SOTD : Saturday 11 September to Friday 17 September 2021.

15/09/21
SEptember
Pre - Shower
Brush - Jayaruh #291 Synthetic Knot
Soap - Signature Soap Leodis
Razor - Rolls Razor Aluminium cased Imp #2
Blade - Rolls Razor '49 / '52
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin

View attachment 76890
Hmmm!
The shave started with a great lather today with the JR synth and @BrianH Signature soap Leodis - to me a very nice scented soap.
I gave the 1949 blade 50 pre shave laps and away i went, the WTG pass was OK and the blade was cutting, no real drama, i went for the XTG pass and as i got to the more stubborn stubble around the chin area the blade just did not want to play. I popped into the den mid-shave and found a spare 1952 blade, popped it in the handle and it was much better. I then completed an ATG pass with a bit buffing - yes the '52 is much better.
I have been left with a DFS finish, although, i must say when using the Rolls, for me, its all about the experience rather than the finish.
I was expecting a bit of "Whoo Hoo :eek: " from the splash, however, it was not too bad at all.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All
Thanks as always, Tony. I had an interesting review this week of Leodis by YouTuber @IAMCDB who liked the fragrance but went on and on about dents in the tin that supposedly happened in transit (not shipped by me but was sent out to him in perfect condition). It clearly doesn’t occur to him that he could use a Pater Peperium relish pot to nicely present soap in a SOTD. Regards Brian

5AmZp2c.jpg

Prep: Barrister Reserve Cool soap, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Cream: Lea Menthol
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Polsilver Wizamet (1)
Post: Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Scent: D.R. Harris Arlington Cologne

Crisp weather this time of year in the Great Victoria Desert.

My shave from earlier today mirrored yesterday’s but t’was rather good:

Gillette Aristocrat Jnr, Lab Blue
Vintage Rooney Butterscotch Keyhole
Palmolive Stick
Paul Smith Extreme AS
Drop of Comfrey Oil

And it’ll be the same tomorrow as I’m still at my folks having a good laugh and reminiscing with my dear old Granny. What a gal!

I shan’t post here tomorrow but Friday’s will be different and I’ll try for a photo again.

Thanks chaps and may you all be blessed with health, wealth and happiness.

SOTD : 16th September 2021.

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather : Vie-Long Shave Stick.
Blade: Personna Gem modified PTFE. (D4)
Razor: Valet Auto Strop VC1.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Original ASL./Creightons Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Last shave of the week with the mild, yet efficient Auto Strop which has performed wonderfully throughout the week.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Creightons Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Thu 16 SOTD
Soap Stirling Witchy Woman
Brush Spiffo 28mm Manchurian
Razor J. R. Torrey 5/8
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Executive Man Splash with some frost drops
Really wonderful scent from this soap. The lather was as creamy and slick as can be...
This razor was back from freshly honed on Ozuku and the edge is ooohhh soooo nice, so smooth and comfortable.
3passes for a mixed dfs, ccs to sas result with any issues. The challenge area for technique improvement remains under the jaw and neck. Aftershaves are just wonderful as well...nice and cool!!
20210916_134356.jpg

Back
Top Bottom