SOTD : Saturday 15th January-Friday 21st January 2022.

Razor = PAA Filament
Brush = Shavemac 24mm Synthetic
Blade = Treet 7 Days ( 2 )
Soap = PAA Solstice
Splash = Myrsol Metisol
Balm = Nivea Skin Energy
E01EDCE1-D81E-4C71-8762-44BAB59BF93B.jpegAnother cracking shave for me today & this was my last fakelite series razor iv tried.
Iv now tried them all and i like them a lot.
Not for everyone i know but for me they are class
At $26.95 or £30 in uk terms with p&p for me they shave exactly like a Fasan which you’ll get for £120-£300 depending where you find it.
Yes people want the fasan for collection purposes but the Fakelite series shave wise are just as good if not better with the plastic better than the brittle bakelite.
Overall a brilliant take it easy relaxing shave
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe

35ACD22A-156E-41FA-93D0-9C0003A2DE40.jpeg
SOTD: 18/01/2022

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Gillette Black 7 O’clock , 1st use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat No. 2 Puck
Aftershave: Jean Paul Gautier Le Male EDT
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A lovely start to the day and a nice break from the Micromatic with my lovely, heavy gentle giant the Hone 15! Always smooth and never a chore, a nice relaxing shave to start the day with the ever nourishing HWF.

SOTD 20220118
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Thäter Fünf TSN LE
Soap: Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere
Razor: Rocnel Sailor Series 2021 Prototype
Blade: Ladas
AS: Acqua di Parma Colonia intensa
AS: Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere

SOTD-20220118.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Wed 19 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Hypnotic Blue
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor Karve Brass SB-F
Blade SuperMax Super Stainless 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi Hypnotic Blue Splash
The soap is good. The scent is nice, the lather is creamy and slick enough.
Excellent shave with the razor paired with this blade. 3passes for a bbs finish.
Matching aftershave was great.
20220119_093607.jpg

271742990_951218115756794_1251622841624971192_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Seaforth Sea Spice Lime sample
Brush: Doubloon Bluebeards revenge
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum (1)

Is is a citrus, is it a bay rum? Dunno to be honest but it's rather nice. I steered it down the lime route today with the other accoutrements, and I'll do the same with Benjamins Bay to see how it pairs with those scent notes. I'm definitely a face-latherer, but got a decent enough coating from the bowl, and the Supermax performed well as usual.

SOTD 19-Jan
20220118_124142.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2
Soap: WK Cuero Oscuro
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick P-30 (4)

Overall decent shave this morning, vector and proline performed brilliantly, the soap and brush generated a good lather, and the Tonic and Balm combination worked fantastically well, but...

I'm not sure about this scent. Off the tub I didn't like it, can't put my finger on what it smelt like but it was not to my tastes but thought ah well I've got it now let's give it a bash. In actual use it's a lot more pleasant, but I think this might be a learn to love it type scent for me. Not sure I have the time for that considering the collection waiting in the wings (and I have one watchful eye on one more PAA offering), might give it one more bash and if it doesn't pass muster then I might move it on to a new home or put it into retirement for a later date.

Loved the proline performance so much, thanks again @Scorpio93 , I decided to try picking up one more pack, sadly I experienced exactly the same issue as before. Last gamble I'm taking on those and I'll switch back to the perfectly acceptable feathers.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Wednesday 19th January

Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic - Yego Cream - Leaf and Twig/Dorco Titan - Dunhill for Men

I tried something a little different today. I am a cold water shaver but soaking the Simpson fibre in a little warm water relaxed the knot enough to make it more comfortable in use.
2 Leaf passes and a touch up with the Twig gave a perfect result:)

Wednesday
As I was going to use the Nacet with the .84 plate, and I would only normally use the GC for a couple of days growth, I didn't shave yesterday.
What I can say, it was a perfect pairing for 2 days growth. DFS after 2 passes with an under jaw pick up.
I've now got a soap to match the Brut in P&B Right Handed Giant, great soap.

Even better, on clearing out some stuff yesterday, I found an old wash bag that I must have used on my work trips to Italy about 8 years ago and it contained an Omega Proraso boar brush that I probably used for a couple of weeks on the trip, so now I have two!

Attachments

• IMG_20220119_090825__01.jpg
    IMG_20220119_090825__01.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom