SOTD : Saturday 17th October to Friday 23th October 2020.

Date:- 17 October 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Maseto Beehive 'Horn' Tuxedo Synth. 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mike's Natural ~ Lime
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6S-R4 / Gillette Nacet #11
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (25 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Sat 17th October.

Cyril Salter /MS. ED2band.
P & B Spitfire
ER 1912-ex Bathroom set
Gem S/S [ 3 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S Lotion

I have had some nice Shaves recently with quite light Razors [ 1914 & TNNSER] so am continuing the run with an ER 1912. This late British version 1912 really works well with a modern blade, the Shave been very smooth and comfortable, and without any problems I got a very nice close all round finish.

Last edited:
17 October

D R Harris Arlington
Semogue SOC 2 band
ATT Calypso SE1
Feather Professional
Lucky Tiger face tonic
Dior Sauvage

A super close two pass shave this morning. The ATT razor can shave as close as the Feather Artist Club SS, on a good day, without the same level of personal risk. The Semogue brush is a terrific brush at a bargain price for badger. It holds plenty of lather for three plus passes. It is a little more prickly than a Simpson Manchurian, but there is a huge price difference. D R Harris Arlington is a classic and lathers extremely well. Classy classic shave.

We All Do that Tony at the Ear Lobe..Ya Wont Do it Again..Well..Hopefully..Its Awe Part of the SR Journey..

Billy

Last edited:
Saturday AM 2020-10-17
International Archeology Day

Rooney 1/1 Ivory Finest (22/45)
Art of Shaving Sandalwood shaving soap (tallow) + a few drops Rose Geranium EO/Rose Hydrosol
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH3
Schick Super Chromium (2)
Caldey Abbey for Men aftershave

The soap makes great lather, and the rose mix added sweetness and depth that masked the underlying clay odor that I don't really like. Excellent combination. For some reason the razor and blade were so smooth that I had to check a couple times to make sure there was even a blade present.

I have caught my Ear (and my Nose) before too Tony , it happens mate. Trouble with whiring a very sharp blade round your face don't beat yourself up.

I have caught my Ear (and my Nose) before too Tony , it happens mate. Trouble with whiring a very sharp blade round your face don't beat yourself up.
Looked as though I had this morning , I was expecting something soon as I have not had a major nick since starting this Straight journey.
Everyday is a school day as they say.