SOTD : Saturday 1st May to Friday 7th May 2021.

It's from a Myatt Minor! It's thin but it's got a nice bit of heft to it :)
You didn't ditch the MM did you? o_O

620.jpg

Wednesday 5th May

Soap • LPL Cologne Fougere
Brush • Yaqi Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor • Timeless Bronze 0.38 SB
Blade • GSB (3)
Post • Superdrug Forest Fresh Aftershave

Having used my recently acquired Timeless Aluminium 0.45 a few times, I decided to use the considerably heavier bronze 0.38 for tonight's shave.
The extra weight makes it much more efficient, slicing through two days stubble with zero pressure - whereas with it's lightweight cousin, I found pressure was required to get the best from it.

I don't often use this LPL soap, but when i do it always does what it says on the tin.
I find that the proto-lather is very airy, but once whipped, it firms up in to a very stable protective lather that smells very nice.

Finished with Forest Fresh Aftershave ' a good alternative to Brut.
Cheap as chips, and works very well for me.

No photo, but have some KBW on me . . .

WARNING☆☆☆ DO NOT CLICK IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED☆☆☆

Last edited:
A shave to try and top last night's superb effort with the Cobra and themed 'Enoch and the trouser snake'

IMG_20210505_204053.jpg

Gummy worm - Occams Enoch
One eyed tuna trawler - Titan Mild
Bearded War hammer - Alpha Wickhams Artic
Waffle dolphin - MDC Fougere
Bald headed mouse - Penhaligon's Bayolea

I did mention last night that I thought the Cobra felt very much out of the same mould as the Enoch, so this was a golden opportunity to either eat my words or sit smugly.

I don't know a thing about the history of the two but I might well have thought they have some form of connection. They both sport similar blade locating lugs and both have a less than wonderful method of securing the blade. In the main both due to inadequately small lugs. In profile the heads are not that far apart in some respects and the exposure of sharp metal pretty much the same.

In use the Enoch again takes a little time to find the angle and even after all the use it has seen I always seem to get it wrong initially. Probably because I am a useless bugger.

Once there the face feel is very much the same with both razors. In all honesty though I feel the Cobra has that bit more of an assertive edge to it. Not that the Enoch isn't a bristle trimmers delight, the Cobra just seems to get that tad closer. Splitting hairs. Literally.

A wonderful shave at the end of it all and the Occams proving a more than worthy adversary even though not quite to the same ultimate finish. In defence though there was a bit of me holding back as I didn't want to push for yet another night of heavenly perfection and have my skin suffer as a consequence.

End results to smile about and end results with a comfortable feel. Indeed Mr Friendly enjoy and smile. So I did.

Very popular in the 1920's, the one eyed snake dance was often viewed with joy by bedroom telescope society members. In the 2020's you'd probably get five joyless years.

Have beautiful shaves everyone and may all in your lives be well.

There is only one way to end my SOTD and here it is. For this evening have some Galmet

A shave to try and top last night's superb effort with the Cobra and themed 'Enoch and the trouser snake'

View attachment 69391

Gummy worm - Occams Enoch
One eyed tuna trawler - Titan Mild
Bearded War hammer - Alpha Wickhams Artic
Waffle dolphin - MDC Fougere
Bald headed mouse - Penhaligon's Bayolea

I did mention last night that I thought the Cobra felt very much out of the same mould as the Enoch, so this was a golden opportunity to either eat my words or sit smugly.

I don't know a thing about the history of the two but I might well have thought they have some form of connection. They both sport similar blade locating lugs and both have a less than wonderful method of securing the blade. In the main both due to inadequately small lugs. In profile the heads are not that far apart in some respects and the exposure of sharp metal pretty much the same.

In use the Enoch again takes a little time to find the angle and even after all the use it has seen I always seem to get it wrong initially. Probably because I am a useless bugger.

Once there the face feel is very much the same with both razors. In all honesty though I feel the Cobra has that bit more of an assertive edge to it. Not that the Enoch isn't a bristle trimmers delight, the Cobra just seems to get that tad closer. Splitting hairs. Literally.

A wonderful shave at the end of it all and the Occams proving a more than worthy adversary even though not quite to the same ultimate finish. In defence though there was a bit of me holding back as I didn't want to push for yet another night of heavenly perfection and have my skin suffer as a consequence.

End results to smile about and end results with a comfortable feel. Indeed Mr Friendly enjoy and smile. So I did.

Very popular in the 1920's, the one eyed snake dance was often viewed with joy by bedroom telescope society members. In the 2020's you'd probably get five joyless years.

Have beautiful shaves everyone and may all in your lives be well.

There is only one way to end my SOTD and here it is. For this evening have some Galmet

But has the worm turned?

You didn't ditch the MM did you? o_O

620.jpg
I got it from the bay as the frankenrazor you saw n my photo, purely for the head if I'm honest! I'm glad I did though, because I've since bought a standard British flat bottom tech and the frankenjob somehow feels more right.....to me anyway ;-)

Would love to try a Myatt but they take proprietary blades right?! Are those ones yours, Toby?! :love:

I got it from the bay as the frankenrazor you saw n my photo, purely for the head if I'm honest! I'm glad I did though, because I've since bought a standard British flat bottom tech and the frankenjob somehow feels more right.....to me anyway ;-)

Would love to try a Myatt but they take proprietary blades right?! Are those ones yours, Toby?! :love:
Those are not mine sadly, google images supplied that, they were never sold in the US apparently, so I've never seen one "in person".

The only ones I find here are those little teeny ladies razors, which are interesting, but not what I want to shave with. :p

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #16
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

Thu 6th SE SOTD
Soap Stone Cottage Hesperide
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather ProGuard 16th Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Clubman Brandy Spice
A really nice hard puck of soap. Very easy to lather, nice musky scent, quite creamy and good slickness too...
Shave with razor paired with the well-used blade was still good, still very smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues resulting in a mostly bbs finish. Good aftershaves. A very enjoyable session.
20210505_204910.jpg20210506_073508.jpg

20210506_063209.jpg
SOTD 6th May
Soap - Soap Commander Honor
Brush - Yaqi Butterscotch 22mm Cashmere
Razor - Rockwell 6c R3
Blade - Asco Super Stainless #3
Post - Nivea balm

3 passes for a DFS.
Nice to revisit the soap - nice, traditional Barbershop scent and great value regarding performance.
The Asco blade is smooth and seems to be working for me.
Take care people and enjoy your shaves

Thursday, 6 May

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: Proraso Green
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Mekur 39C
Blade Derby Extra (6)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: none—work day

Day five of the “Derby Challenge.” The blade was quite rough this morning, I’ll try it again tomorrow to see if I can get a full week from it.

Back
Top Bottom