SOTD : Saturday 15th January-Friday 21st January 2022.

Prep: Shower
Brush: Omega Boar soaked in warm water
Soap: Signature Soaps Vectis
Razor: Rockwell 6S Plate R4
Blade: Polsilver Super Irridium #2
ASB: None
AS: Speick
Excellent 3 pass shave. Nearly finished the Vectis soap and can't wait to try out the new range of Signature soaps.The Rockwell Razor is the best Razor I've ever used (I've only got 1 other razor, the Razorock gamechanger) it's so easy to use, so forgiving and it never fails to impress me. Enjoy your weekend and stay safe.
Thanks Pete, I’m at Sale Makersmarket tomorrow if you’re about pop down. Regards Brian

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 15th January 2022

Shave Score 10

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"\Signature Soaps Sweet Orange & Patchouli Shower Wash
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Signature Soaps - Danum
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: RR GC .84
Blade: Gillette Super Thin (2)
Post Shave Signature Soaps - Danum
Post Shave Balm: Baxters
Post Shave Cologne/EDT: Penhaligons - Cairo

Still one of my favourite combination of wake up products, cannot beat the Signature Soap Products :)

Have a great day all.

Joe.

PXL_20220115_120331066.jpg

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 15th January 2022

Shave Score 10

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"\Signature Soaps Sweet Orange & Patchouli Shower Wash
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Signature Soaps - Danum
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: RR GC .84
Blade: Gillette Super Thin (2)
Post Shave Signature Soaps - Danum
Post Shave Balm: Baxters
Post Shave Cologne/EDT: Penhaligons - Cairo

Still one of my favourite combination of wake up products, cannot beat the Signature Soap Products :)

Have a great day all.

Joe.

View attachment 82897
Thank you very much. Regards Brian

SOTD 15-Jan
20220114_145115.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Casanova'
Soap: Stirling Carmichael
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (3)

Excellent scent on the carmichael and fantastic lather, weird having a smaller volume from Stirling but honestly probably a good thing otherwise I'd never get through it! Vector very smooth and efficient, very pleased.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend of it!

Cheers

Marc

Saturday AM 2022-01-15
Website Wikipedia was launched on this date in 2001
5IYOVRw.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ebony Finest (24/54)
Eufros Kasbah shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB 0.95/WRH2
Wilkinson London Bridge (5)
Ginger's Garden Colonia aftershave
cs44b1O.jpg

Saturday 15th January

Soap • Hampshire Wool Fat No 1
Brush • Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Red Marble
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3 - Standard
Blade • Proshave S (2)
Post • Quorum Aftershave

Repeat of my last shave on Wednesday.
Proshave blade was nice and smooth, and made short work of three day's growth.

Last edited:
997CFDC1-D93D-4E55-959D-871FB9434634.jpeg

SOTD: 15/01/2022

Razor: Gem Micromatic
Blade: Gem Blade, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Yaqi Green Obsidian Silvertip Silvertip Badger
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Seaside Soap And Skin Care Lemon Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

I don’t normally go for a new razor, new brush, new soap combination but luck was with me and each element was great! The soap smells great though loses some strength when lathered but is a lovely medium strong pure lemon scent.
The Yaqi Obsidian was a defect bargain but I only detect a slight bump and can’t see anything on the handle, so I’ve struck lucky with it! Randomly despite arguably the lowest quality knot of my silvertip brushes, I’d say it feels the nicest and softest to me! I need to hunt more out to compare I guess.
The micromatic gem razor was another kind loan from Dan, @ATG. I was curious to see what the difference was, seeing gem razors on SOTD and not having a clue about them. I was also a little apprehensive as the blade is thicker to what I’m used to, it looked like it had loads of blade exposed and was an open comb, all worries for me normally. I needn’t have worried, after a few slow tentative strokes, it was clear this old razor was a delicate baby that just looked like a bit of a brute! I shaved this morning BBS and I still have hardly any growth now! So this is another hole to dive down!
So much for slowing purchases down this year! Two weeks in and I’ve a new Tech on the way, a new brush and soaps and now want a Gem razor too!

Back
Top Bottom