Pre - Soapless Facial Wash
Soap - Vitos Red Coco
Brush - Zenith Euro X
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Personna Platinum Chrome
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum Menthol

First time I have posted here for a while, I was in India for a while when I took a DE shaving kit but near enough had the same shave day in day out and it was nice to have a few options once again. It was interesting to see which kit I had missed the most and the choice above (blade aside) is near enough my favourite, I would have gone for a Tech but went for the Yaqi DOC as I had 3-4 days worth of growth and find the open comb head a bit better for a few days of growth.

Could I ask what the benefits are, or reasons for a cold water prep.i was taught the hotter the better chin prep.
Cheers

Could I ask what the benefits are, or reasons for a cold water prep.i was taught the hotter the better chin prep.
Cheers
I like a hot water prep. However, I cold rinse between passes and to finish off. It may be coincidental with improved technique; but I have had zero irritation for the last couple of years.

I have read that cold water prep lifts the hairs more proud; as hair follicles do when cold.

Last edited:
Tuesday 19th March 2019 PM

Pre-shave:- Warm rinse / Nuage for Men Shaving Oil
Brush:- Stirling Finest Badger
Soap/Cream:- Wickham Buddha Wood soap
Razor/Blade:- ES Claymore V1 / Schick Proline
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / Xtro Mare aftershave / Bart's Balm Lavender aftershave balm

A close and smooth shave this evening. My skin is still feeling great for my 3rd shave in a row so I'll keep going for the rest of the week to see how things go.

Another 3 pass shave with the Wickham Buddha Wood soap giving a good cushion and glide. Rinsing between each pass I could feel the slickness. Lovely. The scent is almost rose like and I wasn't quite sure when I first tried it, but the scent is defo growing on me.

No weepers or irritation with next to no sting as I splashed on the Xtro Mare aftershave. A great sign!

Finishing off with Barts Balm Lavender has me smooth as glass with no irritation.

A great shave.

Have a great night folks! [emoji1303]

Last edited:
It sort of makes sense, once I have my technique off I will try with which razor I feel comfortable with. Cheers for the info.
57 yr old and still learning. Every day is a school day.