SOTD: Saturday 16th Sep 2017 - Friday 22nd Sep 2017

What a beautiful razor Pat in sublime condition. Did you have it replated or is it in original condition?
I have recently purchased one from my birth year and am awaiting it's arrival. I am aware it is in poor condition but I would love to get it replated.
Many thanks,
Wayne

Hello Wayne,i bought it reconditioned and re-plated from Executive Shaving,it's as old/young as me as it's also a birth year.
Good luck with the slim when it arrives mate.

Take it easy fella

Pre: Shower
Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Soap
Razor: Gillette Slim Twist
Blade: Feather
Brush: Omega 10275
Bowl: TOBS Black Wooden bowl
Post: Lil' bit of Clubman followed by Proraso Wood & Spice Cologne

It's been a while since I last used the Gillette. The result is 2 fair sized nicks on my neck.
Amazing soap.

Omega 10015
Parker 65R
Ladas (1)
Stirling Tuscany
Thayers Rose, Nivea Men & Pecksniffs Professional

I was going to chuck this soap, had it about 3-4 years and it didn't feel right but gave it a try and lathers like a champ, no issues at all. Looked a bit funny and soft. New blade today because I dropped my one on a dirty floor so chucked it, blades are cheap and no messing with a contiminated or damaged edge. Good shave but prefer a Rapira to Ladas, never got on too well with them, which is a shame because I have about 140 of them

SOTD: 210917

Blade: Schick Proline #2
Razor: Cobra Classic (On Loan)
Soap: P&B Albion. Bergamot, Lavender & Grapefruit
Brush: Razorock 400 Aluminium Synth
EDT: None for test purposes

My love has grown so much so quickly now I have found the right Blade/Razor combo. This is only my #5 shave with the Cobra and I must say it is outstanding. Balance and weight is spot on for me aside from the fact that it is a thing of beauty. A really comfortable 2 pass shave with a few touch-ups to bring me back to BBS without any irritation.
Most importantly I am so pleased to report no blood was lost during the making of this SOTD.

My first time with this recently acquired P&B soap and what a lovely experience it was. Gorgeous thick, shiny and slick lather was created with the lovely weighted Razorock synth.

Thoughts on balm to follow after the trial.

Enjoy your shaves!

Last edited:

Two Pass Shaving Routine..

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Henckels Friodur Solingen Full Hollow 7/8th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
P & B Tallow Soap
Loggona Mann Balm

I had a Super Close Shave Today with My Friodur 7/8th..She Sports a Surgical Black Arkansas 20 K Edge..I Love My Solingen Full Hollow Grinds..These Friodurs are Up there with the Best of them in My Books..Belter of a Shave..

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..

Billy

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Maseto 24mm ST
Cream: Vulfix Sicilian Lime
Razor: Schick I1
Blade: Chick

After yesterdays slightly uncomfortable tuggy shave, todays was very smooth and efficient. Perhaps too much so, a bit like shaving by numbers.
There's just no pleasing some people

Last edited: