SOTD : Saturday 15th January-Friday 21st January 2022.

SOTD : 15th January 2022.

9.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Edwin Jagger Limes & Pomegranate Shaving Cream.
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp. (D1)
Razor: Muhle R41.

Cold water Face Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./Milton Lloyd Essentials No9 EdP.

Greetings,

Face & head Shave.

A new shave set up to start the Weekend....The EJ limes & pomegranate shaving cream created a wonderful lather in a short space of time leaving an excellent post shave feel.

Carrying on with the Treet Dura Sharp another carbon which i have only used a few times... I forgot how sharp & smooth these blades are near feather sharp without feeling over sharp & sometimes rough...They worked wonderfully with the R41 making a great razor & blade duo.

An invigorating close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Essentials No9 EdP to the chest & pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Saturday 15th January
Alpha Outlaw - Wickham Scottish Heather - General Aluminium - Feather Pro #4 - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Aloe Vera Gel
uitYQnV.jpg

Sat 15 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Lemon Lime Cedarwood
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor Feather AC Clone Kamisori
Blade Feather ProGuard 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi Lemon Lime Cedarwood Splash
Nice enough soap with a good scent, slight cooling, and a lather that's creamy and slick enough...
Good enough shave too with the razor and blade combination. 3passes for a mostly bbs finish. Good cooling aftershaves.
20220115_115540.jpg

Sat 15 SOTD
Nice enough soap with a good scent, slight cooling, and a lather that's creamy and slick enough...
Good enough shave too with the razor and blade combination. 3passes for a mostly bbs finish. Good cooling aftershaves.
View attachment 82880
That's a very improved window view!!

271608274_1172748816589674_6252542815088851383_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap,
Soap: TDS Rose Notes
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)

With all the new stuff to try, I still found myself falling back on the favourites for a tried and tested quick turnaround. I'll be sad when the TDS Rose soap runs out in the next few shaves. Definitely one of the best purchases of 2020.

15/01/2022

Razor: ATT H1
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: RR Mokasoft Hive
Soap: TOBS Peppermint

20220115_095455.jpg

I've really enjoyed the past few shaves with the H1. I've been debating whether or not to sell it as I've got a Windsor set, S1&2 and Windsor Pro in the den. It saddens me but I'm going to let it go as I've got to be brutal in my reduction. It will be on the BST soon along with the (also great) R2 plate.

Pre, hot water
Brush, Razorock Beehive
Razor, Razorock Gamechanger -68OC
Blade, Lords Silver Star
Cream, Lider Classic
A/S, Lider Classic

This lathered ok. Not quite as thick and creamy as the Bond Cream the other day. The fragrance was a little more noticeable, a tad medicinal but not Arko like. Maybe a little menthol.

A 3 grain pass. No weepers / cuts. It felt a little closer than the Razorock SLOC the other day which was with the same blade.

The Lider Classic A/S lotion went on and felt good. Another good DE shave!

Have a good weekend all!

Ben

Attachments

• 44B0136E-EE90-49FD-8501-44669681AA09.jpeg
    44B0136E-EE90-49FD-8501-44669681AA09.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Sat 15 SOTD
View attachment 82880
Ah, back home - The King of the Castle

15 January

Stirling Campania
Razorock Bruce
Rockwell 6S
Feather Hi-stainless
Stirling Campania balm

429887EA-AB0A-49BC-AB6A-08CF3A96C4CE.jpeg

The three pass shaves over the last few days had only served to irritate the skin again. Back to two passes today, and the Rockwell did a great job. The lather today was excellent, better than yesterday. I think I will have to sell the Game Changer.

Prep: Shower
Brush: Omega Boar soaked in warm water
Soap: Signature Soaps Vectis
Razor: Rockwell 6S Plate R4
Blade: Polsilver Super Irridium #2
ASB: None
AS: Speick
Excellent 3 pass shave. Nearly finished the Vectis soap and can't wait to try out the new range of Signature soaps.The Rockwell Razor is the best Razor I've ever used (I've only got 1 other razor, the Razorock gamechanger) it's so easy to use, so forgiving and it never fails to impress me. Enjoy your weekend and stay safe.

Saturday January 15, 2022
Razor: Schick D Injector
Blade: sChick
Brush: Trotter Vein Quartz/Boti Horse
Soap: Ballenclaugh The Woodsmen
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: CFG Ghost Town Barber
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1165

Used the D Injectah today after using the F yesterday. Obvious different handle feel but no issues holding and maneuvering it. I compared the heads and while the F head is bigger the blade gap and exposure seemed identical to my eye. Even so compared to yesterday's shave there in my view is more blade feel for certain in comparison. Still a smooth shave but it definitely feels more aggressive than the F........at least that's my experience with my 2 models (F and D) Can't stop feeling my face as I got a phenomenally close shave. So happy to have this new addition to the collection. Yesterday was some more log clearing on the hillside with these trees all intertwined like a giant game of pick up sticks. Slow going so as not to get pinned while cutting on a steep slope and the new saw is a dream to use. Hoping to get back on the hillside this afternoon but just to burn some branches and limbs so The Woodsman with it's smokey almost ash like scent was a good pick. Thanks again Rob ExtraProtein Have a swell day everyone !!
IMG_20220114_171927242_HDR.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
IMG_20220115_054053530_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom