SOTD : Saturday 18th June - Friday 24th June. 2022.

Wednesday 22nd June

Soap • Palmolive Stick
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post • Mentally Glacial (Floid MV/Alcolado Glacial mix)

Normal service resumed following my last, not so good shave.
The Silver Blue works well with all of my DE razors.
I went full 'Mentally Glacial' a'la @Digimonkey post shave following a hot and stuffy day at work.
Face freeze doesn't come close - but it's all part of the experience.

Quote for today . . . It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice
Otherwise known as . . .The world is full of arseholes, and you've only met a handful of them so far . . . .

Thursday

Random selection chose Proraso red, which was fine, except that my hand-fisted-ness has broken the cap by over tightening, so now it's duct taped on until I find a suitably sized replacement.

The shave itself wasn't too bad, I got plenty of water in there as first application was a little dry. Obviously face lathering most of the time means that when I get a bowl out, I'm out of practice.

I finished off with the EJ sandalwood balm. My face whilst very smooth, feels a little sore and the balm gave a slight sting.

I probably should have used the GFT skin food!

Anyhoo, have a good day all

Attachments

• IMG_20220623_094100__01.jpg
    IMG_20220623_094100__01.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20220623_093635__01.jpg
    IMG_20220623_093635__01.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 9

Tony'schin

Staff Member
Supporter
23/06/22
Pre - Pears Transparent Face Wash
Brush - DS Cosmetics synth
Soap - 1912 Scottish Heather
Razor - ES Claymore V1
Blade - Feather Pro Blade
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Hugo Boss Bottled night
Wk 25 (6).JPG
I find the Original Claymore very similar to the B3 Mongoose i had in both shave performance and in the hand, although they look very different, today the V1 delivered a fantastic, comfortable, BBS result from 2 passes.
A really nice post shave routine to finish off, one happy shaver today.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Thu 24 SOTD
Soap Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Personna X Series 26th Use
Aftershave Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic Splash
A good soap with an intoxicating lovely scent and a creamy slick lather...
Another good shave with the well-used blade paired with the razor. 3passes without any issues for a dfs result. The matching aftershave is really wonderful..intoxicating and cooling!
20220623_073429.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

Having seen Tobin’s favourite 11 razors on YouTube, I decided to use one of the razor’s I bought from him and which he included in his list, my Gillette Gold Tech from 1955, dated A1.

With a still sharp Shark, on its third use, the Tech provided a great shave. The T&H West Indian Limes Cream was very good and nowhere near as sweet shop scented (think lemon drops) as the cologne which I had tried from the sampler pack. Of my lime balms, I felt that the Castle Forbes matched the cream best of all. So all round, that was a highly enjoyable and comfortable shave!

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Razor: Gillette Gold Tech 1955 - A1
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (3)
Soap: T&H West Indian Limes Cream
Brush: Semogue Owners Club
Pre-shave: Water
Post-shave: Castle Forbes Lime Balm
Bowl: Face lather

Thursday

Random selection chose Proraso red, which was fine, except that my hand-fisted-ness has broken the cap by over tightening, so now it's duct taped on until I find a suitably sized replacement.

The shave itself wasn't too bad, I got plenty of water in there as first application was a little dry. Obviously face lathering most of the time means that when I get a bowl out, I'm out of practice.

I finished off with the EJ sandalwood balm. My face whilst very smooth, feels a little sore and the balm gave a slight sting.

I probably should have used the GFT skin food!

Anyhoo, have a good day all
Shove a cork in yer hole!

In the Proraso. :cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom