SOTD : Saturday 17th February - Friday 23rd February 2018

Last night's very late shave…

Razor: Every Ready 1914
Blade: Personna SS (4)
Brush: Maseto 24mm Finest
Soap: Saponicio Varesino Dolomiti
Post: Thayers witch hazel and Pitralon classic aftershave

Another razor from a selection sent (very generously) by Kevin AKA @Boru62

The shave wasn't bad but I did need a few touch-ups on my neck but the end results were very smooth. I did like the look of it and the way the top cap snaps down and holds the blade firmly but I do prefer the shave from the 1912 over this one

The SV Dolomiti and Maseto brush were a match made in heaven, stunning products. Talking of stunning. I finished off with the Pitralon aftershave. If you're reading this and haven't tried it yet you own it to yourself to buy a bottle. Fantastic scent, face feel and cheap as chips.

Thanks to Kevin for send the razor, it's very much appreciated.

Have a good day people.

Cheers
Rob

Last edited:
Wed 21st Feb

Omega 11126 boar
P & B Spitfire
PAL Injector-Matic
Schick Proline ( 3 )t
Pitralon Original A/S lotion

Today went back to a Single blade ,using one of my favourites, the PAL Injecto-Matic.Many think this is a bit aggressive and harsh, but perhaps do not realise that the lightest of touches is required.

I have found out that the Schick Proline used in this Razor makes it less aggressive and the Shave of today was very comfortable and nice and close all round.

Omega 011829
Rockwell 6S
Feather (3)
The Gentlemans Groom Room Mountain Yew
BBA Post Shave Balm & Brut Original

Tried the Feather with setting 2 and gave a good clean and comfortable shave. I think 2/3 are the settings for me. A facelather for a change and the boar did well with the soap. Glycerine soaps get a bad rep but these ones are superb. Great scent and performance.

Today I finally finished my first ever brush restore, not perfect and have a few dings from my unsteady hands but it has made a worn and uncared for brush now usable, learned lots and know what to do differently but good fun and learning experience.