
PRE: RR ‌Pre‌ ‌Barba‌ ‌Pre‌ ‌Shave‌ ‌Gel‌
RAZOR: Edwin Jagger 3One6 Stainless Knurled
BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
BRUSH: Yaqi 24x55mm High Mountain Silvertip
SOAP: Wholly Kaw Fougere Mania ‌Shave‌ ‌Soap‌

JB0ustF.jpg

AAT S1
Gillette 7 o' clock permasharp stainess
Cyril Salter hard soap (tallow)
Yaqui Sagrada
Alum
Laveneder eau de Cologne

I am so happy with the Gillette 7 o' clock permasharp stainess, for me they are the jack of all trades, very very comfortable even with a razor a bit difficult for me as the Seygus.
With the AAT S1 it's just a pleasure to start the last day of the week.
Also very impressed by the CS soap, gives a wonderful glide and protection.

By they way I am wondering where those blades are made, if they are still in production and why there are so many variations on those 7 o' clock, with slightly different names... are they really different or it's a branding thing?

Have a nice weekend folks!
MR

Last edited:
AAT S1
Gillette 7 o' clock permasharp stainess
Cyril Salter hard soap (tallow)
Yaqui Sagrada
Alum
Laveneder eau de Cologne

I am so happy with the Gillette 7 o' clock permasharp stainess, for me they are the jack of all trades, very very comfortable even with a razor a bit difficult for me as the Seygus.
With the AAT S1 it's just a pleasure to start the last day of the week.
Also very impressed by the CS soap, gives a wonderful glide and protection.

By they way I am wondering where those blades are made, if they are still in production and why there are so many variations on those 7 o' clock, with slightly different names... are they really different or it's a branding thing?

Have a nice weekend folks!
MR
7 o'clock Sharp Edge (Yellow) - Made in Russia (very sharp)
7 o'clock Super Stainless (Green) - Made in Russia (slightly less sharp than yellow)
7 o'clock Permasharp Stainless (Green) - Made in India (less sharp than black)
7 o'clock Super Platinum (Black) - Made in India (seethingly sharp)

182991509_199921621801830_6479330490370699821_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: Proraso Green pre-shave
Soap: Mastro Miche Artiglio
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: 1912 Deluxe
Blade: Personna Gem (1)
Post: Alum, Red One Thunderbolt Cologne, Baxter of California Balm

Not the best today. Shouldn't have used the Ever Ready as I was in too much of a rush to concentrate. A few weepers, and I bailed after one and a bit passes as it was obvious it was going to get no better. I'll probably focus on more than a days growth for its next outing.
The RedOne is new to me, but as I've enjoyed the Akcay and Duru I thought I'd try another Turkish cologne. This is searingly sweet, and while it pairs with the Artiglio, it's not really a "ready to face the day" scent - more a "sit in the garden on a warm Summer evening" vibe. It will probably passed to the wife as it's a very feminine scent. If not it'll be PIFd as I can't see it in regular rotation. The Baxter did a good job of soothing the burn, and is definitely a keeper.

Last edited:
Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Friday 7th May 2021

Shave Score 9.7/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso - refreshing white (menthol)
Soap: Ach Brito - Mogno (In a Tin)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 OC
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Black Super Platinum (2)
Post Shave ASL: Floid
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms - Ben Macdui-Rosemary & Sandalwood
Post Shave Cologne: John Varvartos - Artisan Pure

Havent used the Mogno for a couple of months and forgot how good it lathers, made enough lather for two people to shave, a great BBS shave was had.

Have a good Friday all, we've made it again :)

Joe

IMG_0955.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 69461
Pre: hot shower
Brush: Stirling finest badger 24mm fan
Soap: Boellis Panama 1924
Razor: Hawk v2 hulk green
Blade: feather professional AC #8
Post: cold water rinse, l’occitane cedrat aftershave cream

Had quite busy last couple of days - loads of stuff going on at work, feeling a bit under the weather and overall just overwhelmed with everything. Finally found some time this evening (or more like the night) to have a shave. Only been two days but really did need that - more for ‘ritual’ reasons.

Wanted to keep it nice and simple - Boellis Panama with its nice Bakewell tart scent, providing loads of slickness. Stirling brush performing very nicely whilst face lathering. Continuing on with Hawk and AC feather pro blade. Definitely a good combo, giving me really easy DFS ++ 3 pass shave. No errors to report.

finished with cold water rinse and l’occitane cedrat cream. Face is feeling smooth and nicely moisturised.

Keep well gentlemen!
Hope you start feeling better soon, and things ease off for you :)

Back
Top Bottom