SOTD Saturday 12th Sept to Friday 18th Sept 2020

SOTD : 17th September 2020.

24.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Nivea Men ~ DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap + Wilko Men's shave Oil.

Brush : Turkish Unbranded Boar.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Lather : Arko Fresh Shaving Cream.

Blade: Centwin SP. (4)

Razor: 1950's Ball End Gillette Tech. (US)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint, lavender eucalyptus, +Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Tobacco Cologne.

Creightons ~ Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

The Ball End Gillette Tech / Centwin SP paired together superbly resulting in another pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

The Centwin SP blade has excelled itself throughout the week feeling smooth and efficient with each shave...I feel as though i could quite easily get another 1-2 shaves from this blade, but i will retire it, as i still have enough blades to reaquaint myself with that i've only used on odd occasions.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Creightons ~ Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

That's absurd P. - can you do a passable Scottish accent? - head up here and you'll get a test next day. Until you know - you really should't be at your work. Cheers - I.

It really is quite absurd, Iain

It seems that with Mr Johnson advising 'everyone' to get tested, all testing slots have been taken.

Passable Scottish accent ? - my voice at the moment is so gruff, that I could pass for Captain Caveman !!! - alas, my impersonation skills are not too reliable !

I had no choice but call in sick this morning - as I work in a customer facing role, (visiting different sites from food factories to care homes, I doubt I would've made it through the front door of many.
Lots of our customers are taking track and trace very seriously (and rightly so), and temperature checks on arrival to site.

To be honest, I'm quite sure at the least I have a heavy cold, but I'm now getting aches, suggesting it's likely to be flu.
Either way, I have two symptoms of CovId (persistent cough and a high temperature), which may or may not put others at risk.

Saturday's tattoo appointment has been cancelled (my tattooist is vulnerable. having a heart condition and is in his 60's)

We usually have our 21 month old grandson overnight on Friday and all day Saturday, which will now not be happening (much to my wife's dismay !)

I'll keep trying to get a CovId test, but I won't be holding my breath !

That's absurd P. - can you do a passable Scottish accent? - head up here and you'll get a test next day. Until you know - you really should't be at your work. Cheers - I.
It really is quite absurd, Iain

It seems that with Mr Johnson advising 'everyone' to get tested, all testing slots have been taken.

Passable Scottish accent ? - my voice at the moment is so gruff, that I could pass for Captain Caveman !!! - alas, my impersonation skills are not too reliable !

I had no choice but call in sick this morning - as I work in a customer facing role, (visiting different sites from food factories to care homes, I doubt I would've made it through the front door of many.
Lots of our customers are taking track and trace very seriously (and rightly so), and temperature checks on arrival to site.

To be honest, I'm quite sure at the least I have a heavy cold, but I'm now getting aches, suggesting it's likely to be flu.
Either way, I have two symptoms of CovId (persistent cough and a high temperature), which may or may not put others at risk.

Saturday's tattoo appointment has been cancelled (my tattooist is vulnerable. having a heart condition and is in his 60's)

We usually have our 21 month old grandson overnight on Friday and all day Saturday, which will now not be happening (much to my wife's dismay !)

I'll keep trying to get a CovId test, but I won't be holding my breath !

Dido Harding - who could have foreseen this issue coming? The situation would be laughable if it wasn't so serious and another layer of corruption and incompetence.

I'll stop now before I drive this in to politics - rant over.

Passable Scottish accent ? - my voice at the moment is so gruff, that I could pass for Captain Caveman !!!
That sounds ideal mate - gets the tatts on show - say nothing - look vaguely dangerous - job done - you have passed your first module on how to be Glaswegian - I'll send you your certificate. Nobody will suspect a thing. :cool:

Joking aside - sounds like you are doing everything right - problem is - at this time of year - you are going to see 'normal' flu and colds kicking in - twelve months ago - we wouldn't have thought twice about it. Times have changed though.

If your throat is bad - I give you my patent hot toddy recipe - it will help and you'll sleep.

Take a large glass -

half fill it with whisky - the cheaper the better - anything blended will do

add -

the juice of two freshly squeezed lemons - or limes - if you are feeling exotic
two or three tea spoons of honey
about an inch of fresh ginger root - grated into the glass

top up with - warm - but not boiling water. Stir well. Drink. Go to sleep.

Take care mate - I.

Thu 17 SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Summer Fig
Bowl Turkish Copper
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor RazoRock German 37 Slant
Blade Starke Premium 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Scent from lather is strong and nice.
Shave with razor paired with blade was ok. Quite smooth and comfortable. Efficiency was ok acceptable. 3+1 passes and between bbs to dfs. Good post and aftershave. Rating 9/10
20200917_113435.jpg

Easier said than done, it seems . . . I've just tried on the Government website - no slots available until beyond 10th October
I got a covid test about a month ago - the test site technician told me that there were "problems" with the way samples were being handled by the lab. It looks like the labs are overwhelmed and the contracts with the private sector to organise the lab tesing havent been thought through. NHS labs could have dealt with this but have been sidelined in favour of private companies. It needs sorting ASAP because winter is nearly here.

I got a covid test about a month ago - the test site technician told me that there were "problems" with the way samples were being handled by the lab. It looks like the labs are overwhelmed and the contracts with the private sector to organise the lab tesing havent been thought through. NHS labs could have dealt with this but have been sidelined in favour of private companies. It needs sorting ASAP because winter is nearly here.
A close friend is currently working on the predictive modelling of a second outbreak of Covid for the Scottish government - they were given free access - to anonymised - results from Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England. Problem was - they had to rule out the English results - they were so flawed - not fit for purpose. False negatives - and - false positives galore - testing not to industry standard. The data was useless. - I.

17/9/20

Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 24mm
Soap - Signature Soaps Eboracum Peppermint & Cedarwood
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Astra SP (8)
AS - Akcay Tobacco

I have a slightly different lathering technique for my tubs of SS soap, I take out a small pea sized worth of soap and load to it to my brush via a soap lid before building the lather to my face. Even though I used a small pea's worth, within a bit of time building the lather it was clear I had loaded far too much soap and would have enough lather for about 5 passes! What a lather it produced as well. I've been using some 'classics' for a while, eg Tabac/MWF which produce superb lathers for sure, and I've been really satisfied using them for performance and it was an educational experience to use them as they kind of set up a lot of benchmarks either for performance or post shave feel. Whilst using the SS Ebocarum soap today, I'd say it's lather has exceptional cushion/slickness up there or better than the ones I hold to be my favourites, and the post shave really is exceptional. Something which was a pleasant surprise is how well considered the Cedar and Peppermint scent profile was, I really enjoyed the scent of it for the duration the lather was on my face.

A great shave today.

Have a good day chaps.

17/9/20

Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 24mm
Soap - Signature Soaps Eboracum Peppermint & Cedarwood
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Astra SP (8)
AS - Akcay Tobacco

I have a slightly different lathering technique for my tubs of SS soap, I take out a small pea sized worth of soap and load to it to my brush via a soap lid before building the lather to my face. Even though I used a small pea's worth, within a bit of time building the lather it was clear I had loaded far too much soap and would have enough lather for about 5 passes! What a lather it produced as well. I've been using some 'classics' for a while, eg Tabac/MWF which produce superb lathers for sure, and I've been really satisfied using them for performance and it was an educational experience to use them as they kind of set up a lot of benchmarks either for performance or post shave feel. Whilst using the SS Ebocarum soap today, I'd say it's lather has exceptional cushion/slickness up there or better than the ones I hold to be my favourites, and the post shave really is exceptional. Something which was a pleasant surprise is how well considered the Cedar and Peppermint scent profile was, I really enjoyed the scent of it for the duration the lather was on my face.

A great shave today.

Have a good day chaps.
Thank you for your feedback, it's greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom