SOTD : Saturday 14th May - Friday 20th May 2022.

280394927_1072405526687057_805968759606165251_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Arko cool cream
Brush: 26mm Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Personna Platinum (3)

Quick runaround this morning. The Red One Silver is less sweet than some others in the range like Thunderbolt, and is pleasant enough. No longevity to it, which is fine by me today. 3 and out for the blade.

SOTD 20-May
20220513_142443.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Amphora' V13
Soap: MdC Fougère
Razor: Blackland Era SB (5)
Blade: GSB (3)

Time and time again I am impressed by MdC, sure its a relatively expensive soap but in the long run it is actually quite economical. I've used this a good few times and I've barely made it past the lip of the jar. If they attempted a couple of the more 'in vogue' scents I would most likely give them a bash despite the cost. Though saying, that with the production time, I can understand why they would stick with the tried and tested.

Much better with the Era SB for me, I'll give the OC another few tries, after that it's getting slung into storage.

Smooth and ready for the day ahead and more importantly the weekend. Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday:

Still using the slim with the Perma sharp blade, so at least 5 full outings and a bit of tidying up after the shavette on Sunday for the blade. I probably wouldn't want to do another shave, but I suppose if I had to, it would do better than some others out there anyway!

Signature Leodis has been used as soap and splash. Once I got it on, didn't want to switch it out. Enjoying it too much.

Have a great weekend all
Gary

Attachments

• IMG_20220520_083437__01.jpg
    IMG_20220520_083437__01.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 7
Fine Friday

Dosll82.png

Gillette ‘67 M2 Slim @6 / Polsilver Super Iridium
Elite Razor Fire and Ice 24mm Manchurian White Fan
Fine Accoutrements Platinum Shaving Soap & Aftershave

20 May

Signature Soaps Danum
PAA Amber Aerolite
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Danum splash

23089AF9-8400-4CA3-A6CD-0C7CD0A8039F.jpeg
A comfortable and close two pass shave to end the week with the EJ DE89. The Razorock stainless steel barber pole handle balances well with the head. The Danum soap and splash are exceptionally good.

20/05/2
Mug Soap and Mitchells May
Pre - Shower
Brush - Zenith 506 Copper 28mm
Soap - MWF
Razor - Karve Copper C SB
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Formula 1
Wk 20 (7).JPG
Very nice, tiny bits of dark patina developing on the copper Karve, not sure what to do , leave it and see how dark it goes or get the polish out?:unsure:
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

E2E394A7-F391-4BC8-9D72-1D29F9A64864.jpeg

What a wonderful shave

The Tedalus Essence is so smooth and the narrow spine allows for a flatter angle and a even closer shave than Feather AC DX

A&E Barbiere Sofisticato
Mühle Edition 2 Chinese Laquer STF
Tedalus Essence

Wishing all you gentlemen a nice weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
Rq86cDz.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: Abbate Y La Mantia Garibaldi
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna P74 (14)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Phoenix & Beau Iceni Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Boellis Panama 1924 EdT

First shave with an Abbate Y La Mantia soap. It is a croap of medium consistency. Two initial observations - it loads better direct from the tin rather than scooped, and the lather is very dense and relatively low profile, similar to the Barrister and Mann Reserve soap base. Once I had this sorted, I was most impressed with this soap. Very slick, good cushion, good glide, and good residual slickness, particularly for a vegetable oil-based soap. Post shave was excellent - very luxurious.
The scent is really nice - off the puck, I get fresh citrus and tobacco, with hint of the saltwater marine theme also evident. Once lathered, the tobacco note becomes more intense and slightly medicinal, which works brilliantly to balance the slightly sweet citrus notes. Masterful blending - the Italians are so good at this.
Also the first use of Phoenix & Beau Iceni aftershave lotion. I am a fan of Phoenix & Beau aftershave balms, but only recently have I got my hands on their aftershave lotions. It is a very nice product; refreshing and moisturising, and Iceni is a delightful scent. It reminds me of Pitralon Classic, but is more complex. What fragrance to complement the scents of the soap and aftershave? The choice to me was clear - Boellis Panama 1924.

What a great shave!

Fri 20th May

Stirling Syn 26mm
Ach Brito Mogno
Schick Type F
Schick S/S Single- Japan ( 4 )
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Though not overly aggressive, one can still get a good quality close finish with The F Type,it just takes a bit longer than with an E Type. So tactile it is a pleasure to wield throughout the Shave.

18E16460-3281-4A0E-97C5-319CA5902C04.jpeg

Friday AM 2022-05-20
National Be a Millionaire (or Just Feel Like One) Day
zK1yc9M.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3XL Porcelain Finest (30/52)
Los Jabones de Joserra Rodrigo de Jerez shaving soap
Paradigm Diamondback 2020
Wilkinson London Bridge (4)
Cigar Aficionado aftershave

The lather was a bit thin, and I would prefer that it had less 'perfume' scent and more tobacco aroma. But the Diamondback and blade were quite smooth, and the aftershave finished things up nicely.
DizM6lH.jpg

Back
Top Bottom