SOTD : Saturday 12th June to Friday 18th June 2021.

Doing a live shave on YouTube later today (6pm), but a spoiler alert (and I don't mean the blade...) of what I'll be using... and we’ll find out if the hype surrounding the soap is justified…

Løthur Grooming Calm ; RazoRock 400 24mm Black Synthetic ; Gillette Rocket HD 500 (1953) ; Feather Hi-Stainless (3) ; Giles Shaving Co. Pedestal Bowl

210613-SOTD.jpg

Prep: Shower with pears soap and Paa cube
Pre: PAA cube

Soap: Wickhams Soap Company Super Smooth Sandalwood

Brush: Razorock hulk

Razor: Pearl Flexi

Blade: Gillette Sputnik

Post: Alum, Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and Baxter’s aftershave balm.

A great soap lather, used the hulk as I think the pot I just bought is a little old as I’m not sure this version of Wickhams is available any more but shouldn’t have worried a few swirls had the lather pouring over the sides of the pot with this brush! Just two passes today needed with the Pearl and had a great shave. Forgot how much of a fan of the Flexi I am. Currently it my second favourite razor after the leaf in my collection.

Attachments

• BFC7A742-F588-47CB-9879-B3003E336E90.jpeg
    BFC7A742-F588-47CB-9879-B3003E336E90.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 3
Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 13th June 2021

Shave Score 9.75/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower / Baxter’s Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: Goodfellas - Lemon & Mint
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: RR GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: Bluebeards Revenge (2)
Post Shave ASL: Speick
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

The same amazing result with the blade today as yesterday, this so far is my #1 blade out of 24 different blades I own, cant wait to try the Personna Tomy et al to see if I can confirm if its the same as one of those blades :)

Super close shave, zero nicks/burn and FF/BBS, the closest I can recall for a while.

Have a great weekend all.

Joe

20C5553A-6649-442C-BE47-4D39A7A4454C.jpeg

13 June

Signature Soaps Hibernia
Semogue SOC 2 band
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

View attachment 71623

What a wonderful way to spend fifteen minutes!
Good to see the ASD1 getting some love don’t see them often in the SoTd’s I know @Blademonkey gives his a run out sometimes..the ASD2 was my first DE we will never be parted and I would like to add the WSD2 at some point

Sotd-13-06-21.jpg

Yesterday afternoon -

razor - ATT Calypso alu - R plate
blade - Gillette Yellow (? - this is getting silly now, I swear the pixies are changing the blades at night to fresh ones)
brush - Frank Shaving 22mm two-band
soap - MT Black Beer No.1 paste
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Balsamica
scent - Homme de Caron edt.

I think I'm probably in a minority, as a Glaswegian and Scot who loathes football in all of its forms. If it happens somewhere else I'm happy to ignore it but when it impacts on my safety and daily life - that pisses me off. The current Euro thing - in design - would be a bad enough idea at the best of times - let's require a huge amount of unnecessary air travel - but bolted onto a world-wide effort to stem Covid, it is insane. The city council have set up a 'fanzone' in Glasgow Green, capacity 6,000 and ticketed but - get this - the people attending don't need to prove that they have been vaccinated or tested. In addition there will be four games at the national stadium - capacity limited to 12,000 - which is slap-bang in the middle of the two postcodes that have the highest Delta variant rates in Scotland. I know - I live in one of them. This would be funny if it wasn't so stupid. Glasgow has had, as much as anywhere in the UK, a long hard lock-down and to jeopardise it to feed the maw of corporate greed is indefensible. Don't even start me on the climate conference later this year in the city - 90% of the people attending will have flown from abroad - to talk about? Climate change - you really haven't thought this through have you? The rest of us have to use Zoom or Teams - why don't you? Anyway - nothing to do with shaving other than lavender and rosemary scents will be featuring heavily in my rotation for the foreseeable - I find them very relaxing. I'm going to need all the help I can get. Shave well - one and all - yours - I.

Last edited:
I don't blame you for venting Iain

As you say, Glasgow isn't the place for mass gatherings at this time.
I'm surprised Nicola hasn't pushed harder against it? (No pun intended) !

It's on par with holding the G7 Summit at Carbis Bay - just about as far away from a motorway as is possible in the uk. Whichever fuckwit came up with that idea needs his bollocks shaving with an R41 by Stevie Wonder.
Let alone the disruption It's causing for the poor residents.

View attachment 71628

Yesterday afternoon -

razor - ATT Calypso alu - R plate
blade - Gillette Yellow (? - this is getting silly now, I swear the pixies are changing the blades at night to fresh ones)
brush - Frank Shaving 22mm two-band
soap - MT Black Beer No.1 paste
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Balsamica
scent - Homme de Caron edt.

I think I'm probably in a minority, as a Glaswegian and Scot who loathes football in all of its forms. If it happens somewhere else I'm happy to ignore it but when it impacts on my safety and daily life - that pisses me off. The current Euro thing - in design - would be a bad enough idea at the best of times - let's require a huge amount of unnecessary air travel - but bolted onto a world-wide effort to stem Covid, it is insane. The city council have set up a 'fanzone' in Glasgow Green, capacity 6,000 and ticketed but - get this - the people attending don't need to prove that they have been vaccinated or tested. In addition there will be four games at the national stadium - capacity limited to 12,000 - which is slap-bang in the middle of the two postcodes that have the highest Delta variant rates in Scotland. This would be funny if it wasn't so stupid. Glasgow has had, as much as anywhere in the UK, a long hard lock-down and to jeopardise it to feed the maw of corporate greed is indefensible. Don't even start me on the climate conference later this year in the city - 90% of the people attending will have flown from abroad - to talk about? Climate change - you really haven't thought this through have you? The rest of us have to use Zoom or Teams - why don't you? Anyway - nothing to do with shaving other than lavender and rosemary scents will be featuring heavily in my rotation for the foreseeable - I find them very relaxing. I'm going to need all the help I can get. Shave well - one and all - yours - I.
I share with you, Iain, the ambivalence towards football. Living proof of social construction, me: my late father played locally and internationally; yet I have no interest whatsoever in twenty two paid protagonists (or antagonists, depending on the high drama) kicking a football ball. The situation could easily be solved by giving everyone a ball each…

(This theory used to send my late father into apoplexy)

Sunday 13th June

Simpson 'The Duke 3' Synthetic - Meißner Lavender de Luxe - FaTip Lo Storto OC/Gillette 365 - Pour un Homme Caron.

Very nice indeed ...if I may say Sunday 13th June

Simpson 'The Duke 3' Synthetic - Meißner Lavender de Luxe - FaTip Lo Storto OC/Gillette 365 - Pour un Homme Caron.

Very nice indeed ...if I may say so!
How do you find the Caron EdT? To @Digimonkey too?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom