SOTD : Saturday 17th July to Friday 23rd July 2021.

SOTD : 22nd July 2021.

7.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather : Arko Shave Stick.
Blade: Dorco Titan. (D2)
Razor: Parker Variant.(Settings) 3-wtg,4-atg + Pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Arko Comfort AS/Cologne + ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

A Turkish themed shave to finish my shaving week off...The Dorco Titan/Parker Variant duo has paired together wonderfully throughout the week.

A Enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Arko Comfort ASB.

The Parker variant has been a pleasure to shave with this week if i only had the choice to shave with any of my DE razors then the Variant would be a strong contender....It has been an interesting week using the Parker variant i have realised that i can get a close comfortable shave with only 2 passes + pick ups...Maybe it's the assertiveness of the variant settings but i intent to carry on using this shaving method for a while to see if i can get the same results with other DE & SE razors.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Nope - it was a shavemac that I have used about 15 times so far, and didn’t have issues yet! I do tend to load it on heavier side tbh! And no cleaning was done on it either haha! Unless the hair got too soft and just didn’t pick up as much soap as normally would… heck knows! I’ve used yaqi 24mm and that provided loads of lather with 30 seconds of load … might try the shavemac at some point again!

indeed it is an awesome combo! I might be tempted to pick up a backup tub at some point!
Haha the scent is back up worthy..to be honest I did get a decent lather and only used it with the Chubby 2 but it wasn’t as easy to work with as some soaps that just explode..it was a dry thirsty soap that takes loads of water not a bad thing just takes more work than some to get a good lather I found painting plenty of water in helped get it going. If the tips have a thick paste after loading they should be picking up enough try using plenty water when loading..I tend to load the brush quite dry but with the zingari plenty of water throughout the whole process seemed to help. Hope you get a better result when you give it another try

SOTD 22-July
DSC01771.JPG
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: C&H Fanchurian
Soap: Black Ship 7 Doubloon
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2

Quick one this morning but none the less a good one. First run out with the new C&H, another cracker, the handle is a little taller than my first, no positive or negative just an observation.

The black ship soap again very good, perhaps didn't get as much cushion this time around but I've only just tried this particular brand.

Blackland pulled straight back into use for the quick shave, again cracking 2 pass finish, not BBS but still smooth.

Have a grand day all!

Cheers

Marc

219585975_543156157112687_4989181418352812743_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Vreto Lavanda
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (1)

First time using the Vreto, which I picked up along with a couple of other interesting soaps form a BST post on another forum last month Beautifully thick and slick, with an understated lavender scent rather than anything too sickly. No balm used to enable me to gauge post-shave feel, and I'm impressed with that aspect too. And the Merkur continues to give me superb results with the numerous Gillette varieties I've stocked up with recently. Two pass, no fuss DFS - I'm glad I started using it a few months into wet shaving rather than having it as my first as it's allowed me to appreciate how good a tool it is when paired with the right blade.

Last edited:
20210722_074636.jpg
SOTD 22nd July
Pre - PAA Cube
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Soap - Stirling Campania
Razor - Supply V2 2 dot Comfort plate
Blade - Personna Injector #3
Post - M&S Harvard ASL & B

This was the shave I was waiting for from an Injector razor! 3 super close and very smooth passes to result in a near BBS. The Yaqi Sagrada has been unwittingly neglected due to the recent arrival of the Omega S Brush and Yaqi Giotto - but a reminder of what a great brush it is. Excellent, slick and shiny lather whipped up with a soap whose scent is defo in my Top 5! Love it!
Not sure if its the blade smoothing out or my technique or combo of both - but this is my best shave with this razor so far!
Enjoy those shaves

Thursday 22nd July
Yaqi Moka Express - OSP Orange & Patchouli - Rocnel SE-P Open Comb - ½ Nacet Stainless #2 - Cien Aqua A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
1mxcV9M.jpg

Thursday

OSP Grapefruit and Menthol
PAA Atomic Rocket 26mm synth
Face lather
Ever Ready 1914
Gem SS PTFE
Fine Snake Bite after shave
Bart’s Ben Cruachan after shave lotion

Humid in Edinburgh today; hence the presence of menthol.

I like my ‘Little Lather Catcher’, however it is the one in the Ever Ready dynasty that, for me anyway, makes me work a wee bit harder to get a decent finish. I do get there with impunity; but my 1914 lacks the assertiveness of my 1912 and (in particular) 1924.

Just a comparison, you understand; not a grumble.

261AD32D-92C1-4761-A377-F035B89164FE.jpeg

View attachment 74030
SOTD 22nd July 2021

Razor - Blutt BR-1 - 0.86 plate

Blade - Souplex #1

Soap - Hampfat number 3

Brush - Omega Wild Hog boar

Post - Bart's ASB

A more assertive shave using the 0.86 plate, so less time in front of the mirror!
Everything worked in perfect harmony to give me a stellar shave.

Until the next time,

Paul.

How are you finding the HWF No.3 Paul?

22/7/21

Soap - Tabac Shaving Stick
Brush - Yaqi Rainbow
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Feather (7)
Post - Witch Hazel/Barts Balm H
AS - Akcay Tobacco

View attachment 74030
SOTD 22nd July 2021

Razor - Blutt BR-1 - 0.86 plate

Blade - Souplex #1

Soap - Hampfat number 3

Brush - Omega Wild Hog boar

Post - Bart's ASB

A more assertive shave using the 0.86 plate, so less time in front of the mirror!
Everything worked in perfect harmony to give me a stellar shave.

Until the next time,

Paul.
Hi Paul. How do you find the Blutt .67 vs Feather AS-D2?

Back
Top Bottom