SOTD Saturday 13th to Friday 19th August 2016

Yup...I honestly didn't think I would ever use any of my (100) Derby's again...they were simply too mild in my EJ89, but it seemed to work a treat in the FB.
I didn't think i would use my Derby's up either, until i got my Muhle R41..the combo is brilliant,.."We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." -- Albert Einstein. Regards.

I didn't think i would use my Derby's up either, until i got my Muhle R41..the combo is brilliant,.."We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." -- Albert Einstein. Regards.
A much under rated blade but seem to work well in certain types of razor, I used to put them in my R41 with good results untill I sold it to make room for another razor.

Fri 19th Aug

Stirling Synthetic 26mm
MWF
Schick B1
Schick "Chick " [ 4 ]
Alum rub/Rinse
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

A cautious shave , as not sure blade is retained in the head securely. In fact had to straighten it up after a few strokes, as it was not aligned properly. Found it to be a mild shaver, and got reasonable results on Cheek/Chin area, but not too clever around the neck. Whatever happened to the scheduled 1914 Shave.

Semogue Selected Silvertip Prototype shaving brush / Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes shaving cream / UFO Goliath handle + MÜHLE R89 head + Treet Dura-Sharp blade / Mennen Green Tonic aftershave lotion

I am searching for a shaving cream scented lime but this Trueffit & Hill does´t like me. It has a bitter smell.

A very interesting picture.

Took it easy today, after the BBS from the Schick G8 Injector yesterday (q.v). Mild, 2 pass shave with the 1912. This SE deal really is good; I can hear rumblings of jealousy from the DE sisters as they look balefully on the Schick and Ever Ready...

Pre: Shower and Clinique Charcoal Face Wash; Proraso E & M pre-shave
Brush: Semogue 1470
Soap: The Fat, the whole Fat and nothing but the Fat
Razor: 1912 Ever Ready SE
Blade: Gem #1
Post: alum block, Thayer's Rose and Aloe Vera Witch Hazel, Proraso Green a/s and a touch of the Proraso pre-shave.
Fragrance: Dior Homme
Music: Steve Reich: Music for 18 Musicians

Cold water rinse for the blade and facial rinsing between passes. I've been trying this approach for a wee while, during what passes for summer. In colder climes, I'll revert to warm rinses and compare the results.

I wouldn't normally use the pre-shave afterwards, as it can be a bit chalky; however, when applied just after the aftershave, it blends nicely. Cools the area where I sometimes have very slight irritation (sides of the neck adjacent to the Adam's apple) and wards off (well, minimises) any small red bumps.

Weekend's nearly here; have a great one, folks.

S.

Last edited:
Castle Forbes? Crabtree & Evelyn?

Thursday 19th
Chinese Silvertip Fibre
OSP - Fougere
Standard
Rapira Swedish Super steel #6
Alum
Duru Lemon Cologne/Alcolado Glacial blend
Neutrogena Comfort Balm
Al Rehab - Dakar EDP

One of my favourite OSP soaps coupled with one of my favourite DE / blade combos resulted in a stellar shave this afternoon.

Good shaves everyone !!!