SOTD Saturday 12th Sept to Friday 18th Sept 2020

Date:- 17 September 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Silver Blue #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

17/09/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Simpson Duke 3
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor: Rockwell Model T #3
Blade: Treet 7 Days (3)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Nik Stick, Alum, TC Bay Rum Splash #1
Balm: Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC

Wk38 (6) Thurs.JPG
Its All about the "Fat"
I decided to use the "Fat" today as the debate rages again!
The Simpson was soaked in warm water, the face was given a splash of warm water but the soap was NOT bloomed, i shook out the brush quite vigorously so it was just damp, i loaded the brush for about 30 seconds until the creamy goodness was visible on the top of the soap, at no time did it foam, with the brush i lifted as much of the mixed creamy soap from the dish and went straight to the face to build the lather. In no time i had a very thick, slick covering, i set the brush aside, picked up the razor, checked it over, reset it to #3 before starting and at no time did the lather look as though it was going to dissipate.
1st pass was easy enough, a quick rinse of the face then i started with the second face lather, swirling and moving around the face then painting the lather to smooth it out for another nice thick covering. 2nd Pass was another easy pass and could have very easily stopped there - DFS+, however, this is a trial run, after another rinse i started to lather on the face again , this time i barley touched the tips in the water and started again, the lather did not seem to be building as much, easy, i squeezed the soap from the base of the brush to the top then painted that on, 3 very nice coverings, i completed a final pass for a very very close shave, as the aftershave would tell me later.
The blade is done after 3 shaves, why call it 7 Days is a mystery to me but there you go.

So i find the "Fat" easy to lather and slick with great post shave feel.

PS, i am from a hard water area.

Feeling and smelling good.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
A close friend is currently working on the predictive modelling of a second outbreak of Covid for the Scottish government - they were given free access - to anonymised - results from Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England. Problem was - they had to rule out the English results - they were so flawed - not fit for purpose. False negatives - and - false positives galore - testing not to industry standard. The data was useless. - I.
It's no surprise that since the Brexit debacle and now a Boris Johnson government being run by 'No-accountability Cummings', I am embarrassed and ashamed to be English. If it were at all possible, I would vote for England to become part of Scotland, where there is a leader with two things this government seems to be devoid of: basic common sense and decency! (Rant over)

OK...political ranting over...this afternoon's shave was my first use of GFT Eucris. I had great hopes for this but here are my conclusions:

Fragrance: Excellent and pervasive, very traditional, Victorian or 'gothic'...I won't need air freshener in the bathroom for the rest of the day:)

Performance: Poor. Seemed to lather well but it dissipated very quickly and provided little cushion. Nowhere near what I expected from GFT :(

I'm glad I didn't fork out for the bowl as well...just bought a refill.

I thought I'd try and capture it's gothic scent in my photo:

EucrisFinal.jpg

Have a good day all(y)

OK...political ranting over...this afternoon's shave was my first use of GFT Eucris. I had great hopes for this but here are my conclusions:

Fragrance: Excellent and pervasive, very traditional, Victorian or 'gothic'...I won't need air freshener in the bathroom for the rest of the day:)

Performance: Poor. Seemed to lather well but it dissipated very quickly and provided little cushion. Nowhere near what I expected from GFT :(

I'm glad I didn't fork out for the bowl as well...just bought a refill.

I thought I'd try and capture it's gothic scent in my photo:

View attachment 59539

Have a good day all(y)
The soaps seem to get poor reviews but the cream is really good

Thursday 17th September
Alpha Outlaw - Eco Warrior Bergamot & Lime - Pal Injectomatic - Personna SSC #2 - Williams Aqua Velva A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
zbYDP42.jpg

Thanks to the enablers (you know who you are) I've just had an excellent shave with this British soap. £4 from Amazon.
Easy loading from the bar, it produced loads of lovely creamy lather, taking a lot of water in the process. The slickness was pretty good too.
A lovely lime scent was very apparent throughout the shave.
I'm so impressed!!!
I might try it stick wise next shave.

this afternoon's shave was my first use of GFT Eucris. I had great hopes for this but here are my conclusions:
Have a good day all(y)

It seems GFT soaps in general are more problematic than a duff MWF puck.

That sounds ideal mate - gets the tatts on show - say nothing - look vaguely dangerous - job done - you have passed your first module on how to be Glaswegian - I'll send you your certificate. Nobody will suspect a thing. :cool:

Joking aside - sounds like you are doing everything right - problem is - at this time of year - you are going to see 'normal' flu and colds kicking in - twelve months ago - we wouldn't have thought twice about it. Times have changed though.

If your throat is bad - I give you my patent hot toddy recipe - it will help and you'll sleep.

Take a large glass -

half fill it with whisky - the cheaper the better - anything blended will do

add -

the juice of two freshly squeezed lemons - or limes - if you are feeling exotic
two or three tea spoons of honey
about an inch of fresh ginger root - grated into the glass

top up with - warm - but not boiling water. Stir well. Drink. Go to sleep.

Take care mate - I.
Wow. Do you know my grandmother (long gone)? This was her surefire cold-fighting cure-all as well.

I was hoping the soap was good because I was looking for a new hard soap puck to put in one of my prized Boots soap dishes...if the performance of Eucris soap matched its fragrance then it would definitely be a winner. Guess I'll have to keep looking...but in the meantime that scent is enough for me to pull the trigger on Eucris cream! (y) (I hope that's enough to coax a smiley out of you Chris to make up for the sad face on my post! ;):))

Thursday, a little closer than Wednesday to the weekend but not quite there yet! Autopilot shave was needed so the Gillette Rocket HD which has patiently been waiting its turn got called up. Loaded up with a Gillette Rubie.

RazoRock Saturnia was the soap of the day with the matching AS. Powerful scent but I love it and as Fall approaches next week it's perfect for this time of year in my opinion.

Lovely three pass BBS shave with no muss or fuss. Clean smooth and comfortable. Alum block indicated nothing at all which with the Rocket HD is to be expected! Topped it off with a healthy spritz of Bvlgari Man. Well that was quite a nice shave indeed. Enjoy your day and your shave! Stay safe.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Rocket HD 500 1955-56
Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum
Brush: APShave Co. 24mm Silk Smoke
Lather: RazoRock Saturnia
Aftershave: RazoRock Saturnia
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Bvlgari Man
72E003F7-5EB6-4F4A-8F32-6E2F15053D1E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom