SOTD : Saturday 17th July to Friday 23rd July 2021.

D847903B-BFE0-4762-A477-E3F0CED9D6C1.jpeg

Prep: Shower with PAA Cube unscented.

Pre: PAA Cube unscented.

Soap: Stirling Island Man

Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite Synthetic Shaving Brush

Razor: Pearl Flexi

Blade: Persona Viking Sword

Post: Alum, Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and Baxter’s aftershave balm.

Always a smooth and efficient shave with the Flexi, I love this soap scent as well so it’s a lovely, refreshing start to the day!

Fri 23 SOTD
Soap/Cream Saponificio Bignoli BlackBerry & Moss
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Gillette Nacet SS 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Bergamot Lavender + HA + TGS Orange Empire
Awesome soap/cream! Pleasant scent, creamy and slick lather! Couldn't ask for more...
Excellent shave with the razor and blade combination. So smooth so comfortable and efficient in 3passes for a mostly bbs result. Razor is good, blade is even better! Aftershaves were great too...
20210723_084225.jpg

I always throw my blades after 3 uses regardless.
The things are so cheap what's the point in trying to ring every last bit out of them and have to suffer sub par shaves.
I think I have enough blades to shave every man the world and Mars :D
While it's true that a lot of blades are done after three uses there are some such as the Souplex blades that I favour that will give me six lovely shaves without feeling any drop off, there are some other German blades that will also give at least six shaves before they are done.
That being said they do cost a little more than some of the Russian federation or Indian blades.
I suppose what I'm saying is you can't judge every blade as being equal. :)

Paul.

Fri 23rd July

Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
Ever Ready 1924
Gem S/S ( 4 )
Pitralon Classic A/S lotion

Of all the Gem powered Razors I think that The 1924 is more aggressive than the MMOC.However, I find that not rushing and by making shorter considered strokes that it delivers a super close all round finish. When I have not used a Razor for a while I always use one of my dependable soaps such as MWF

197CB4A0-710C-4769-858A-519C28EC1D34.jpeg

Last edited:
Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Friday 23rd July 2021

Shave Score 9.90 \ 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \ Baxters Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: TFS RasoZero - Barbacco
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: FaTip Lo Storto
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (1)
Post Shave ASL: TFS Vecchia Torino
Post Shave Balm: Lea 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: Truefitt & Hill Clubman (not the Vechhia Torino in the picture)

Another great shave, feeling quite guilty about not paying for this FaTip Lo Storto as it offers amazing shaves, might call Angie at Shaving Station @SS2013 and offer to pay for it again, the pitting doesn't stop a great shave as she correctly mentioned.

A great pipe smoke scented FF/BBS shave was had this morning, zero complaints here :)

Have a good Friday all, made it once again :)

Joe

IMG_1304.jpeg

219126663_823311471708078_5788020892708237898_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: P&B Albion
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (2)

Cold shave week continues, and it's a welcome relief from the mugginess! The Albion soap has a lovely scent out front, but the background confirms what I've long suspected - I seem to have a low tolerance when it comes to any whiff of lanolin! I suppose it's good to know going forward - tallow's fine, but lanolin spoils the overall profile for me. Plenty of soaps that are lanolin-free for me to go after, so I'm sure I won't get bored!

Prep: Cold shower
Brush: Yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Razor: MMOC
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE (4)
Lather: Vitos green
Post Shave: Figaro - Bluice aftershave

Another great shave with MMOC. DFS result - somehow can't get it to give me a closer shave on the neck - whether riding the cap or putting it under very slight angle - it just doesn't work for me on there! only the 4th use of it so will see if it changes in the future.

Vitos green provided plenty of nice slick and cushiony lather. Sometimes it feels good to use more of a classic and basic product despite having some of the great artisan offerings. There's just something nice and charming about going back to basics.

Finished off with Figaro Bluice. I must say it's a great aftershave for summer - nice and cooling! Glad I got it a while ago during the connaughts "brexit" sale!

Another American Super Speed in the thread, this time from 53.

IMG_202107small.jpg

I so enjoyed my last shave with the Super Speed and the KAI, that I decided to have another one, only changing the software.

It’s been a while since I used the Wool Fat and even longer since I used the Nivea. It’s a mild smelling balm, so will work well with the gentle honey scent from the Mitchell’s. The lather never ceases to amaze.

I also decided that 6 KAI blades was not enough, given that I've found them to be perfect in this razor, so I ordered another 20. Well it is Friday!

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Razor: Gillette Super Speed 1953 -Y3
Blade: KAI (2)
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Brush: Simpson Milk Churn
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Nivea Balm
Bowl: Face Lather

Back
Top Bottom