SOTD: Saturday 18th December - Friday 24th December 2021.

Fri 24 SOTD
Soap B&M Cheshire
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Gillette London Bridge 1st
Blade Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + B&M Cheshire Balm
Love this wonderfully scented soap with the nice creamy & slick qualities. Seems like this older version is better...
A good shave with the razor paired with the excellent blade. 3 smooth and easy passes for a bbs finish. Lovely aftershaves...
20211224_115126.jpg

Fri 24 SOTD
Soap B&M Cheshire
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Gillette London Bridge 1st
Blade Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + B&M Cheshire Balm
Love this wonderfully scented soap with the nice creamy & slick qualities. Seems like this older version is better...
A good shave with the razor paired with the excellent blade. 3 smooth and easy passes for a bbs finish. Lovely aftershaves...
View attachment 81958
Your background has has me curious for a week - are you onboard a ship or a rig?

Today's shave came complete with the theme 'Captain Fawcett and the half blood Captain'

View attachment 81939

Captain Razor - General V2
Captain Blade - Feather Professional
Captain Brush - Yaqi Dandelion
Captain Soap - Captain Fawcett's
Captain Smelly - Goutal Eau De Monsieur
Smelly Captain - Me

So this was the day and the last day of full time employment as I move towards semi retirement in the new year. One week a month instead of two. Three whole weeks off at a time. I can live with that. After 45 years at sea I now reach the position of half a Captain, which some would argue is all I ever was.

Pro-granddad time and a life with my family.

And so a great shave to wrap it all up. After a week of living with the same Tatara DE (and a wonderful one at that) it was time to remind myself why I still rate SE's so highly and what a way to do it.

A brilliant and happy shave for half a man

And let's have someone different to end this SOTD and why not? It's Gacharic Spin

Congratulations on the (semi)retirement Chris. Less tugging can only be a good thing for you.

SOTD 24-Dec
20211222_134009.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Strata Taper'
Soap: Wholly Kaw Double Agent
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: GSB (3)
Post: Cold Water and Wholly Kaw Double Agent Toner & Balm

Excellent shave for a final 1/2 day at work before prep begins for tomorrow. Good outing with the double agent, based on the artwork I thought the scent might be overpowering, turns out its actually quite nicely balanced, almost subtle (and the Mrs likes it so a win). Could only get their Toner, bloody alcohol shipments, but still decent.

Roll on the end of the day! Hope everyone has a grand one!

Cheers

Marc

Friday 24th December
Yaqi Red Marble - OSP Spice Road - GEM Micromatic OC - GEM Stainless Coated #9 - Cien X-Bolt AS - Aloe Vera Gel
0Qu0alr.jpg

Hey, thanks for asking. I am onboard a rig... :LOL: luckily it's on warm-stacking so minimal crew and activities...in an individual cabin and shower room...so able to enjoy my shaves...:LOL:

Lucky man. I was oil and gas for 25 years but on a ship. A dreadful place to try shave in the the North Sea in Winter. And they sent me to Mexico for 9 years. Oh bliss for the face

24/12/21
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Commodore X1
Soap - P&B Trafalgar
Razor - Pearl Flexi Adjustable V6 #3,#2,#3
Blade - Personna Med Prep (3)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin
Wk 51 2021 (7).JPG
As smooth as could be, i find the Pearl performs as well as the Rex, if not smoother, on the higher settings.
A very easy 3 pass shave leaving me with a BBS face feeler.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
269721802_477526863796862_2191104343735438450_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Ach Brito Mogno
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Green (3)

Quick blast before getting two hyper kids and a greyhound out of the house! Very nice :giggle:

Last edited:
Sotd-24-12-21.png
This morning -

razor - Leaf Twig
blade - Treet - DuraSharp carbon (2)
brush - Frank Shaving 22mm two-band
soap - Arran Lochranza - they make it with otters. Good. Wee bastards.
post - cold water
a/s - none
balm - Arran Lochranza.

Less is more. Thankfully nante reaction to the booster yesterday. Shave well all - cheers - I.

Fri 24th December
MERRY CHRISTMAS & A GOOD 2022 for everyone.

RR Syn 22mm
Lea Classic soap
Hiram Commander 2dot
Schick Proline ( 1 )
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

As we have our Meal on Xmas Eve I was prepping the Bird and doing the Veg quite early. Had a break for Shave and Shower, and treated myself with a fresh blade so the Shave was rather good..
Quite nice to have Xmas meal today, we can then visit Grand Daughter on Xmas day for quick visit.We then can have a nice cold collation when we get home.

43926F65-C7B7-40E2-87B8-9E918DA71CA0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom