SOTD : Saturday 17th April to Friday 23rd April 2021.

SoTd
Today’s shave was a particularly late one had a really difficult day..had my dog of nearly 16 years put to sleep, she has been with us through an awful lot including surviving a house fire on Christmas Day very sad day but finished with a beautiful shave so this one was is dedicated to her..one of the nicest creatures to grace this earth she really was a gem
View attachment 68680
My Deepest Condolences..."The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”Yours-B

Last edited:
SoTd
Today’s shave was a particularly late one had a really difficult day..had my dog of nearly 16 years put to sleep, she has been with us through an awful lot including surviving a house fire on Christmas Day very sad day but finished with a beautiful shave so this one was is dedicated to her..one of the nicest creatures to grace this earth she really was a gem
View attachment 68680
Sorry to hear this Olie. Animal companions can often be kinder, nicer and better for us than humans. And losing them often hurts as much (or more) than a family member.

SoTd
Sorry for your loss mate! I don't have dogs but currently have 6 rescued cats. I believe I will be very sad to any of them go.
I had 4 cats that left way too early of their time a long time ago while living on an island without vets...it was painful.
Take care, keep safe and...keep shaving!

Sorry for your loss mate! I don't have dogs but currently have 6 rescued cats. I believe I will be very sad to any of them go.
I had 4 cats that left way too early of their time a long time ago while living on an island without vets...it was painful.
Take care, keep safe and...keep shaving!
Thank you for you’re kind words mate means a lot, they are our companions that we care deeply for..it’s awful to see them go the place just isn’t the same, i have 3 other dogs and yet the house feels so empty without her going to take some getting use to, for the other dogs too they are quite subdued they grew up with her and all looked up to her

SoTd
View attachment 68680

mans best friend,Sorry for your loss Jay.

SoTd
View attachment 68680
My deepest condolences Jay.
We don’t deserve those animals - they’re too amazing!

Thursday 22nd April

• Squadron Red Lead
• Yaqi Tuxedo 24mm Red Marble Handle
• Razorock Hawk V3- Standard
• Schick Proline P (8)
• Vintage Shulton Old Spice Aftershave

An absolute cracker of a shave
The Squadron soap is always a pleasure to use, and I do so sparingly - it was a gift from a fine gentleman member here @TomG

For me, the Hawk V3 is hard to set aside, i seem to favour using it over my DE's simce acquiring it. I sometimes have to remind myself that I have other fine razors in the den.

The 70's Old Spice came to me via ebay, a 67ml bottle with unknown quantity left - which in itself is intriguing
THIS is the smell I remember from my childhood - the stuff on offer now almost shares no resemblance to it at all
Why they stopped making the real Old Spice is beyond me?

Great to see you still enjoying it, Paul!

Today’s shave, a pleasant “me time”

Pre ...... Proraso white
Soap. ..... Palmolive stick
Brush ...... Morris & Forndran 2xl finest
Razor. ..... Rockwell 6s (4)
Blade. ..... Gillette blue
Asb. ........ Nivea sensitive
ASL. ........ Jovan
Post ..... Hot/cold face rinse , alum.

A nice steel on skin experience. If Carlsberg did shaves this is how it would be. All components of this shave working together perfectly giving me a super smooth face stroker.... 10/10
95D43E93-06F6-4DE2-A76B-D7A928834AEA.jpeg

Happy, Happy
Stay safe , keep smiling :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom