SOTD: Saturday 11th December - Friday 17th December 2021.

Sotd 17/12
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: Master soap creations peppermint latte
Splash: Master soap creations peppermint latte
Balm: arko unscented
Alum bloc
Bowl: Giles shaving co
Brush: alpha outlaw
Razor: Gillette slim adjustable
Blade:Gillette platinum 2nd use

Went for a 3 pass shave this morning and first time using the slim adjustable was a really good shave the razor felt really good in the hand I can see why its a great razor
1st pass setting 5
2nd pass setting 4
3rd pass setting 4
Scent notes : Scented with peppermint and coffee
The soap performed as expected really good its dense and slick also the scent is really nice you get the mint and coffee I also kinda smell after eight chocolate and the scent fills the bathroom once lathered also really nice scent on the splash
The wife also loved the scent happy weekend folks
20211217_115123.jpg20211217_114857.jpg20211217_114936.jpg20211217_115038.jpg20211217_115130.jpg20211217_115146.jpg20211217_115348.jpgQ20211217_115626.jpg20211217_115640.jpg20211217_121344.jpg

17/12/21
Pre - Shower
Brush - DS Cosmetics synth
Soap - Faena Dorica
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable H3 #4
Blade - Perma-sharp Supreme (3)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Pinaud Brandy Spice
Wk 50 (7b).JPG
Yip! Nothing wrong with that!
The Slim set on #4 for 2 passes XTG - ATG and the blade still feeling smooth.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Sotd-17-12-21.png
This morning -

razor - Mergress (2)
blade - Trig Silver Edge (7 and out)
brush - Yaqi High Mountain White
soap - TDS Patchouli & Vetiver
post - rosewater & glycerin
a/s - LPL Apricot
balm - Weleda
scent - Essence Vault 381 (T d'Hermes)

Just great. I fulsomely and wholeheartedly apologise for being sniffy about the Treet blades before actually having used them properly. I fully expected them to be rougher than a Hindu Kush bus journey and to last as long as an Indian Pakistani ceasefire. Not so. I found them to be extremely comfortable and consistent - I think there might be a couple of shaves left in it but I'm not going to push my luck and I fancy a change of razor tomorrow. I'm not sure where I got them from but a keen eye might discern the hoof prints of #theemporium? All good - back into the shit show again gentlemen - take care and enjoy shaving - cheers - I.

Face wash then Cube - unscented

Soap: TOBS Royal Forest

Brush: Yaqi Heavy Metal

Razor: Tatara Masamune

Blade: Nacet #1

Post Shave: Alum block - Cien Aqua

DE Shave #66

A super close shave. My face is aware of my lack of experience with this razor, no blood was spilt but it's not quite a comfortable as when I use the R6 #3. Two more shaves with it and then I'll try the R6 #4.

IMG_0330.JPG

78F62D4E-8EF5-4BB1-AC05-ECAD610D1893.jpeg
SOTD: 17/12/2021

Razor: Tatara Masamune Cap Nodachi Open Comb Base Plate
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Monte Carlo Croap
Aftershave: A&E Monte Carlo Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Another new acquisition, the Tatara Masamune Cap Nodachi Open Comb plate. I’ve not used the more aggressive plates or an open comb razor before so this was a first. The plate makes it instantly more strong and efficient, there is a lot more blade feel than the Masamune solid bar. The quality shines through and the Nodachi plate on the Masamune handle and cap, fit perfectly. While it’s a tad too aggressive for me to use everyday, it will fit nicely into the den and rotation and be a welcome addition!

Back
Top Bottom