SOTD: Saturday 14th July - Friday 20th July 2018.

Yaqi Mysterious Space
Rockwell 6S
Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum (1)
TTFFC Let It GO
Nivea 2 Phase & Floid Mentolado Vigoroso

A late shave today after a morning and afternoon in the garden, nice and refreshing with a good amount of menthol. Tried setting 1 for a change, a wee bit mild for my tastes 2-4 seem to be my sweet spot.

Lida Glycerine Soap
Grapeseed Shaving Oil with additional EO's
Mondial Antica Barberia Original Citrus shaving soap
Plissoft Brush
Schick Type L with Japanese Schick Injector II blade/Gillette Mach3
Alum
Witch Hazel lotion
Proraso
Rosewater
L'Occitane Citrus Verbena EDT

Last edited:
Sotd - yesterday - Saturday 14/07/18

Razor - Gem MicroMatic Open Comb brass
blade - ER Corrux (1)
brush - Yaqi High Mountain White 24mm
soap - Vreto Cigars & Cognac
post - witch hazel
a/s - Williams Aqua Velva
balm - Floid
scent - Creed Bois de Portugal parfum.

Result - just lovely.

There has been a lot of ER/Gem love about here in the last week or so - it seemed churlish not to join in - I hadn't picked up this razor for a while - no idea why. It is faultless - gorgeous to look at - heavy in the hand - perfectly balanced and beautifully engineered. When you have mounted the blade and you screw the lid down - it closes over and at the last gasp the top plate retracts a couple of millimeters to optimum position. Sweet. I have found - with this type of razor - the ones I own or have used - a progression of assertiveness - I prefer to not use the description aggressive - it just puts people off for no readily apparent reason - starting off with the American 1912 - thence to the British version - next the MM Open comb - finally the Streamline - the last station before the terminus at Cobra Junction - where you change trains. The brass MMOC gives me an incredibly close shave - over 24 hours later I am still visually clean shaven. I do - always pay attention when using it - this is no Schick O Type - that you can gaily toss around your face without thinking. @Palmolive fox - you should put the MMOC on your shopping list. The Yaqi High Mountain White just gets better and better - face lathering with a cloud on a stick - have me lowered nose first into a wall of the softest badger I have yet experienced. Nice big chunky handle - there is nothing I could fault this brush on - not lost a single hair in use. Astonishingly good value for money. So job done - enjoy yours one and all - yours - I.

Oh - careful what you wish for. I remember bitching about the heat quite a lot recently - tonight the weather broke in Glasgow - it was pissing down. Warm rain granted - but still hootering down none the less. I was on my way to meet my other half for cocktails and walked through the park - the smell was incredible - parched soil and vegetation getting wet for the first time in weeks - it was intoxicating - I don't know how to desribe it adequately - earthy - fecund - organic - the smell of soil underneath your finger nails when you were a kid? Do you get shaving soap that is similarly scented? The only thing I could think of was Barrister and Mann - Roam. Not that I have used it - just going on the description of it. Either way - I will enjoy the change in the weather - shortly I will be in Malaga - where it was 40 in the shade today. Fear not - I know how to deal with this sort of situation - keep your fluid levels up with ice cold beer.

Sunday 15th July

YaqI 24mm Tuxedo Marble Handle
Palmolive Stick
Rockwell 6C plate 3
Astra SP (3)
Witch Hazel
Blue Stratos ASL

Simple set up to finish a long day travelling home to the East Midlands after visiting family in West London and Essex.

If Palmolive had more of a scent I would definitely use it more. It's got everything else going for it.
Astra blades, I find are good for three good uses before being binned.
Blue Stratos to finish and I feel refreshed.

Greetings, Iain.
B&M's Petrichor has been described as very earthy, along the lines you describe. Others that spring to mind are Chiseled Face Summer Storm and L&L Grooming After The Rain.
Cheers, T.

Bay Rum shave today - nanny's hard-soap mixed with bay rum EO, bay rum aftershave, bay rum oil as moisturiser, guard, semogue brush.

phenomenal shave - this soap creates such a thick lather it's wonderful. i know there are a lot of great soaps out there but if you haven't tried nanny's hard soap you are missing out. it lasts forever as well

Sun 15th July
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Speick Classic Cream
Schick Type F
Schick S/S Single - Japan [ 13 ]
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

With plenty of time for a nice leisurely Sunday Shave I again chose the Type F. The Razor choice was not a mistake, but not changing the blade was. I completed the Shave without mishap, but as the blade was past its best the quality of the finished Shave was sub par.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tag. I shall consider adding a MMOC to my SE razor collection in the near future,at the moment though, i'm getting sheer enjoyment out of my ER 1912 (USA),1914 (Brass) and soon to be added a 1912(British) bought for me yesterday by a mate ,at my local car boot sale for £4.00.
Enjoy Malaga, and the much needed rain to un-parch Glasgow , it'll cool things down to a more acceptable heat. Regards. B

Last edited:

~SOTD~

Prep ~ Shower, Valbora Glicerlanolina soap
Razor ~ Ever-Ready 1912 Sun Ray
Soap ~ Speick Stick
Blade ~ Ever-Ready Corrux Stropping blade
Brush ~ Cadman- Bell handle Silvertip
Post ~ Vitos tobacco aftershave
Scent ~ Aqua Classica La Colonia- Borsari, Parma

A good clean shave, the ER 1912 works perfectly with this blade, the Speick soap stick lathered up nicley with the aid of my Cadman Silvertip, the result was a smooth BBS finnish. A splash of Vitos aftershave and a good aplication of Aqua Classica, just perfect for this hot sticky weather we've been having.

Have a nice day People.......P.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 5
I love that earthy smell after the rain on soil or grassland, it's very hard for me to discribe it but it's wonderful. Enjoy your trip to Malaga. P.