SOTD : Saturday 14th August to Friday 20th August 2021

SOTD 19-Aug
DSC02095.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: Lemon Drop 26mm TGN Boar
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Pearl Flexi
Blade: Gillette Blue Silver (2)

Grand shave this morning, took the razor a little further this morning. Started at 5 and still a smooth shave, manage to catch my chin (got a little blasé) but nothing major. Finish was excellent helped along by Tabac and the boar.

Still early days but happy enough with the flexi, be interested to see how it holds up over time.

Hope everyone has a cracking day.

Cheers

Marc

HGZhtTi.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Wholly Kaw La Fougère Parfaite
Razor: Merkur Mergress (2)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Reuzel Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Phoenix and Beau Right Handed Giant Aftershave Lotion

I really enjoyed this shave - got my Faberge Brut Mojo on!

19 August

SV 70th Anniversary
Semogue SOC
Rex Ambassador (2)
Feather Hi-stainless
SV 70th Anniversary asl

9DB587EE-B4F8-4F99-922D-D935AEA71867.jpeg

Superb close and comfortable two pass shave this morning, but, unfortunately, for the second day running failed to load enough soap into the badger brush and had a thin lather on the second pass. I seem to have become too used to the ways of synthetic brushes and lost my touch with the badger.

19/8/21

Brush - Yaqi 26mm Fan Tuxedo/Mysterious Blue Handle
Soap - Arko Hydrate Cream
Razor - Gillette Flat Bottom Tech
Blade - Polish Polsilver (10)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

3rd shave with the Arko Hydrate cream, I'm really liking it. It's got a very nice mild fougere scent to it, it's not the slickest cream out there or has the most cushion but is a nice no nonsense kind of product.
I had a few days of growth and the blade left behind a little more growth than I like, but it's an acceptable shave nonetheless.

Have a good day gents.

Thur 19th August

Stirling Syn 26mm
Tabac soap
Occams Oren- 3 dot plate
Feather Proguard ( 3 )
Tabac A/S Lotion

This quite light Razor is quite a revelation as I do not normally like lighter Razors. However, I find that no undue pressure is required to make it work as one might expect, it is very efficient yet not aggressive.Using the Tabac today meant that with a great lather, a quality Shave was assured.

FB341DC6-E73C-4FC1-9AEE-D7C6154177DE.jpeg

20210819_122933.jpg
SOTD 19th Aug
Pre - PAA Cube
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Soap - A&E Socal Hipster
Razor - Rockwell 6c R3
Blade - Rockwell Swedish SS #1
Post - Barts Balm Bergamot & Vanilla

A solid set up to ease my concerns of this blade(of which I received 100 when I bought the Rose 6C).
Everything came together nicely for this shave. The 6C ALWAYS delivers regardless of the blade - a fine tool for reducing stubble. Brush and soap provided a sumptuous lather - think the soap is probably the one from my Den I couldn't be without now. Its scent (very close second only to P&B Sanskrit) and performance are both exemplary. Barts finished this shave off beautifully- again, Barts Balm perform so, so well. 3 passes for an easily obtained DFS. Very nice indeed.
Take care all.

19/08/21
Pre - Shower
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap - OSP Dark Matter
Razor - 6S Plate #4
Blade - Rapira SS (3)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - BartsBalm Tester H
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin
View attachment 75613
Stay safe and enjoy your Day All
Nice looking brush handle! Too bad it's got badger fuzz in it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom