SOTD : Saturday 14th May - Friday 20th May 2022.

Firday 20th May

AM-JKLUKvCpeQUrHALIqDu6qXHgEqfhhE2_mbLtk7gZDoa7DUIF5JzOuVEsssai1XWjRVlWUjzFePvvNsQOouj3rlf6Ny-r159KO9f35hxF03bKgheO5AWjbci9D0Db7OaMmC-JmY_0xfIGwYCA24guCrLP5sw=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
3P Shaving Soap
Gan Village Green Horn w/Haryali Synthetic 22mm
Gillette Fusion (Flexball) Limited Edition & Gillette Fusion ProGlide (12)
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve Aftershave Cologne

Finishing off a really enjoyable week with the 3P soap and this legacy fibre synthetic.

I'm going to enjoy my (new to me) Sticky over the weekend with one of my new blades ... maybe the Lamix.

Have a great Friday night, guys! Great weekend, too.

First Shave with the EJ 3one6.

Firstly I would like to offer a huge 'Thank You' to the most kind and unbelievably generous @AlterEgo

As I have never shaved with a Stainless Steel Razor, I was looking forward to giving the above razor a whirl.
However after reading somewhat mixed reviews online, regarding its blade feel and to some, it's aggressiveness, I was approaching it with some caution and respectful fear.
Getting into the shave this evening I started with a warm wash, whipped up some of the delightful Menrock black Pomegranate cream and held a warm cloth around my face for a few seconds.
After applying a generous amount of lather to my cheeks, I set about the first pass.
With an ever so light approach, I stroked the razor across my face. Could I feel the blade? Yes, but not as much as I was expecting. But I hadn't got to that tricky part of my chin, the part that so often gets a nick or a slice when you least expect it. Well by the end of the first pass I had no war wounds. This little razor seemed to have a bark worse than its bite. I lathered up for the second pass XTG, and even added slightly more pressure and speed. Again an injury free pass and a lovely close shave. Even a little ATG pick up on the neck and under the chin had no ramifications.
So I thought, well it must have left some after burn surly. Out with the alum and only the neck and chin revealed any feedback.

Now granted, I was only using a mild Astra Green blade (first use) but I did expect it to put up a little more fight. I was pleasantly surprised.

Yes it's more aggressive in feeling to say my Gillette Slim Adjustable set on 5 (my normal go to) but not anything I would be afraid to use again.

I finished off with a splash of cold water and a good dashing of Nivea post shave Balm.

A delightful evening shave.

Sorry if I bored you all.

Razor: EJ 3one6 Knurled
Blade: Astra Green #1
Bowl: Small stoneware thingy
Cream: Menrock Black Pomegranate
Brush: Frank Shaving Butterscotch Badger
IMG_20220520_221342.jpg

E5306190-7C6B-4D24-B1F0-307FAB927B53.jpeg
SOTD: 20/05/2022

Razor: Mars Razor
Blade: Gillette Black 7 O’clock , 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Freedom Italian Flag 24mm Cashmere
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Shannon’s Soaps Mars Puck
Aftershave: Shannon’s Soaps Mars Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A lovely shave to end to the week. I love the Shannon’s base and the scent reminds me of my dad.
Have a great weekend guys!

First Shave with the EJ 3one6.

Firstly I would like to offer a huge 'Thank You' to the most kind and unbelievably generous @AlterEgo

As I have never shaved with a Stainless Steel Razor, I was looking forward to giving the above razor a whirl.
However after reading somewhat mixed reviews online, regarding its blade feel and to some, it's aggressiveness, I was approaching it with some caution and respectful fear.
Getting into the shave this evening I started with a warm wash, whipped up some of the delightful Menrock black Pomegranate cream and held a warm cloth around my face for a few seconds.
After applying a generous amount of lather to my cheeks, I set about the first pass.
With an ever so light approach, I stroked the razor across my face. Could I feel the blade? Yes, but not as much as I was expecting. But I hadn't got to that tricky part of my chin, the part that so often gets a nick or a slice when you least expect it. Well by the end of the first pass I had no war wounds. This little razor seemed to have a bark worse than its bite. I lathered up for the second pass XTG, and even added slightly more pressure and speed. Again an injury free pass and a lovely close shave. Even a little ATG pick up on the neck and under the chin had no ramifications.
So I thought, well it must have left some after burn surly. Out with the alum and only the neck and chin revealed any feedback.

Now granted, I was only using a mild Astra Green blade (first use) but I did expect it to put up a little more fight. I was pleasantly surprised.

Yes it's more aggressive in feeling to say my Gillette Slim Adjustable set on 5 (my normal go to) but not anything I would be afraid to use again.

I finished off with a splash of cold water and a good dashing of Nivea post shave Balm.

A delightful evening shave.

Sorry if I bored you all.

Razor: EJ 3one6 Knurled
Blade: Astra Green #1
Bowl: Small stoneware thingy
Cream: Menrock Black Pomegranate
Brush: Frank Shaving Butterscotch Badger
View attachment 88292
The 3one6 is a fantastic razor. Often overlooked. It's a very different shave to an 89 but a shave that I enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom