SOTD : Saturday 17th July to Friday 23rd July 2021.

SOTD : 17th July 2021.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Williams Mug Shaving soap.
Blade: Dorco Titan. (D1)
Razor: Parker Variant.(Settings) 3-wtg,3-xtg,4-wtg+Pick ups.
Cold Water Face & Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Cien Aqua ASL + Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...After the comfortable shaves I've had with the Dorco st300 blades, I've carried on using the Korean made Dorco titan another smooth non-aggressive blade that matched up with the efficient parker Variant wonderfully, resulting in a 3 pass silky smooth shave with no errors to report....Like the ST300 the Dorco titan may not be the sharpest blade but they are smooth and works well with my more assertive DE razors.

Recently i have been getting some great lathers from Williams. This love/hate classic soap yet again provided me an slick acceptable lather for the shave leaving a wonderful post shave feel...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Saturday Shave

Razor: Triceratops by rogerquin
Blade: GEM Personna PTFE (5)
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Fibre Blue Opal
Soap: CRSW Oliva Colonia Mediterrania
AS: B&M Oceana

sotd_148.jpg

Sat 17 SR SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor ZY430
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + Clubman Whiskey Woods
Very nice aromatic & delicious scent from this soap! The lather was creamy and slick too...
Shave with this razor was just ok. Although smooth it's not removing many whiskers, especially from the jawline to neck area. Due to time constraints...managed just did 2 passes without any issues for sas--result. Very nice aftershaves!
20210717_110937.jpg

IMG_20210717_084406_6.jpg
SOTD 17th July 2021

Pre - PAA Cube - Unscented
Razor - Blutt BR-1 - 0.67mm
Blade - Souplex #5
Soap - Mandarin E Spezie - Mondial
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar
Post - Bart's ASB

A beautiful lather and citrus blast from the Mondial shave soap, very Mediterranean which suited today's balmy weather.
The BR-1 razor paired with the Souplex blade worked a treat leaving me with super smooth and supple skin.
I'm still testing Bart's ASB and having a hard time in picking my top three because although I'm useless at picking out individual scents I do like them all! :)

Enjoy your weekend and don't forget your sun cream, high UV levels out under the sun!

Until the next time,

Paul.

Last edited:
Prep: Face wash with Baxter of California facial scrub
Pre: nothing
Razor: Gillette Tech (zamak) on 80mm ss iKon handle
Blade: Silver Blue (1)
Brush: Yaqi Moka
S Soap: Zingari man - the magician

Having used the other Tech (brass) for the previous week I can now report the zamak version is giving me a much smother shave. So much easier to maneuver and paired with the silver blue blade made it a really lovely experience.
One has to wonder why didn't I start with these vintage razors first. Probably would have saved some other more expensive purchases. Or not......
A lovely weekend to everyone.
20210717_095007.jpg

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 17th July 2021

Shave Score 9.50 \ 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Goodfellas - Sea Citrus
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: RR GameChanger .84
Blade: GIllette Super Blue (1)
Post Shave ASL: Goodfellas - Sea Citrus
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: TOBS - Eton College

Erecting a new fence today, and its gonna be a hot one 30C!

Have a great weekend all :)

Joe

61C8D151-9B47-460B-BF83-DC8166635A85.jpeg

D3211032-40E7-436F-9C7F-C7087A237AE7.jpeg

SOTD 17-July
DSC01761.JPG
Prep: Warm shower and PAA Cube
Brush: PAA Phantom
Soap: PAA Astra Planeta
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2

Absolutely wonderful shave this morning, abandoned the scuttle as I couldn't be bothered experimenting and went straight to the face.

I thought I might regret buying the phantom brush as I already had the peregrino which performs so well, luckily I don't regret it one iota. Nice face feel, holds lather well for at least 3 passes (I don't go beyond that but I think it could cope well enough).

Been a couple of weeks since the planeta saw the light of day, excellent performer. Someone, can't remember who, expressed an interest in it in a post which made me want to dust it off. If they see this, to my extraordinarily untrained nose it seems like it is close the Goodfellas Furiah and Fine Latigo... might be talking out of my arse though, my sense of smell is terrible.

Once again the blackland was cracking, I just like to use it, and with the added bonus that even if you want a quick shave it is still very forgiving.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday, looking outside I think it might be braai and beer tonight!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom