SOTD : Saturday 17th July to Friday 23rd July 2021.

217888077_4078038678899586_7562928144276385786_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Ach Brito Mogno
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (4)

A timely reminder that cost 'aint everything. Today called for another cold water shave (2 days in a row - get me :sneaky:) and the Mogno lathered up well after being applied directly to my face. The rest of the setup supported brilliantly with the Sierran Breeze being a perfect choice. While I may be a fairweather cold water shaver, there's no doubting its efficacy on mornings like today.

SOTD 21-July
DSC01768.JPG
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Soap: Black Ship Dicey Pete
Razor: Koraat 6/8

Great shave this morning, Dicey Pete very refreshing, the scent a vast departure from my norm but very much liked it. Lathered very well helped along in no small part by the new (to me) Cadman (Thank you again @Boycie83). The largest knot I own now but not unwieldy in anyway shape or form.

The Koraat again does the job very well, still very pleased with this purchase (thank you as well @Olie29 ).

All tied off nicely with Barts Ben Nevis lotion, much better choice for this warm weather, certainly for me anyway!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Wednesday 21st July 2021

Shave Score 9.75 \ 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Black Cherry
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RR GameChanger .84
Blade: Amazon - Solimo (1)
Post Shave ASL: Lynx - Chocolate
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Another great shave, zero complaints here :)

Have a good day all :)

Joe

IMG_1293.jpeg

Wednesday

HampFat Wooliness No.1
Simpson Trafalgar T2 synth
Face lather
Ever Ready 1924
Gem SS PTFE
Floïd Mentally Vigorous

Another outing for the T2/HampFat combo (I’m assuming, in light of the Doctor’s subsequent iterations, that the Cedar and Patchouli soap is the first). Splendid lather.

Yesterday Mike @mpf9ret mentioned about ringing the changes in cutlery; and it prompted me to revisit my vintage SE arsenal, after yesterday’s Streamline shave (q.v.). Therefore, it was the turn of the 1924 - arguably Ever Ready’s most assertive fellow.

An outstanding shave ensued; and it’s good to begin a reacquaintance with the SE team; after DE slants and vintage Gillette’s.

82B4FCC8-7F91-44A8-AEC5-5F1B4BC942F4.jpeg

Wed 21 SR SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk BayRum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Henkels & Friodur 472
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Alum + Stirling Witchhazel BayRum + Hyaluronic + Clubman VIBR
Good qualities from the soap. Creamy and slick with quite a mild scent...
Shave with this razor after putting it through the 3 pasted strops was noticeably sharper but smoother? Perhaps...but 3passes for another sas result and a couple of weepers plus some red irritated neck... :D
20210721_093530.jpg

Wed 21st July

Omega 11126 boar
Williams Mug soap
TNNSER 3D
Gem S/S ( 5 )
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Going on a short journey glad we have A/C these days, which I did not use in Middle East for journeys between sites as one needed to adjust to your main working environment- outside
Anyway a really great Shave today, this modern SE is up there wit her the best of the oldies.

6D3A0125-60BC-49C7-934F-55F12F7B0774.jpeg

21/7/21

Soap - Proraso Green Cream
Brush - Yaqi Faux Horse/Rainbow Handle
Razor - Gillette Rocket.
Blade - Feather (6)
Post - Barts Balm Sample H
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum

Rocket.jpg

I received this razor today and gave it a spin in the shave today.

Produced a very smooth and comfortable shave with the Feather blade. During the shave I was trying to work how efficient it is in comparison to the Techs I use a lot, I think it might be around the same level of efficiency as my Ball End Tech.

Have a good day gents.

Wednesday AM 2021-07-21
First walk on the moon by man on this date, Neil Armstrong, 1969
s5BEekk.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3XXL Ivory Finest (32/52)
ABC shaving croap (sample from a friend)
LASSC BBS-1/UFO Titan Fine
Wilkinson Sword 'New' (18)
Floris No. 89 aftershave (vintage)

l1I5tMT.jpg

Back
Top Bottom