SOTD : Saturday 13 August - Friday 19 August 2022.

Mon 15th August

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
Ach Brito Mogno
ER 1912
Gem S/S ( 1 )
Alcolado Glacial A/S splash

A nice forgiving Shave as managed to avoid aggravating a couple of insect bites I got over the Weekend. Went easy on the affected areas, but in the main the overall finish was excellent.

E9455D60-9CB9-4C99-8860-193ABB8169CD.jpeg

Monday AM 2022-08-15
The Woodstock Music Festival opened on this date in 1969, Max Yasgur farm, Bethel, NY
jOWtYHR.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/48)
Acqua di Parma Colonia soft shaving soap (original)
Paradigm 17-4/UFO Common Bar
Wilkinson London Bridge (1)
Acqua di Genova 1853 aftershave (vintage)
s2l9GZL.jpg

Razor = Gillette C King
Blade = Gillette C King ( 1 )
Brush = C&H 26mm V 15 Fanchurian
Cream = Cella Bakewell Tart
with matching splash & balm
3BD9C9EB-2BCF-4150-AD71-FFEFDEEFFCF2.pngWell what a surprise
A first for me with this Razor and i have to say i’m pleasantly surprised, i mean i didn’t know what to expect & i didn’t think it would be bad but didn’t think it would be this good either,
same with the blade, i genuinely thought this would be hopeless but again i really enjoyed it,
iv certainly had a lot worse for sure.
Overall a wonderful 3 pass shave
Stay Safe Guys

Monday 15th August

AL9nZEXiSvN-i58GFKMLjVS6CenWHVk4nB2WuqUeg8C7hb0HQ_hvTbcrtmQk3WbYIH82V0ghQ3dMNQuGGIA5bb6u6q-j4MbG4-YKHJHTnPOb3lSX5ASUEUjrnNHVo8QztMX0-jeZ2fq60f5dPnwOi97I_otDuQ=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Culmak (Vintage) Shaving Bowl
HJM Professional w/G5B Synthetic 24mm
Gillette Fusion Flexball Limited Edition & GIllette Fusion ProGlide (6)
Pinaud Clubman Original Aftershave Lotion

I'm sure I like this Culmak shaving soap but I use it so infrequently that it barely registers when I do. So, let's use it for a week. Tonight, a super, thick and slick lather was produced with the scrubby G5B fibre and a lather that worked well with the cartridge format, not clogging the blades ... which a thick traditional soap lather often can.

I think I'll enjoy this setup for the week.

SOTD : 16th August 2022.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap
Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl
Lather : Vitos Vegetale Shaving Soap.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D3)
Razor: Baili BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ P&G Old Spice Original ASL./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave.

The Vitos Vegetale soap lathers up superbly provides a slick protective thick lather with a wonderful vibrant marzipan/sweet almond scent with a small hint of coconut oil which lasts throughout the shave and beyond leaving a superb post shave feel.

The Baili BD177 (super-speed clone) is an incredibly good razor each and every shave that I've had with it has been consistently comfortable and good. Today yet again, was no exception.

Another wonderful 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
29D0B23C-7745-4048-893C-A0B6622F5DBD.jpeg
SOTD: 15/08/2022

Razor: Stando Chors and Rockwell 6s plate 4
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Bali Silvertip Badger
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive
Soap: Proraso Red Cream
Balm: Taylor’s Of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A first shave with my newly gifted Proraso Red, I’ve not found a Proraso I haven’t liked and this was no exception, an excellent lather and welcome addition to the collection. The Yaqi Bali may actually get me to reconsider my Synthetic addiction as it’s great, thick and dense and soft, plus it creates an amazing lather. The Chors was up against the 6s on plate 4 and didn’t miss a beat. It absolutely held its own, but by the end of the shave the 6s felt smoother and marginally more efficient. However come the evening the Stando side was smoother and less stubbily so I’m calling it a draw. I love the handle on this razor, it provides a great grip and the pill like scoops are amazing as is the sandblast finish. It makes it easy to find just the right hand position and point of balance for the head. I’m going to run it out on its own tomorrow before moving on to the final loaner! Many thanks again to @slapo
Edit no idea why I posted this in acquisitions yesterday!

Back
Top Bottom