SOTD : Saturday 15tt - Friday 21th August 2020.

Prep - facial scrub
razor - Schick I1
blade - Schick vintage twin (2)
soap - MT - Lavender paste
brush - Semogue 2015 HD (@culcreuch )
post - witch hazel
a/s - Quorum
balm - none
scent - Caron.

Coldwater shower and shave -

All good - a week's growth coming off - not that good actually - in the last week I have learned - that my boiler - is beyond repair - I have been accidentally flooding my downstairs neighbour's flat - nothing drastic - slow drip - enough to damage their plaster - insurance claim. Also I lost my job - entirely Covid related - happy days - let's go from £500 a week - to Universal Credit - a system - most would agree is not fit for purpose. - I.

Last edited:
Date:- 21 August 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Maseto 'Avatar' Tuxedo Synth. 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Unconditional Surrender
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #14
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

21/8/20

Brush - Zenith B07 (bleached boar)
Soap - Lea Menthol Cream
Razor - Old Type
Blade - Gillette Nacet (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
Splash - Barbon

A rare outing for my bleached Zenith Boar which I usually would struggle to get to hold a lather, but for today's shave I adjusted my technique to use the brush and used a little more shaving cream and had enough lather for 2.5 passes. One thing for sure, I definitely prefer the feel of a stiffer scrubbier brush but it's nice to have a little variety.

The Nacet and Old Type paired well, smooth and efficient, but I find the OT to be quite sensitive in finding the sweet spot for angle.

Anyway chaps, have a good Friday and start to the weekend.

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Cream - Sweyn Forkbeard - Vanilla and Tobacco Leaf
Brush - GFT pure badger
Razor - Merkur 34G
Blade - Wilkinson (8)
Post - Saponificio Varesino - Opuntia AS (sample).

A nice two and a half pass shave this morning. I do like the scent of the Vanilla and Tobacco Leaf, it is more of an Autumn scent to me, as it's quite windy outside today, it fits.

Hope you find something soon.
Mike B