SOTD : Saturday 18th June - Friday 24th June. 2022.

Time for poignant reflection during this shave on the morning of our beloved Granny’s funeral. A lifetime of joyous memories with the best Granny three brothers could ever have wished for. God bless you Agnes Thomson, 1924 - 2022.

View attachment 89593

Gillette Aristocrat #16 | Lord Platinum | ShedEleven Castlelaw in Rowan & 2-Band | Wickham’s English Rose | Benjamin’s Bay Rum | Boot’s Freshwood Balm
I saw on Facebook you gave her a great send off! Take care,

Thursday’s Shave

lYeOdSc.png

Alpha Claymore Evolution / Schick Proline
Restored Ever-Ready 150P 22mm Maggard 2- band
Noble Otter Firefighter Limited Edition Shave Soap & Aftershave

The theme is 'Nearly on time'

20220622_205447.jpg

Precision timing - Stainless Mongoose
Right on time - Feather Super Professional
Let the good times roll - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Signs of the time - Signature Soaps Londinium
Time to go - L'Occitane Cade balm

And to all you Mongoose naysayers, you people with no taste....
An SOTD nearly delivered on time. Things are improving.

More importantly another one of those brilliant Mongoose moments. One of those which lays other SE's to waste. Is it good? Too damn right it is.

'I blow my nose at EVO's, Hawks and Vectors'

'And I pick my arse with a big pin at them'

A bit of a rush shave to be honest but get the right gear together and even rush can end in perfection. And it did

Have some more Band Maid to go with this SOTD and their 'Don't you tell me (Mongoose's are trash)'

SOTD : 23rd June 2022.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10077.
Bowl Lather.
Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Erasmic Shaving soap bowl.
Blade: Ming Shi MP-063. (D2)
Razor: Baili BD 191.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

A wonderful shave to finish my shaving week off in style.

The Baili BD 191... is on offer from many different shaving companies, at various prices 'Vikings Blade' & Razorock are just some that comes to mind.

The razor is made in china, like a vast majority of Shaving products these days.

The weight of the teardrop shaped handle makes it 'bottom heavy' of which for me i don't mind, because the hefty weight does all the work with no pressure needed when shaving...It's a mild razor which would be good for someone who is curious about trying out traditional wet shaving as the "Tech closed head design" gives extra protection and no risk of catching your ear lobes or under my nose from the blade ends when shaving. A great safety design feature, especially when doing a head shave.

My only gripe with the razor is the handle is slippery, but i rub my fingertips with alum, which gives it a more firmer grip.

The Baili BD 191 paired together superbly with the Ming Shi MP-063 blade wonderfully making a smooth non-aggressive yet efficient enough razor & blade duo.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 23-June
20220620_115639.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: MSC Night On The Town
Razor: Mergress
Blade: GSB (3)

Dialed the mergress most of the way up this time, felt a lot more efficient on the first pass. Though it's really good I'm not sure whether I would go out of my way to get my hands on one, but I can't quite put my finger on why. It differs in my experience with the slim, where I wanted to immediately start browsing the websites and whip out my wallet. I'll give it one more tour tomorrow and see how it plays!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

0204D3BB-58D3-4518-9C72-3301AC3A7C46.jpegSOTD: 23/06/2022

Razor: Gillette Fatboy G1
Blade: Feather Hi-stainless, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Bowl: Simpsons Travel Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Blue Prebeard Cream
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat Puck
Balm: Stirling Bay Rum With Witch Hazel Lotion

A nice relaxing shave today. Fatboy Friday has been brought forward a day as I have a new fathandle tech arriving today so Fatboy Friday and tech Thursday have been swapped this week.

A couple of weepers but it's my own fault for going against the grain, I never learn.

E566A415-37AC-4EBB-A902-4461F599B7EE.jpeg
SOTD: 23/06/2022

Razor: Green Cult Razor
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 2nd use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Signature Capra Insurium Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

And the blood flowed! The Green Cult was unforgiving of a spot and mowed the top off! My fault completely but didn’t spoil a 2nd extremely efficient shave. The Capra was beautifully refreshing on the current heat, I will need to get the splash soon! It is just great. A nice change of pace with my little boar, I am on the verge going Synthetic only but this little piggy will break the rule no doubt.
Have a great day guys!

23 June

A&E L’Orange Verte
PAA Peregrino
RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Treet Platinum
A&E L’Orange Verte Splash
Lucky Tiger face tonic

0ADD8733-3DEB-4EED-BDCD-476AE12990F3.jpeg
Yesterday I was left wondering if something in the A&E soap had caused irritation after the shave. Today a fine shave with the soap was seemingly irritation free, but the aftershave splash caused the same tingling as the previous day, which did not relent until I washed it off with a flannel. Strange, I never had irritation from an aftershave before, this one is strongly scented so it might be an ingredient in the scent profile. Despite its summery scent, it is probably best that I don’t use it again. The RazorRock GC68-P is a mild razor and was ideal for the soap test, it provided a very comfortable shave… eventually.

Wednesday 22nd June

Soap • Palmolive Stick
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post • Mentally Glacial (Floid MV/Alcolado Glacial mix)

Normal service resumed following my last, not so good shave.
The Silver Blue works well with all of my DE razors.
I went full 'Mentally Glacial' a'la @Digimonkey post shave following a hot and stuffy day at work.
Face freeze doesn't come close - but it's all part of the experience.

Quote for today . . . It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice
Otherwise known as . . .The world is full of arseholes, and you've only met a handful of them so far . . . .

Thursday

Random selection chose Proraso red, which was fine, except that my hand-fisted-ness has broken the cap by over tightening, so now it's duct taped on until I find a suitably sized replacement.

The shave itself wasn't too bad, I got plenty of water in there as first application was a little dry. Obviously face lathering most of the time means that when I get a bowl out, I'm out of practice.

I finished off with the EJ sandalwood balm. My face whilst very smooth, feels a little sore and the balm gave a slight sting.

I probably should have used the GFT skin food!

Anyhoo, have a good day all

Attachments

• IMG_20220623_094100__01.jpg
    IMG_20220623_094100__01.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20220623_093635__01.jpg
    IMG_20220623_093635__01.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 9
23/06/22
Pre - Pears Transparent Face Wash
Brush - DS Cosmetics synth
Soap - 1912 Scottish Heather
Razor - ES Claymore V1
Blade - Feather Pro Blade
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Hugo Boss Bottled night
Wk 25 (6).JPG
I find the Original Claymore very similar to the B3 Mongoose i had in both shave performance and in the hand, although they look very different, today the V1 delivered a fantastic, comfortable, BBS result from 2 passes.
A really nice post shave routine to finish off, one happy shaver today.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Thu 24 SOTD
Soap Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Personna X Series 26th Use
Aftershave Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic Splash
A good soap with an intoxicating lovely scent and a creamy slick lather...
Another good shave with the well-used blade paired with the razor. 3passes without any issues for a dfs result. The matching aftershave is really wonderful..intoxicating and cooling!
20220623_073429.jpg

Back
Top Bottom