SOTD : Saturday 14th May - Friday 20th May 2022.

19 May

Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
PAA Amber Aerolite
Razorock Game Changer .68-P
Feather Hi-Stainless
Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu

681493C6-1F14-4BC4-978C-0EECF94BEE4C.jpeg
A pleasant two pass shave with a couple of pick ups today. I used the Pannacrema soap both as a lather and an aftershave, simply by using what lather remained on the brush on my face, rather than washing it down the plug hole. I was left with the wonderful scent of the Blu and a comfortable face.

IMG_0958.jpg

A couple of interesting points from this shave. I have a busy weekend coming up and was putting off shaving until tomorrow, but after 5 days I simply had to have a shave. Although I had the kit in this photo looked out, I thought I might swap the razor for something a bit more aggressive. But having seen Kevy Shaves' video with his Rockwell 6S last night, I stuck to the plan and had an excellent shave on my usual plate 4.

It easily dispensed with my whiskers and did so without fuss, pain, annoyance or grief even with a new Shark blade. So the first interesting point is that after such a magnificent shave, you ask yourself, “Why do I need any of those other razors, this does all I need.” While that’s certainly true, I think we know the answer to the question…

The second point is also a question. When will my LEA shave stick run out?

As you can see it’s severely depleted compared to a new one, but today’s lathering was accomplished after only a couple of swipes with the stick and the Semogue whipped it up a treat. I only ask, as I have three under the sink...

Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Shark Chrome (1)
Soap: LEA Shave Stick
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Pre-shave: None
Post-shave: Trumper’s Lime Cologne
Bowl: Face Lather

2EC5BDD6-AD4E-43FB-B1D9-44E5509B4E17.jpeg
SOTD: 19/05/2022

Razor: Henson AL13
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Crown King Switchback 400
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Monte Carlo Croap
Aftershave: A&E Monte Carlo Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

I wasn’t sure how I’d get on with the Henson Mild as it’s a light aluminium razor which I’ve not been a fan of so far in my experience. I was 50:50 about buying it but it was a @Mr.Draper87 bargain! I needn’t have worried though, the angle and blade exposure is unique and it definitely feels well engineered so much so I feels nearly impossible to nick yourself with it. I loved it, I managed to find a decent angle fairly quickly and BBS with ease! It’s in and I’m finally ready to move the Twig out I think.
Enjoy the day guys.

Thursday AM 2022-05-19
National Notebook Day
N08tNMv.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3 Porcelain Finest (26/54)
Ethos Grooming Succès shaving soap
Carbon Shaving Adamas
Wilkinson London Bridge (3)
Bleu de Chanel aftershave
Ppl3zjj.jpg

Fri 20 SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor AC Kamisori
Blade Feather Professional 5th
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Stirling Iced Pineapple Splash
A very nice soap for me!! The lather was perfectly rich, creamy, and very slick together with a sweet invigorating scent & cooling sensation...
Today's pairing with the razor and blade was just an easy, swift, smooth, and very comfortable shave session. 3passes without any issues for a dfs+ finish. The aftershaves were perfect for an oven-hot day...
20220520_095731.jpg

Back
Top Bottom