SOTD : Saturday 15th May to Friday 21st May 2021.

docsM2U.jpg

9065B590-DAD0-4FDF-A23E-4E0FD53BD843.jpeg
Pre: hot shower, hair conditioner on the stubble
Brush: yaqi 24mm purple haze
Soap: Declaratoon grooming champs De Lavande
Razor: Dovo black star 5/8 pakkawood
Tidy up: hawk v2 + feather professional AC
Post: cold water rinse, Declaration grooming champs de lavande , cella eau de lavande on pulse points.

excellent shave despite one minor mishap.

WTG and ATG with the straight, removing around 80% of the hair and staying at close comfortable shave level. No weepers at that point from what I seen. Tidied up with a hawk that gave me couple small weepers, for DFS++ level.

Small burn from aftershave , however after that I have noticed a small cut - 1/4 of an inch near my sideburns . Not sure whether it was caused by straight or hawk - wasn’t bleeding at all, just a red line. First time since I started wet shaving I had something else than a weeper!

Brilliant scent - getting a clean lavender with bit of eucalyptus on this one. Nice and lasting scent throughout the whole shave . Aftershave definitely compliments it well. Added cella eau de lavande for a nice complimentary scent.

one thing I definitely need to improve upon is stretching of the face. Areas that I stretch properly I get much better shave results than others - oh well, it’s a learning curve!

I feel like for this shave I should have some straight with purple scales haha!

enjoy your weekend gentlemen!

Saturday 15th May

ACtC-3e4Q2n8feo3IG7UnEB1kV5Ux7f9vdwcSd23Smkrx2heD_yB-LxcbkQtCRzI4ctOpuEd6_l94LBKsQdqcYRUabbK9cBODbzK_cFa5vIV2d8uSFrdy7faaPL9BQCo4xIBK9OEuEkKWru1c_oyViSIADJocQ=s1200

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Cella Crema da Barba
Semogue SOC Taj
Yaqi AC w/Muhle Rocca R96 Handle
Feather Professional (7)
Brut Attraction Totale Aftershave

Continuing a run through my little collection of Brut aftershaves and concluding a week of predominantly Italian almond soaps ...

I've shaken things up a little this evening and popped the head onto a Muhle Rocca handle (not quite as pictured). Although the handle is quite fat compared to the somewhat skinny and delicate head, it really suits! Balance is really nice, too. Yep! That's a super pairing @chard52142

My Semogue brush is so well broken in now, it takes literally a mere few seconds to hydrate and face lathering is so soft. Lovely!

Seventh run with the Feather Professional and it's most definitely lost something. While the blade is still shaving, I had to buff over a few areas a couple of times. I guess some folks might say it's dropped into its smooth niche and I think they might be right as the blade would not doubt do a few more multi-pass shaves. I'm just not prepared to push it, but I did get my on paper seven shaves out of the blade so happy enough with that.

Very happy with the shaves using this razor so far. I'll use my other one from tomorrow and pop a different blade in - the Kai Captain Mild (Pink).

ACtC-3f_NB6EeJ8nZk7Es0aqCYJbMrwh7IphKymmtSM7R7pEjuBDDFuMrvwFQvIqeWk74yis81iT_bnJG7aMjJuOVtuycQlca6bAr3_aJVrhqeJAZDznk5Wdb16wXAIpYNcxs48gO_0L57mdTkGcyvQVCSDi1g=s600

Last edited:
Sun 16 SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Red Tip A3
Blade Russian Astra Superior Stainless 5th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + Bvlgari AS Balm & EDT
Awesome soap! Rich, thick, creamy, and very slick plus a wonderfully good scent strength...
Shave with razor paired with the blade with an added shim was good, smooth, and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a bbs/dfs finish. The blade efficiency drops a tad less. Excellent aftershaves too.
20210516_105354.jpg

SOTD : 16th May 2021.

98.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower / Nivea Men ~ Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather : Palmolive Classic Shave Cream.
Blade: Gillette Nacet. (D2)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Premium TTO.
Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./Gillette Blue ASL.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

A wonderful razor & blade duo, the mild non-aggressive Wilkinson Sword premium benefited from the Gillette Nacet making a smooth efficient duo.

A pleasurable 3 pass + pickups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a generous splash of Gillette Blue ASL.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Sunday 16th May 2021

Shave Score 9.9/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso - Green Rinfrescante - Menthol
Soap: Officina Artigiana-Milano
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 SB
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Post Shave ASL: Officina Artigiana-Milano
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1 - Menthol
Post Shave Cologne: N/A

Super close, BBS, the soap does most of the work here with its 7 essential oils, I adore this combo, and the long lasting scent it leaves behind, could almost get away with no balm after the ASL…

A lovely FFS :)

Have a great day all.

Joe

4BCBE57F-FE4E-4322-9C9C-2FEFD9B0875D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom