SOTD Saturday 16th December 2017 - Friday 22th December 2017

16/12/17

Brush - Yaqi Fan Tux 26mm
Soap - Vitos Coco
Razor - 1972 Gillette Tech
Blade - Tian Li Super Blue (1)
Post - Ben's Bay Rum

I took delivery of a new Yaqi brush, this time with a fan shaped head in the handle described as MYSTERIOUS SPACE or sparkly blue. The fan shaped knot is an absolute delight to use, splays very easily and is soft to the face.

The Tian Li SB is a blade I have struggled to match with the right razor so far, but in today's shave paired with the Tech it seems to negate some of the blade's roughness I found used with some other razors.

I've been using Vitos Coco for the last few shaves and it's performance seems exceptional.

Those Gillette Nacets are outstanding.

Thanks for the tag Brian. So many kind people here have sent me all sorts of things over the past few months. It's a great forum.

Sat 16th Dec.
RazoRock Syn. 24mm
P & B Spitfire
Alu.General + S/S Handle
Feather Pro ( 4 )
Alum Rub /Rinse off
Pitralon Original A/S lotion

After a splendid Shave with the Heavyweight Mongoose there was minimal stubble to deal with today.
I chose to use the Alu. General, which I can only use with a non stock handle. The Shave felt smooth and comfortable, and the finish on the upper areas was good, but not very good around the neck.
Perhaps more polishing work needed, but I did not want a prolonged Shave. Have come to the conclusion that despite wanting to love this Razor, it is not for me as the Heavyweights do cope well with my beard more efficiently.

+ 1 0n the Merkur 34C HD & Polsilver Super Iridium.