SOTD- Saturday 16rd to Friday 22th October

Yeah those brushes he did were brilliant, one stacked leather (as a raffle) the others with the metal tang running through. I almost threw one of them in the basket but I wasn't sure how stackry would have been with badger hair getting through, wasn't worth the risk.

The soap is a strange one for sure, I wasn't sure whether they really would have captured metal but to my uneducated nose it certainly seems like they have. As the day has gone on though I don't think this is really going to find a permanent home with me, but I'll give it one more bash and see whether it has a place or not.
I understand completely where your coming from but for me i like to persevere.
i was very confused by Zingari Man the Watchman when i first got it.
It wasn’t a bad smell i just didn’t get it really but now it’s become a favourite.
i guess some soaps take time.
I do have 3 House Of Mammoth and they are at the top of their game for sure

Today's entry in to the future archives according to the rules of the SOTD is themed 'Call it whatever you want'

20211019_172439.jpg

Beezlebub the razor - Razorock Hawk V3
The blade of Mephistopheles - Feather Super Professional
Moloch's brush - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Cream of the fallen angel - Signature Soaps Danum
Eric the moisturiser - Simple

Fitting soap because I went to Doncaster. Because you can.

Great shave and the world is full of happy bunnies

Shite shite shite shite. How many times do I have to type 'Shite'?

And a jolly little Japanese girly song to see it all out

Razor = ATT Windsor Copper
Blade = Winner ( 1 )
Brush = The Darn Robb 24mm Boar
Soap = DG Darkfall
with matching splash
Balm = Simpsons Sandalwood.
View attachment 78783
Declaration Grooming Thursday

Well where do i start

Quite possibly the worst scent i have ever had.
Smokey beyond believe.
infact it reminds me of the worst Whisky iv ever had well not really i suppose there is no bad whisky only good ones & better ones.
Anyway back to the soap
it’s like iv been sitting at a bonfire for 3 days & never changed my clothes.
The notes say burning leaves in the fall or autumn as we call it in the u.k. and they are not wrong.
I will go back for another go at a later date just to confirm how bad it really is.
i might surprise myself perhaps i’ll like it but i doubt it.
The actual performance of the soap is not in question in any way but man the scent is Strong Burn Wood or as the website said burn leaves
I quite agree with your scent description (not a fan of it either! Got a sample). Have you tried valley of ashes by southern witchcrafts, or nocturne by zingari and b&m? Those two are quite similar - I think voA is a bit nicer whilst nocturne smells like some apples that fell down in late autumn and started rotting amongst old wet leaves lol

Thursday AM 2021-10-21
National Get Smart About Credit Day
K5mBPAF.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/48)
Floris No. 89 shaving cream
LASSC BBS-1
Wilkinson Light Brigade (1)
Chanel Égoïste Platinum aftershave
NcnuQVE.jpg

I quite agree with your scent description (not a fan of it either! Got a sample). Have you tried valley of ashes by southern witchcrafts, or nocturne by zingari and b&m? Those two are quite similar - I think voA is a bit nicer whilst nocturne smells like some apples that fell down in late autumn and started rotting amongst old wet leaves lol
No i haven’t tried any Southern Witchcraft yet.
i think the fact their soaps are vegan it puts me off a bit.
i do have A&E Shaving butters which i rate highly but the wife bought them.
Again probably something i wouldn’t have bought myself even although i’m glad i have them now.
I haven’t tried the Voa either but i think i’ll just take your word for it and give it a miss.
There’s far to many good soaps out there to worry about buying sh1te ones ah :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Thursday 21st October

No light or time for a photo this morning. Unfortunately it has reached the time of year when I leave for work in the dark.....and come home in the dark as well

Pre: Aleppo Soap
Soap: Palmolive Sensitive Cream
Brush: Omega S10081
Razor: Parthenon V2 with a Supershave X
Scent: Perfume Parlour TdH take PO

A great shave on setting 4. The razor has a reputation for aggressiveness but you don't have to run full throttle at 9. I can't understand why I don't see more around

Last edited:
Thursday 21st October

AM-JKLWglpiUazZL1g1n6KBJls646vf_JExbhbF3T5s7zjaj6zNH7s23fNvIgTpWUsXu0y6aeosg5C7f8wwdjlawLA32Drr01rsGyWvCpM5Hg2SXvajb3Lmckix0u_kaAdPq8d1bdgpRSx2IxIas39m4Jxgzhg=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
OSP Sandalwood Shaving Soap
Muhle Silvertip Fibre 23mm
Ever-Ready 1912 (Australian w/Bakelite Handle)
GEM by Personna (4) Shimmed
Imperial Leather Aftershave (Vintage)

Re-acquanting myself with the Muhle Silvertip Fibre and it's quite clear why that fibre was top dog for such a long time. Great, too, to have another bottle of vintage Imperial Leather aftershave. Gosh! It's good juice! Between Imperial Leather, Denim and Jovan Musk, there's a little of each in each of them ... if that makes sense.

Today's entry in to the future archives according to the rules of the SOTD is themed 'Call it whatever you want'

View attachment 78789

Beezlebub the razor - Razorock Hawk V3
The blade of Mephistopheles - Feather Super Professional
Moloch's brush - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Cream of the fallen angel - Signature Soaps Danum
Eric the moisturiser - Simple

Fitting soap because I went to Doncaster. Because you can.

Great shave and the world is full of happy bunnies

Shite shite shite shite. How many times do I have to type 'Shite'?

And a jolly little Japanese girly song to see it all out

I’m off to Leodis tomorrow! Watch out for Wicstun, coming soon!

View attachment 78784
This morning -

razor - Blackland Vector (on loan)
blade - Feather Pro (14)
brush - AP Shave Co. - SilkSmoke
soap - Ach Brito - Mogno
post - witch hazel
a/s - Vitos Tabacco
balm - BBA
scent - Gotas Frescas Hombre.

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ - selah - I.
Indeed.

Fri 22 SR-Kamisori SOTD
Soap Wholly Kaw Pomplemo
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor NOS Henkotsu Kamisori 1st Use
Aftershaves
Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Aqua Velva Musk
A good quality soap. The scent is light but the lather is thick, creamy, and very slick...
Received my 1st Kamisori yesterday and today was the inaugural shave. Prior to the shave was worried about the handle...may drop it because of inexperience in both hands. Also worried about shaving with the Ura side...
Hah...the shave itself turns out to be great...the handle was easy for both hands...in fact better for the neck atg pass. The Ura side turns out to be very nice...in fact, I preferred...
All in, it was an absolutely enjoyable shave session with the Kamisori in 3passes without any issues for a mixed dfs/ccs/sas result which is not too bad for 1st time.
20211021_204741.jpg20211022_123832.jpg

Fri 22 SR-Kamisori SOTD
Soap Wholly Kaw Pomplemo
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor NOS Henkotsu Kamisori 1st Use
Aftershaves
Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Aqua Velva Musk
A good quality soap. The scent is light but the lather is thick, creamy, and very slick...
Received my 1st Kamisori yesterday and today was the inaugural shave. Prior to the shave was worried about the handle...may drop it because of inexperience in both hands. Also worried about shaving with the Ura side...
Hah...the shave itself turns out to be great...the handle was easy for both hands...in fact better for the neck atg pass. The Ura side turns out to be very nice...in fact, I preferred...
All in, it was an absolutely enjoyable shave session with the Kamisori in 3passes without any issues for a mixed dfs/ccs/sas result which is not too bad for 1st time.
View attachment 78795View attachment 78796
Well done on your first kamisori shave, they're no where near as scary as they look!

Back
Top Bottom