SOTD : Saturday 17th July to Friday 23rd July 2021.

21/07

Razor: Yates 921-M
Blade: Super Shave X Platinum (3)
Brush: Strike Gold Shave POTUS 24mm Timberwolf
Soap: Extro Cosmesi Freddo
ASL: Alcolado Glacial
ASB: L'Oreal Hydra Energetic Balm

210721-SOTD.jpg

Sotd-21-07-21.jpg

This afternoon -

razor - ATT Calypso alu - M plate
blade - Kai (2)
brush - Kent BK 2 - grey badger (whatever that means? Other people's pure?)
soap - Williams - Menthol Ice Fresh cream
post - witch hazel
a/s - Lea Classic
balm - Vifrex
scent - Eau Sauvage edp.

Excellent. It's still hot. Too hot - hotter than T.E Lawrence's Thermos flask. All out menthol might seem the obvious escape route from global warming - that's three warm days in a row in Glasgow - but I find a nose to tail citrus affair equally effective as an antidote and was going to go for Apricus as my soap - finished off with Myrsol Limon. Then I remembered - after reading another thread on the site - that Wickham soap is now worth more per gram than decent cheech - not the 'disco' shite you take. :):cool: So - the tub is now in the rationed stack. The brush? - I think there are jellyfish with more backbone than the Kent - but that's not the point, a pleasant scritch and a big dose of nostalgia for me - the first 'proper' brush I bought - after some supermarket Wilkinson horror - when I decided shaving was important to me. It might remain floppier than a floppy thing but still works the magic with a cream smeared directly into the knot before face lathering. The next brush I bought after the Kent was a Chubby 2 best - quite a step up - ah - the slippery slope! Something - I should imagine I don't have to explain to many here? ha ha - enjoy shaving - we are better at it than most - yours - I.

F2F9C825-5CE0-41AF-A61A-8F0C43609D69.jpeg

Prep: Shower with Baxter’s of California face scrub.

Soap: Stirling Ozark Mountain

Brush: Shave Brush 24 Mm Oumobrush Silvertip In a Handmade Bog Oak Handle

Razor: Snmirn adjustable razor

Blade: Astra SP.

Another beautiful cold shave, this razor is a simple and effective joy! Seems a well made razor thats just as effective as some other more expensive razors I’ve tried!
The Bart’s balm sample and cold shave completely left my face at ease for the rest of the day.

Prep: Cold shower, ice cube 2.0
Brush: Yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Razor: MMOC
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE (2)
Lather: Vitos green
Post Shave: Figaro Bluice

Second outing with MMOC. Nice and comfortable shave with 3 weepers. My preference definitely lays with more aggressive razors - as much as I do like the way Gillette tech shaves, or the comfort of super speed or rocket HD - my preference goes to nibble monsters like MMOC or ikon el jefe. Blackbird or ikon b1 slant being other two nice aggressive ones.

For today’s shave I went back to the basics - used vitos green. Nearly forgot how much of amazing lather it can provide. Beautiful, shiny and slick. If someone’s on budget for shaving soap (or more like a croap) this definitely would be one to pick. 3 passes for DFS++ and still some lather leftover. All in all another excellent enjoyable shave! Busy life causes me post a bit less SOTD (or more like SOTN) recently… but hopefully soon will be back to normal .

Yes it is quite thirsty I found that too is it a bigger badger knot than you are used to ? I tend to load heavy with the Chubby 2 Manchurian could be that or it could just be that if the badger has been recently shampooed that it needs a few lathers again to get the best from it..I find that mine takes a few uses once it’s been cleaned let us know how you are getting on with the brush I would be interested to hear how it goes. That rose and Oud combination is divine..my favourite combo !
Nope - it was a shavemac that I have used about 15 times so far, and didn’t have issues yet! I do tend to load it on heavier side tbh! And no cleaning was done on it either haha! Unless the hair got too soft and just didn’t pick up as much soap as normally would… heck knows! I’ve used yaqi 24mm and that provided loads of lather with 30 seconds of load … might try the shavemac at some point again!

indeed it is an awesome combo! I might be tempted to pick up a backup tub at some point!

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Barbershop
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette Minora Stainless #14
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Sons-of-the-blood-Robyn-Young.jpg

Thu 22 SE SOTD
Cream MacaRoot & Aloe
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather ProGuard 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Hyaluronic + MacaRoot Aloe Gel
Ever reliable cream! Nice scent, so easy to create a rich creamy and slick lather...
Ever reliable razor and blade combination! Effortless, fast, silky smooth, and very comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs result without any issues...so good (best for after a rough shave previously)! Matching aftershave was great!
20210722_092823.jpg

Back
Top Bottom