SOTD : Saturday 15th January-Friday 21st January 2022.

SOTD 21-Jan
View attachment 83165
Brush: C&H 'Strata Taper'
Soap: P&B BlueBird
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Astra SP (1)

Friday at last, both can't come soon enough and also sneaks up on you like a son of a... when you're busy as hell!

Decent enough shave to end the week, I keep trying these Astras every so often and I'm still not getting on with them in the blackbird. The GSBs work perfectly for me so I really shouldn't change a winning formula but I love experimentation!

Hope everyone has a grand day and weekend!

Cheers

Marc
Hi, can you describe scent of the soap please? I found info that it's aventus inspired but it's not official. On my question is it inspired by Bleu de Chanel because it shares lot of notes with it Kerry replied with like so I'm not sure what to think

What a nice looking brush, Marc.
I'm doing my best to resist buying a C&H brush !
Cheers man, have to say I am a fan of his work. I'll no doubt end up with another at some point but I'll probably skip the knot next time.

Hi, can you describe scent of the soap please? I found info that it's aventus inspired but it's not official. On my question is it inspired by Bleu de Chanel because it shares lot of notes with it Kerry replied with like so I'm not sure what to think
As much as I'd like to I really can't, I am useless with scent descriptions, and I've had neither of those to be able to compare. I can tell you I like it and it smells 'modern' and 'clean', sorry I know they are very subjective descriptions, it has a firm place in my rotation though!

Friday AM 2022-01-21
National Hugging Day
Yc17r7J.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Ivory Finest (22/45)
Czech & Speake Oxford and Cambridge shaving soap
Haircut & Shave P076-SB Copper/H&S Black
Wilkinson London Bridge (10)
English Leather aftershave (vintage)

At age almost 74, I know that I am slowly losing my sense of smell; but the scent of the C&S soap, which has been opened for only a few months and is kept in its wooden bowl in a closed drawer, has seemed particularly weak to me. So I asked my wife to compare its smell to those of a very old Crabtree & Evelyn Mysore Sandalwood and a 2-year-old Eufros Tobacco. To her 13-years-younger nose, the C&S was clearly the weakest, so apparently it isn't just my perception. Very disappointing. It did make excellent lather, the razor and blade did their job quite well, and the old aftershave was very nice.
PK9vlfu.jpg

Friday 21st January

AM-JKLUtSMRAlmsAibaqV2sdATOQib2LwJcJ96BY808HOg4VqsggAAye0H8yLTG2IaVvSRXOZ0KVobiXPCeBaC3fNm-HFxkMCuEwzECQh6Jj0wRZxlmJbiGbPs-g4gfV17eQ1s_i7Cwi1zgwjpS2dnEMDBuakA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Tcheon Fung Sing Traditional Line (Red) Shaving Soap
Razorock Hive w/Mokasoft Synthetic 24mm
Gillette Fusion (Flexball) Limited Edition
Gillette Fusion ProGlide (10)
Pinaud Clubman Musk Aftershave Cologne

First go with my new (to me) Razorock Hive brush* and it's most certainly a keeper. Jut the right girth and depth set for me, soft bristles that load up really well and don't sling. Quite grabby tips, too; reminiscent of the Muhle Silvertip Fibre, but sorta ... more so?

Supplied by The Emporium < thanks C @Boycie83

Razor = Feather AS - D2
Blade = Gillette Blue Blade ( 3 )
Brush = PAA’s The Starcraft 24mm Rosewell Grey
Soap = OSP’s Belgravia Barbershop
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Nivea Original
0672881B-8C2A-4E69-9B11-A97E19F0A9D2.jpeg
Another Cracker today.
I never shaved yesterday for no other reason than o was being lazy plus my last shave was so good i didn’t really need one yesterday.
OSP Soaps are up there for me with the best of them.
I know a lot of guys in the states won’t have OSP due to shipping costs but man for me they are a must especially the Sandlewood which is my favourite OSP.
This shave was another 10/10.
I genuinely done or didn’t think there was anything wrong with my technique but now it’s first class.
The only time i really get weepers now is when i’m experimenting with different razor & blade combos.
i’ll tell you what iv had some :poop: Blades but iv also had some crackers, especiallywhen i use the 6s i can’t seem to do anything wrong.
Onwards & Upwards Boys
Stay Safe

Friday 21st January

Soap • Tabac
Brush • Yaqi Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3 Standard-
Blade • Proshave S (5)
Post • Vitos Tobacco Aftershave

Proshave blade five shaves in is showing signs of dulling.
Given the price I suppose they're not bad value?

Enjoy the weekend everyone

Mine showed signs of being dull from the offset. If you want some completely free of charge just send me a PM

And to end this week of SOTD's my final entry comes with the theme '89 reasons for perfection'

20220121_202123.jpg

Reason No.1 - Muhle R89
Reason No.2 - Feather
Reason No.3 - Razorock 400
Reason No.4 - Signature Soaps Danum
Reason No.5 - Arran aromatics Machrie aftershave balm
How can you ever go wrong with an 89?

You can't.

An absolutely legend of a razor and an absolutely legend of a shave. A Feather and nothing else for me. You just can't go wrong.

I could dry shave my nads with an 89 and get away with it. In fact my next shave shall be themed 'I shaved my testicles with a Muhle R89 and now I sing castrato'.

Watch this space

Perfection? All the way.

So much so you can have some final Otoboke girls for this week. Have a great weekend and enjoy some Beaver.

Last edited:
IMG_0361.jpg\

I whipped up a lather treat today, using the Castle Forbes Lime soap and the Semogue 830 boar brush. And I do mean proper Mr. Whippy ice cream - with 4x extra lime!

I reached for the Merkur 37C slant which is an unusual choice for me as I don’t always enjoy a slant, but this was an excellently smooth shave, with a Wilkinson Sword blade. It’s not as scary as it should be. :)

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (2)
Soap: Castle Forbes Lime
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Post-shave: Castle Forbes Lime Balm
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Cobalt Blue

Back
Top Bottom