SOTD : Saturday 19th February-Friday 25th February 2022.

SOTD : 19th February 2022.

m.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Face Lather.
Bowl : Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave Sticks (Grated)
Blade: Personna PTFE SS (D1.)
Razor: Provision Supply Razor V2.

Cold water Face Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Brut Attraction Totale ASL./ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

A new shave set up to start the weekend.....Maiden shave with the Provision Supply V2 razor ...The verdict?.... After my recent introduction with the Schick G type injector razor i was swooned by how much of a wonderful close comfortable shave it gave then decided to purchase another one to my humble SE razor collection...Anyway I was all set to go with the Parker Adj Injector, then i came across the Provision Supply V2, ..However, i have also made a purchase for the Parker Injector which will be arriving next week and i look forward to trying it out in my future shaves.

As i have never shaven with a fully stainless steel razor before i wasn't sure what to expect...The Build & quality standard of the Supply is the best razor i have purchased to date...The weight is much heavier than the Schick G type injector which is something i like in a razor. However it's not quite as easy to manoeuvre as the Schick injector but i will adjust to the extra weight in future shaves. The handle doesn't feel slippery, despite being smooth it feels grippy and good to hold and make's the razor feel well balanced, and the added bonus i like about the supply razor is you can disassemble to clean it, and you don't need a injector key to change the blade like you do with most other injector razors.

I started off with the classic (**) base plate to familiarise myself with the razor ,which has a nice balance of efficiency & smoothness.....I will try out the other plates in future shaves, but for now the classic plate feels good... Like the Schick G type i found it easy to find the angle and after the first few strokes i felt comfortable shaving with the razor. The Personna PTFE blade paired together wonderfully making a smooth efficient duo.

After my combined xtg/atg + pick up pass my face felt silk smooth with no cuts or irritation.

An effortless close comfortable near BBS 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Saturday 19th February

Zenith 27mm Unbleached - Vitos Green - EJ DE89 Kelvin/Treet New Steel - Lustray Bay Rum - Aramis Havana EDT

Not quite BBS ...... but I was using a mild razor with a mild blade. I find that the New Steel gives 2-3 good shaves with no drama, and they are incredibly inexpensive!
3 passes for a very good result.

Saturday SOTD

FW2PexW.png

Blackland SS Blackbird / Gillette‌ 7 O'clock Yellow
Elite Razor Fire & Ice 24mm Manchurian White Fan
DG Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Shaving Soap & Aftershave

19 February

Signature Soaps Hibernia
PAA Amber Aerolite
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

2960C479-E325-48D5-B8B5-3B996EA40F41.jpeg
That was a lovely shave. The lather was wonderful from the Hibernia soap and the PAA brush created lots of it. The EJ razor head with its Razorock stainless UFO handle is nicely balanced and shaved very well. I’m happy with that.

SOTD 19-Feb
20220217_150652.jpg
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Boti Chubby 2-Band
Soap: MdC Fougère
Razor: CB Karve Brass (E)
Blade: GSB (1)

This has to be one of my favourite knots/handles, not only was it a present from the wife but I seem to have got the setting spot on for my tastes. For me this beats out my Simpson Chubby in terms of face feel and lather generation without breaking a sweat and considering even with the handle and faff of a forward shipper it's half the price so you really can't grumble.

As for the actual shave, brilliant 3 pass and a full on face feeler, excellent!

Hope everyone has a great Saturday, I now have the joy of taking my daughter to a 3 year olds party, wish me luck!

Cheers

Marc

Sat 19th February

Stirling Syn 26mm
Officina Artigiana
Claymore Evolution
Schick Proline ( 10 )
Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

A wonderful lather seemed to give this Razor/ Blade combo a fresh lease of life. The Shave really smooth and comfortable and a rather good close all round finish. Now tempted to push on with this blade, which puts back my trials with a Kai blade on board.

0C2C2C97-591A-4874-B1C6-92840103E3C9.jpeg

19/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo
Soap - OSP Sandalwood
Razor - 5/8 Thiers Issard "Evide Sonnant"
Blade - @Fergiebilly
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - OSP Sandalwood
P2190001.JPG
A very nice shave, 2 passes with a few touch up areas for a very smooth, comfortable finish.
We seemed to have got away with the brunt of the storm yesterday, our area has been very lucky compared to some.
Luckily, the weather was not too bad today and we managed to get the chimney swept, a Wire balloon fitted on the chimney stack making ready for the new fire to be fitted Monday.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Sat 19 SOTD
Soap Shannon's Soap Silk Pajamas
Brush Yaqi 24mm Robin Clear Handle
Razor Gillette British RFB
Blade Vintage SilverStar Duridium 1st Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + HA + TGS Abysso Splash
Nice soap scent! The lather is creamy and slick enough...
This shave with both Vintage razor and blade was interesting. The blade did not feel as smooth unless riding the cap but it is surprisingly efficient. 3passes for a bbs/dfs finish with some red tiny spots. Good aftershaves.
20220219_090653.jpg

Back
Top Bottom